Ben Roethlisberger officially retires

Greg S

I could see Allen's career taking a similar path to Ben's. Lots of regular season wins, division titles, playoff wins, with a couple of Super Bowl wins. In 20 years or so it ends in Canton.

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams to Pittsburgh

The North would be a brutal division to play in if that happened. It's already tough enough.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams to Pittsburgh

Assuming sarcasm, but I think I would literally crap my pants if this happened. Colbert is retiring, but for them to make that move is so against everything they have ever done I would be shocked. Plus, I assume their cap is not in good enough shape for that.

39 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Assuming sarcasm, but I think I would literally crap my pants if this happened. Colbert is retiring, but for them to make that move is so against everything they have ever done I would be shocked. Plus, I assume their cap is not in good enough shape for that.

1.  It's what PIT should do.  

2.  You are right, also living in PGH, I think the only move they have made that nears this is trading the 11th pick for Fitzpatrick (safety).  Worked out well for them, so perhaps they do this, but

3.  I think they have massive cap issues with few ways to solve them.  

Just now, Brandon said:

They can always bring back Duck Hodges.  He's better than Josh Allen,  so I've heard.  

Ha!  Even PFF has converted on their Josh Allen evaluation, and Sam Monson admitted at that time "none of us really believed that"

That little admission tells you all you need to know about the fan-facing side of the business that PFF runs

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

good riddance

Honestly, the longer he lingered in the NFL as their starting QB, the better it was for the Bills and anyone else vying for power in the AFC.

The Steelers have been in need for a re-boot for several years now.

I wish he had dragged his career out another year or 2.

I suspect the team told him he was finished so that was not an option--hence the retirement announcement a few games ago.

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

In case anyone misses the #LoveAndHonor reference, it's the motto of Miami University of Ohio

Why Mariota? 

It's an interesting thought about Trubisky.  He would fit pretty well there, I think.

Just a gut feeling. I think Mariota is going to be a hot name in FA with the way he looked filling in for Carr a while back. He would add a nice dimension for their run game and a lot of the underneath passing game that the Steelers have run with Ben the last 2 years. 

Trubisky would be a more traditional fit for them IMO, but (again, my gut tells me) he's going to have a few places to choose from to compete for a staring spot.

15 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Honestly, the longer he lingered in the NFL as their starting QB, the better it was for the Bills and anyone else vying for power in the AFC.

The Steelers have been in need for a re-boot for several years now.

I wish he had dragged his career out another year or 2.

I suspect the team told him he was finished so that was not an option--hence the retirement announcement a few games ago.

I just need someone new to hate. Idc bout the rest of that crap 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.