Good luck to AFC teams not in BUF, KC, CIN, LA, BAL, and perhaps DEN…

eball

…if Denver snags Rodgers as many predict, then the teams listed above all have QBs who are head and shoulders above anything else the AFC has to offer.  Imagine looking at your franchise and realizing you’re playing for the #7 seed from the get-go.

Now, perhaps Fabio is the real deal in JAX…who knows.  I suppose we need to give Zach a chance in NJ…but it’s the Jets.  Carr’s a nice QB but not at the same level.  Tannehill?  :lol:  McCorkle is a game manager and Tua is lazy.  Pittsburgh is searching.  Jury’s out on Baker but it’s not promising.  No sign of Watson coming back.  That leaves Indy and Carson… :lol: :lol: 

Man, it’s nice to know we’ve got our guy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, eball said:

…if Denver snags Rodgers as many predict, then the teams listed above all have QBs who are head and shoulders above anything else the AFC has to offer.  Imagine looking at your franchise and realizing you’re playing for the #7 seed from the get-go.

Now, perhaps Fabio is the real deal in JAX…who knows.  I suppose we need to give Zach a chance in NJ…but it’s the Jets.  Carr’s a nice QB but not at the same level.  Tannehill?  :lol:  McCorkle is a game manager and Tua is lazy.  Pittsburgh is searching.  Jury’s out on Baker but it’s not promising.  No sign of Watson coming back.  That leaves Indy and Carson… :lol: :lol: 

As I've mentioned before, it's truly an arms race in the AFC going forward as every new HC being hired right now in the conference has to have a legit plan on how they are going to catch teams like the Bills and Chiefs.

In the AFCW in particular it's shaping up to be brutal next year if the Chargers take the next step. They've already proven they can beat the Chiefs similar to the Bills despite falling short of the playoffs.

Raiders did it last year but have been on the receiving end of too many losses which is why they also need to retool to get better.

Broncos are the true wildcard though because if they do land Aaron Rogers as everyone is already speculating because of the Hackett hire that's a team IMO that has a SB caliber roster already.

Luckily for the bills as of right now there is no real evidence any of the 3 division opponents are truly ready to compete unless Tua and/or Jones take big steps next year for the Dolphins and Patriots respectively.

• Agree 1

Rodgers, who already can't win playoff games, wants to go from the NFC cupcake division to the AFC West to face the Chargers and Chiefs, with the Raiders even spunky...

OK!

Rodgers on the Steelers would be a lot more interesting to watch as an NFL fan... Imagine being Cleveland... Your QB is already #3 in the division, now he's suddenly #4 by a LARGE margin. 

Rodgers

Burrow

Lamar

Baker

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If Rodgers goes to Denver, talk about a division where the winner is battle tested. 

This is the best part about Rodgers possibly going to Denver.

Only one division winner between Denver, KC, and LAC. Raiders aren't terrible either.

Love seeing them beat each other up before the playoffs.

The best thing is that we don't have one of these studs in our division.  Maybe Wilson turns into one, but the longer that Tua and Mac Jones remain starters, the better that is for the Bills.  We are basically guaranteed 4-to-6 wins (probably more like 5/6 wins) every single season for the foreseeable future.  

Edited by TheBrownBear

47 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If Rodgers goes to Denver, talk about a division where the winner is battle tested. 

Rodgers to Denver would be great for the Bills, at least in theory.

You'd have Chargers/Broncos/Chiefs all taking wins off each other, making our path to the No. 1 seed that much easier.

It also helps that we should have the upper hand in our own division for several years to come, and probably have 4 automatic wins a year with the Jets and Fish.

The lesson of this season is that when the No. 1 seed is available, you MUST TAKE IT.

That would have been us if Josh hadn't slipped in Nashville and we beat the Titans!  

What a huge difference to our playoff season! 

2 minutes ago, Success said:

But what about Mac Jones?

I kid, I kid....

He's a solid QB who had an excellent rookie year, despite hitting the rookie wall with about 3 or 4 games to go.

He's not going to give Allen trouble, but he's good enough to make NE a nuisance to us going forward.

9 minutes ago, cage said:

Every GM and coaching interview for an AFC opening has to start with.... "did you watch last Sunday's game?...... in your thinking, what do we have to do to compete with that?"

If McDermott were the interviewee, he would undoubtedly say, "Yes, I saw the game, and I think what we need to do is draft a defensive tackle in the first round."

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

He's a solid QB who had an excellent rookie year, despite hitting the rookie wall with about 3 or 4 games to go.

He's not going to give Allen trouble, but he's good enough to make NE a nuisance to us going forward.

True - but I'd add that it's true only as long as Belichick coaches.  

I've been wondering what BB must be thinking after the Buffalo/KC game. He has to be wondering if he can ever build a team to compete in a game like that, I would think.  But who knows.

33 minutes ago, cage said:

Every GM and coaching interview for an AFC opening has to start with.... "did you watch last Sunday's game?...... in your thinking, what do we have to do to compete with that?"

Look back at the week before too, in the playoffs, the Bills destroyed the Patriots then the Chiefs scored something like 28 points in ten minutes. Teams making the playoffs aren't even close to being competitive against the top echelon teams. 

Edited by Malazan

1 hour ago, eball said:

Honestly, I get the Rodgers to Denver connection makes sense on just about every level.  However, if I am Rodgers and looking at that murders row of QB's in the AFC who are all elite or rising stars, I am thinking twice about joining Denver.  

2 of those guys are in their own division...and Rodgers with a loaded Packers team just lost as the #1 seed to Jimmy G and a 49ers team that didn't score an offensive TD at home.  

Denver should look like the favorite, but if I am Rodgers I don't see that Denver roster as any better than the Packers, but being stuck in a division with Mahomes and Herbert and a conference with Josh Allen and a loaded Bills team.  So I would have my eyes set on an NFC team, or at the very least a team in the AFC thats in a less lethal division.  

But I get it, Nathaniel hire makes it even more likely Denver is the front runner...but I think Rodgers ego is going to want to win a SB to kind of shove GB's nose in it, and I am not sure going to Denver gives him the best path to achieve that having to face Mahomes and Herbert 4 times a year battling for the division.  

1 hour ago, eball said:

Rodgers has limited shelf life left. Whoever gets Watson once his situation is resolved and he is cleared to play will be on this list as well assuming it's an AFC team

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.