Allen declines invitation to play in Pro Bowl

Process

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I doubt Dion will since it's his first.  

Agreed.  I would expect any player actually voted in to attend.  It IS an honor, even if a watered-down one.  Josh was smart, too — no snark in his message, blaming it on needing to rest.  We all know the real story.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I used to love the Pro Bowl, because the players actually played as if it were a real game.

I always appreciated that it was after the Super Bowl and we got another chance to see our Bills' all stars one more time.  And you're right... I believe both conferences played for pride... nothing like the jersey swapping, flag football competition they serve up today.

• Agree 2

Tbh I think Josh is being genuine in his comments. I think he would find it hard to not be himself on the field, and his style and competitiveness is too much risk of injury. Not to mention, over the last few weeks he ran the ball a lot and got tackled a lot and really does need recovery. I also think he’s probably a bit mentally exhausted after that game and not really in mindset yet to to go play around in Vegas at the pro bowl. He wants to be playing in a real game right now,  not that. 

overall, mature decision with a side order of F U

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

And it is no longer in Hawaii.  Many players would have issue with going there since vaccine required and they have an "Antonio Brown" rule and they arrest anyone with false cards.

We went to Hawaii the first week of this year.  Glad we did because they now mandate a booster shot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.