Allen declines invitation to play in Pro Bowl

Process

1 minute ago, BigAl2526 said:

Good decision.  Honestly, we'll never know if he might have gone had he been elected.  It's possible the decision to skip it was motivated more by concern over his own body.  The snub certainly doesn't give him any reasons to want to play.

I said before he elected not to go, he's not the type of person to go as an alternate.  He's got too much pride to take a participation trophy.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Southern_Bills said:

Athletes are petty, and pettiness leads to motivation to beat the man across from you when you feel slighted by him.

I think you have a point in that Allen is clearly motivated by some perceived slights - he seems to turn it up for Denver, who drafted just before us, and for some guys who dissed him.

But I don't think Allen is petty enough to keep an "enemies list" like Mayfield seems to, where he will figure out who all the pro bowl voters were and get a little extra ginger when he's facing them.  If you're not motivated enough by just generally wanting to show you're the best when it comes to every coach in the league and a whole group of players on every team, something's wrong.

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

I imagine Burrow has to be next in line, assuming the Chiefs win on Sunday?  Tannehill would probably get a request before Jones too.

I'm not saying that's illogical, but at the same time this is the same Pro Bowl that Lamar Jackson made over Josh Allen.

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, Process said:

Good, ***** em

Time for stem cell therapy.

Also They really need to let these guys use growth hormone for recovery and if anyone thinks this a ped , get educated. Growth hormone doesnt increase strength, speed or muscle growth, what it does do is allow for faster healing and recovery , which is what all the players need.

10 hours ago, WotAGuy said:

What about the bumps and bruises to my heart?  I need healing too. 

Wings and Wec

Well... Josh clearly didn't write that.

But he should skip it. It's illegitimate now that he was snubbed. The pro bowl means nothing.

This is like when Hank jr (and Hank III for that matter) refused to play at the grand ole opry because Hank sr wasn't a member.

I could see Dawkins going to his first PB, but I'd like to see Diggs also decline to support his bro.

12 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I hope the franchise as a whole just declines going forward. Id really like to see a bitter rivalry where Josh puts up a 10k 100td season, and declines, so then the next year josh goes 10k/100 again, and gets no votes lol lets get this thing PETTTTTYYYYY

With that kind of offense, he won't have the chance to decline as a Super Bowl is a lock.

I think Josh is skipping to play in the Pebble Beach Pro Am which ends on the  Same Sunday. 

There was a little mention of this in the Palmer interview I caught so I checked and he is on the list of celebrities. 

I have heard he has spent time With Jim Nantz in the past golfing and getting to know each other.  Maybe Jim had some influence to get him In. 

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think you have a point in that Allen is clearly motivated by some perceived slights - he seems to turn it up for Denver, who drafted just before us, and for some guys who dissed him.

But I don't think Allen is petty enough to keep an "enemies list"

We'll know better if Mr. Allen starts asking us "What was your screen name on TBD in early 2018?" at the annual chili fest and bbq.

😁

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.