I am dreading Sunday at 3:00 pm almost like the anniversary of a death

CorkScrewHill

2 hours ago, stevestojan said:

So, since the NFL season seems so fast and the off-season blows, I’ll definitely be watching the games this weekend. Rooting for the Bungles, because why not. 

Ironically, if the Bangles somehow beat KC this weekend, I think it would prove to be cathartic for Bills fans.

The 13 second thing is easier to let go if the Chiefs don't even make it to the SB.

If the Chiefs win it all in convincing fashion, it will feel more like it was meant to be OUR championship and they stole it from us.

So yeah, go Bangles!  

29 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Looking forward to the games this weekend. The Chiefs loss was bad but not as bad as wide right or the MCM. 

I feel opposite: MCM was one play, one mistake - stay in your rush lanes. 13 seconds was a series of boneheaded gaffs (3) where if just one of them goes our way, we win. That was tougher to stomach because you could see it unraveling.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Ironically, if the Bangles somehow beat KC this weekend, I think it would prove to be cathartic for Bills fans.

The 13 second thing is easier to let go if the Chiefs don't even make it to the SB.

If the Chiefs win it all in convincing fashion, it will feel more like it was meant to be OUR championship and they stole it from us.

So yeah, go Bangles!  

Not a bad thought.. 

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

So yeah, go Bangles!  

Depends how they win. And the thought of Burrow getting a SB ring before Josh…

6 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I have high hopes for the future .. but it is really hitting me that we had it within reach. The closest I ever felt, before the last Bills TD in this game, to wow we have a great shot to win the Super Bowl was after the 51-3 dismantling of the Raiders in 1990.

I keep thinking I want to watch the game again, but then it will only make me second guess every little thing.

Truly expect great things in the years to come .. hopefully that starts with not giving away home field advantage next year.

The lack of aggressiveness during the season and on the 13 seconds is is what cost us the season, hopefully McDermott finally learns this lesson and if this doesn't teach him i dont know what will.

6 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Wont watch anymore football for the rest of the season. On to the draft.

Nope , im watching it all, still a football fan.

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, stevestojan said:

I’ve been judged for my Bills pessimism by family, friends, random strangers, etc. But I feel like it’s somehow protected me from the gut wrenching reactions like this. Now, I pout for 24 hours then move on. 

Same. It was blind rage and fury in the moment. The next day I was over it.

16 hours ago, stevestojan said:

I definitely got this Bills attitude from my dad. The last text he sent me during the game was “13 seconds and three timeouts. Not over yet.” 

So, since the NFL season seems so fast and the off-season blows, I’ll definitely be watching the games this weekend. Rooting for the Bungles, because why not. 

Same here. My dad is the ultimate Bills pessimist and has ultimately been justified with that view through the years.

I still won't watch any of the remaining games though.  It's mainly because I just don't care about anything in the NFL other than the Bills at this point. I used to bet and play fantasy but haven't done any of that in over a decade.  I wouldn't really watch any of the playoffs during the drought years either. I wont watch because with the Bills now out I simply don't care.

I love NFL football, so I'll be watching, but I don't expect either championship game to be that interesting or exciting. 

49ers games are like playing football in 18 inches of mud. Nothing happens in their games for 55 minutes of clock and then they recover a timely fumble or block a FG or punt (or both) to win. Then it's like "how the hell did they win AGAIN?"

49ers are a better version of the Titans. Physical team that seems to be awful but somehow always wins. 

KC will blow out the Bengals. Bengals feel like a team that's missing something, or a lot of something. 

A KC/LA Super Bowl would be a lot of fun to watch, though. I would root for Stafford, McVay and Donald to win a ring and take away Tampa's "only team to win a SB at home" as well. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

19 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

I have high hopes for the future .. but it is really hitting me that we had it within reach. The closest I ever felt, before the last Bills TD in this game, to wow we have a great shot to win the Super Bowl was after the 51-3 dismantling of the Raiders in 1990.

I keep thinking I want to watch the game again, but then it will only make me second guess every little thing.

Truly expect great things in the years to come .. hopefully that starts with not giving away home field advantage next year.

I have taken the loss harder than any since the super bowl teams to be honest. My saving grace is my family has added the super bowl to the yearly holiday agenda....so the food will be just whatever and I plan on partaking in a few beers and enjoying the family and watching commercials. The game itself is divorced from my true interest. I want a good game just so we aren't bored to tears waiting on commercials. thats just me. Halftime show Yes I will watch it 100% that too.

m

edit: sorry I wrote regarding super bowl the AFC Championship Go Bungles. meh Im doubtful it will be that way but not want to revel in more KC glory thats for sure.

Edited by muppy

I think the most cleansing way for this to play out, would be the Chiefs smoke the Bengals, and then lose to the Rams in the Super Bowl.  

Allows us to realize it wasn’t a cakewalk to a SB trophy and starts giving Mahomes/KC a monkey on their back of now 2 straight SB losses. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.