When Does Josh Allen get a national advertisement add campaign? I think Geico makes sense with a Buffalo presence.

298Woody

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

Maybe,  had the Bills won an Sunday it would be guaranteed . He is a poster child NFL QB

If Madden didn't pass away I would say he would probably be on the cover of the next Madden but it will probably be John and it should be.

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

For Allen, they should really play into what Poyer said when mic’d up.

Goofy.

He’s big, he’s loud, he’s clutzy, he’s adorable dumb, goofy.

Basically…Allen is the Andy Dwyer of Parks and Rec come to life.

Got to be able to make fun of yourself.  

Mayfield is probably the best “Actor” of any NFL Player since Romo.  Maybe Manning in a few of those SNL Skits.

Rodgers and Mahomes are decent (but they are playing that ‘I don’t get the State Farm rate’ gimmick way too much).

I think him being the comedic relief of a spot where his bulldozer style of playing football comes across as whatever character they have him play.

I think that Crytpo contest commercial should be the prototype for future Allen ad campaigns.

Regular, humble, goofy guy who happens to effortlessly launch a ball 80 yards. It's charming and the country will like it a lot more than those awful West Herr "smile and hold a football" commercials. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ToGoGo said:

I think that Crytpo contest commercial should be the prototype for future Allen ad campaigns.

Regular, humble, goofy guy who happens to effortlessly launch a ball 80 yards. It's charming and the country will like it a lot more than those awful West Herr "smile and hold a football" commercials. 

That’s very good idea too.

The effortless savant.  That could be very funny.  Wow!

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

I think there is language in the NFLPA agreement with the NFL that unvaxxed players are limited to what kind of ad spots they can get. Not speculating on if JA is or isn't but no national ads if unvaxxed. There was a lot of language in the COVID rules for unvaxxed players that I don't think a lot of fans are aware of. This partiular point was intended to add financial incentives to get the vax.

Aaron Rodgers is unvaxxed. He still gets the "Rodgers Rate."

Edited by WhoTom
  • Agree 1

I don't think GEICO would be the right fit, Gov't Employee's Insurance Co. - not a whole lot of Gov't employees in the Buffalo area, I would think they would be a better fit for the Washington DC area but I do like some of the other ideas, - "You can do that in just 13 seconds", hilarious. 

Go Bills!!!!!

1 hour ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

I think there is language in the NFLPA agreement with the NFL that unvaxxed players are limited to what kind of ad spots they can get. Not speculating on if JA is or isn't but no national ads if unvaxxed. There was a lot of language in the COVID rules for unvaxxed players that I don't think a lot of fans are aware of. This partiular point was intended to add financial incentives to get the vax.

He did the Buffalo Wild Wings commercial.  That was national.  What does that tell us?

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

State Farm is one of the NFL's top 3 advertisers. With Brady & Rodgers out, did you really think Mahomes wasn't going to be in the SB.  Josh has to talk to his agent and beef up the national exposure somehow. 

So you’re claiming State Farm somehow had a part in the last 13 seconds of regulation?

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I don't think GEICO would be the right fit, Gov't Employee's Insurance Co. - not a whole lot of Gov't employees in the Buffalo area, I would think they would be a better fit for the Washington DC area but I do like some of the other ideas, - "You can do that in just 13 seconds", hilarious. 

Go Bills!!!!!

I have to say a tongue-in-cheek commercial where they say “what can you do with 13 seconds?” and cut to Allen giving a death stare could be funny. 

• Haha (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Aaron Rodgers is unvaxxed. He still gets the "Rodgers Rate."

Rogers was also was very grey in his vax status at the start of the year....

The money and ad campaign was already well under way when the new language was put in. State Farm had already invested that money. Is the NFL going to die on that hill with a major sponsor over this? Probably not.

1 hour ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

For Allen, they should really play into what Poyer said when mic’d up.

Goofy.

He’s big, he’s loud, he’s clutzy, he’s adorable dumb, goofy.

Basically…Allen is the Andy Dwyer of Parks and Rec come to life.

Got to be able to make fun of yourself.  

Mayfield is probably the best “Actor” of any NFL Player since Romo.  Maybe Manning in a few of those SNL Skits.

Rodgers and Mahomes are decent (but they are playing that ‘I don’t get the State Farm rate’ gimmick way too much).

I think him being the comedic relief of a spot where his bulldozer style of playing football comes across as whatever character they have him play.

?? You saw the fourth down play, right?

How about Hertz? Or is it too soon?

• Simon locked this topic
1 hour ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

They were limited during the season, just due to trying to limit contacts during the season. 

Doesn't apply to prior to or after the season.