Antonio Williams signs with Giants

Dablitzkrieg

24 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Shoen knows this guy should have been playing. This should be an eye opener. 

Ok then shouldn't Dabol had been pushing him to play over Moss? If Dabol likes him so much and Shoen is about to hire Dabol, why the hell wouldn't he promote him when Moss was struggling? Really odd?

And the poaching begins. The Bills have a long list of UFA's that will probably find their way to the Giants. We joke and say Buffalo is the only NY team but if you are a wealthy 20 something year old you want to live in NYC, LA, Miami, or Vegas. NYC will be very enticing to a lot of our guys and those that aren't getting a lot of playing time here will get on the field a lot easier there.

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

And the poaching begins. The Bills have a long list of UFA's that will probably find their way to the Giants. We joke and say Buffalo is the only NY team but if you are a wealthy 20 something year old you want to live in NYC, LA, Miami, or Vegas. NYC will be very enticing to a lot of our guys and those that aren't getting a lot of playing time here will get on the field a lot easier there

"Poaching".. Lol

He was never given an opportunity here... Good luck to him...

8 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

And the poaching begins. The Bills have a long list of UFA's that will probably find their way to the Giants. We joke and say Buffalo is the only NY team but if you are a wealthy 20 something year old you want to live in NYC, LA, Miami, or Vegas. NYC will be very enticing to a lot of our guys and those that aren't getting a lot of playing time here will get on the field a lot easier there.

Hes a practice squad player, he’ll need a roommate in any of those cities

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Ok then shouldn't Dabol had been pushing him to play over Moss? If Dabol likes him so much and Shoen is about to hire Dabol, why the hell wouldn't he promote him when Moss was struggling? Really odd?

We don't know what Dabol thinks if him.  Only that first day on the job Shoen immediately signed him. 

We don't know if Dabol has anything to to do surg this just Shoen.

1 hour ago, ArtVandalay said:

Shoen knows this guy should have been playing. This should be an eye opener. 

Yes.  There was a conspiracy of Beane and McD and the other coaches to keep Williams off the field although he was clearly superior to other options.  Schoen knows the truth!  Or it could be that Bills management knows better than the fans and that the Giants depth is no5 as Good so Williams has a better opportunity there.  

Edited by FLFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Seems like it. As long as it's not Miami.

Honestly, Daboll to Miami doesn't scare me in the least. They have a terrible, meddlesome owner that can't get out of his own way, a GM that's more worried aboit winning power struggles then football games and a meek game manager as a QB.

Daboll could really build something special with Schoen. My feeling is if he chooses Miami he will be back here in 2-3 years as an "Offensive Consultant" or some such title.

Edited by BuffaloBillyG

55 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Honestly, Daboll to Miami doesn't scare me in the least. They have a terrible, meddlesome owner that can't get out of his own way, a GM that's more worried aboit winning power struggles then football games and a meek game manager as a QB.

Daboll could really build something special with Schoen. My feeling is if he chooses Miami he will be back here in 2-3 years as an "Offensive Consultant" or some such title.

Many times a lot of good coaches take the first opportunity presented because you never know when another comes along. There are only 32 of them. Daboll has options. He should avoid Miami for reasons you mentioned. Denver and Chicago would have been good choices but now are gone. NY should be his move.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, uticaclub said:

Hes a practice squad player, he’ll need a roommate in any of those cities

I'm talking more about our bigger UFA's like Mario Addison, Ike Boettger, Matt Breida, Vernon Butler, Jerry Hughes, Taiwan Jones, Efe Obada, Isaiah McKenzie, Siran Neal, Harrison Phillips, Emmanuel Sanders, Levi Wallace, Justin Zimmer. More than a couple of those guys might be on the Giants (or Dolphins if Daboll goes there) next year

Edited by KDIGGZ

6 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Many times a lot of good coaches take the first opportunity presented because you never know when another comes along. There are only 32 of them. Daboll has options. He should avoid Miami for reasons you mentioned. Denver and Chicago would have been good choices but now are gone. NY should be his move.

I wonder if the Saints job comes into play as well. Yes, salary cap is tough right now so it may take a bit...but he could have a real shot at a solid QB prospect in the 2023 draft. Defense is solid already. 

9 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I'm talking more about our bigger UFA's like Mario Addison, Ike Boettger, Matt Breida, Vernon Butler, Jerry Hughes, Taiwan Jones, Efe Obada, Isaiah McKenzie, Siran Neal, Harrison Phillips, Emmanuel Sanders, Levi Wallace, Justin Zimmer. More than a couple of those guys might be on the Giants (or Dolphins if Daboll goes there) next year

Eli Ankou may be next. I don't believe Buffalo signed him to a futures deal. He should be free to sign as well.

8 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

David Sills is already there. If they bring Brandon Reilly in, that will be some troll job. 

Duke Williams as well 😂😂

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I can't believe the Bears and Chargers both passed on Daboll. Considering the young qbs. If he does land in NYG or Miami,  he'll struggle without a qb.

Edited by LABILLBACKER

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.