Denver hiring Nathaniel Hackett as HC

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Who would have thought in 201-whatever that our OC, who only had the job because he was buds with Marrone, would someday be a NFL HC. 

Good for him!

I could be wrong, but at the time wasn’t he like the youngest OC in history? Atta boy! Hopefully he gives his boy Dougie a job. Janitor?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just amazing his career arc.  Went from riding Marrone’s sidecar from Syracuse to Buffalo to Jax.  Was the first heavy object sacrificed off the side of the boat by Marrone and somehow landed in Rogers’ sidecar and parlayed that into a head coaching gig.  Sometimes picking the right horses is all the talent you need.  Just incredible, a Great American Success* Story.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I heard rumors of Rogers and Elway having a “handshake deal” phase 1 complete.

Now we see if Aaron announces it’s his “time to move on”

That rumor seems to be making the rounds...Rodgers and maybe Adams following Hackett to Denver.

Doesn't make all that much sense for Rodgers though.  His road to the SuperBowl is probably better if he stays at GB, especially if Brady decides to retire.

The AFC has the better young QB's.  In Denver he'd have to get past Mahomes, Herbert and Carr in their own division.  Then of course you have Allen, Burrow, Lamar, and some other solid teams like Tenn and Indy.

25 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I heard rumors of Rogers and Elway having a “handshake deal” phase 1 complete.

Now we see if Aaron announces it’s his “time to move on”

Rodgers is under contract for 2022. He can’t simply retire and then go to Denver. GB would still have his rights. Denver needs to trade for him or GB needs to cut him 

16 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Just amazing his career arc.  Went from riding Marrone’s sidecar from Syracuse to Buffalo to Jax.  Was the first heavy object sacrificed off the side of the boat by Marrone and somehow landed in Rogers’ sidecar and parlayed that into a head coaching gig.  Sometimes picking the right horses is all the talent you need.  Just incredible, a Great American Success* Story.

Adam Gase 2.0.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

What happened with Trent in Buffalo was a product of what happens when you get drafted by a bad team. 

Dick Jauron as HC. Turk Schonert as OC. Where is Turk now? Last I knew he was in the CFL (2018) as receivers coach. 

Concussions ended that kids NFL career. 

What happened with Trent in Buffalo is what happens to almost all QBs drafted outside the first round -- and frequently to QBs drafted in the top 5 :   they fail as starters.   It is what it is.  Don't pretend that Edwards was some kind of martyr to the Bills incompetence.  He wasn't good enough.   He wasn't even good enough to last as a backup.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, zow2 said:

That rumor seems to be making the rounds...Rodgers and maybe Adams following Hackett to Denver.

Doesn't make all that much sense for Rodgers though.  His road to the SuperBowl is probably better if he stays at GB, especially if Brady decides to retire.

The AFC has the better young QB's.  In Denver he'd have to get past Mahomes, Herbert and Carr in their own division.  Then of course you have Allen, Burrow, Lamar, and some other solid teams like Tenn and Indy.

Maybe, but the Packers are about to be in cap hell. Denver is actually a great roster, just needs a QB

If it gets him and Mahomes to beat each other up to earn the 3 seed, I'm all for it 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Protocal69 said:

Thats would be crazy.Mahomes,Herbert and Rodgers all in the same division. Even throw Carr into the mix and thats murderous row smh

In that scenario Herbert and Carr don’t matter. It’s a two horse race. At this point in their careers the best Herbert and Carr can do is maybe still a game from KC, and hope to win more games with a stumble from KC. 

36 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

The year they went to the AFCCG they were like 5th in scoring, 6th in yards per game and 1st in rushing. 

With Blake Bortles!

In Buffalo the dude was picking up random guys at Tim Hortons on the way to practice to start. Thad Lewis started 5 games off the street for the Bills.

Not calling Hackey some miracle worker or savant but he was never as trash as some have made him seem. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it’s highly probable. Been rumored since last year that it is a trade destination for him. And it’s the Elway model to go get this type of QB. I would love him being in KC’s division. 

This will never happen. Rogers has had it too easy in his current situation. Think about it it, six games against the Vikings, Bears and Lions. That is 5 wins a year handed to you. Everyone plays each other hard in AFC west. So you are trading that for four games a year against Mahomes and Herbert? I mean Rodgers is an Arrogant weirdo but he won’t do that.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.