I am dreading Sunday at 3:00 pm almost like the anniversary of a death

CorkScrewHill

I have high hopes for the future .. but it is really hitting me that we had it within reach. The closest I ever felt, before the last Bills TD in this game, to wow we have a great shot to win the Super Bowl was after the 51-3 dismantling of the Raiders in 1990.

I keep thinking I want to watch the game again, but then it will only make me second guess every little thing.

Truly expect great things in the years to come .. hopefully that starts with not giving away home field advantage next year.

• Thank you (+1) 2

I was pretty sure I was going to skip this weekend, but as it gets closer, I think I'll probably watch. They should be great games, and I love football.

Honestly, though, I don't think I'll ever be able to watch even a single highlight from the KC game.  Which is a shame, because it's obviously a classic.  But that game is nothing but pain for me now.  It's like revisiting a nightmare.

Haven't felt that way in a long, long time.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

I have the KC game on the DVR, but I suspect I will not watch the game again.

Believe it or not, I never watched any of the 4 Super Bowls a second time either.  

I will definitely be watching playoff football this weekend, and the SB---at least as long as the games are close.

The moment one turns into a blowout, I'll be doing other things.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Success said:

I was pretty sure I was going to skip this weekend, but as it gets closer, I think I'll probably watch. They should be great games, and I love football.

Honestly, though, I don't think I'll ever be able to watch even a single highlight from the KC game.  Which is a shame, because it's obviously a classic.  But that game is nothing but pain for me now.  It's like revisiting a nightmare.

Haven't felt that way in a long, long time.

You should watch at least the offensive highlights.  They are a thing of beauty and balm to the soul

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You should watch at least the offensive highlights.  They are a thing of beauty and balm to the soul

It's true. I thought I wouldn't watch any replays or highlights from that game, but I've seen them popping up on Twitter and online, and the offensive scoring plays are really works of art.

I held back my emotions for the entire KC game until that TD catch by Gabe at the end...I truly felt they had won it with that and I let out a scream so loud I almost passed out. Seeing it again wasn't as painful as I thought it would be.

I’ve been judged for my Bills pessimism by family, friends, random strangers, etc. But I feel like it’s somehow protected me from the gut wrenching reactions like this. Now, I pout for 24 hours then move on. 

I definitely got this Bills attitude from my dad. The last text he sent me during the game was “13 seconds and three timeouts. Not over yet.” 

So, since the NFL season seems so fast and the off-season blows, I’ll definitely be watching the games this weekend. Rooting for the Bungles, because why not. 

To be fair, the "Perfect Game" was the heights for me.  I've told a lot of people that it was the single best sports-viewing experience I've had in my life.

I don't care if people think that's sad or whatever, but I don't think many other fanbases know what it's like to be on the wrong side of a rivalry (using that word loosely) for 20 years, like we had w/ the Pats.  That was Josh Allen as Lancelot, slaying the dragon that has tormented our village for a generation.  I've never watched a football game that was just 60 minutes of pure exhiliration like that, and 100% catharsis.  I was flying for days.

Talk about a postseason of the ultimate high and the ultimate low, all in a couple of weeks.  That's sports.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.