Denver hiring Nathaniel Hackett as HC

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Looks like the Broncos won’t be contenders anytime soon 

Disagree, if Rodgers follows. Denver has a good roster already, the big hole being at QB. No idea how Nate will pan out as a HC, but odds are he'll be an improvement over Fangio.

4 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Does this mean Aaron Rodgers follows him to Denver?

this is the only thing that makes sense.  Then again, it's Denver.  Hope Rodgers goes to an NFC team.  

1 hour ago, Hebert19 said:

This concludes Rodgers to Denver IMO.    If that were to happen there is no way mahomes gets 1 seed there.  Dealing with Vegas Denver and chargers was hard enough without Rodgers being there too. 

This works be big for us.  That division will decimate each other. 

okay, I like this line of thinking. 

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

He sucks, but he has a lot of energy and his Dad has a ton of connections and is well liked. Denver probably thinks they are getting McVay. 

He somehow got the label of "boy genius" a long time ago and the folks who run the NFL are dumb enough that the label will stick forever.

Never mind the fact that he demonstrated for all to see in Buffalo that he was not only NOT a genius, but he was from some sort of Wunderkind.

The kid was in way over his head.

Maybe he's progressed since then.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

Rodgers not a free agent, Denver will have to trade for him.  Adams also not a free agent, he is prime candidate for franchise tag.  I just don’t see how Packers won’t try to run it back again for 1 last time.

Isn’t there an out in his contract where he can be a free agent after this season?

18 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Isn’t there an out in his contract where he can be a free agent after this season?

“Rodgers is not a pending free agent. He and the Packers agreed to a restructured contract last summer. In that deal, a void year was added for 2023 – meaning he would be able to enter free agency and be ineligible for the franchise tag after next season. The contract was also structured so that the Packers would save nearly $20 million against the cap if Rodgers is traded before June 2022. Based on that language, many have speculated that he will seek a trade this offseason.”

• Like (+1) 1

Congrats to Nate.  I know we loved to sh*t on him here when he was our OC, but we didn't really have a great amount of talent on those offenses, he was really green, and we were in QB hell.  I'm sure he's grown as a coach over the years, and by all accounts, he's a really likeable guy.  Good luck to him.

• Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Billsflyer12 said:

Rodgers not a free agent, Denver will have to trade for him.  Adams also not a free agent, he is prime candidate for franchise tag.  I just don’t see how Packers won’t try to run it back again for 1 last time.

I heard Rodgers on mcafee show. I get the impression that Adams would not sign a franchise tag and if he doesn’t get a long term deal  Rodgers is gone. 

I mentioned in a threat the other day that the Bills should have a keen eye on what Denver and Oakland do in regards to the HC hiring and offseason strategy relevant to building a team to compete with the Chiefs and this is the first domino to fall.

Many Bills fans will obviously remember Hackett in Buffalo for his ho hum offense under Marrone but he's considered an up and coming guy in the mold of Zac Taylor and Sean McVay and this is the exact type of move I expected in Denver especially after going with a defensive type of guy in Fangio last time.

If they land Aaron Rogers or another legit veteran QB they will be a contender next year for sure with the talent already on that roster.

5 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Does this mean Aaron Rodgers follows him to Denver?

NFC will have nobody left, especially if Rodgers and Wilson go to the AFC. It's nuts!

Most of these guys don't seem to think strategically. "I want to win more super Bowls, so I'll leave a conference with 3 good teams and join the AFC, which has Allen, Mahomes, Herbet, Jackson, Burrow, NE lurking around, and Indy and Tennesee which are solid squads with awful QBs but still win games. 

Brady could come back to Tampa and just play December on and basically have a bye to the NFC Title Game vs the Rams. 

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I heard Rodgers on mcafee show. I get the impression that Adams would not sign a franchise tag and if he doesn’t get a long term deal  Rodgers is gone. 

Considering the playoff game made it clear Rodgers sees his WR corps as "Davante Adams and No One", that's hardly a surprise.

image.thumb.png.1ede40f432e62c40bacc298fb5ca7e10.png

😂😂

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.