Denver hiring Nathaniel Hackett as HC

YoloinOhio

26 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it’s highly probable. Been rumored since last year that it is a trade destination for him. And it’s the Elway model to go get this type of QB. I would love him being in KC’s division. 

But I wouldn't want him in the AFC.

Just now, Billznut said:

Supposedly Rodgers and Hackett have a great relationship. Rodgers spoke highly of Hackett this year. Hopefully this helps get Rodgers and maybe even Adams to Denver. 

Man, I gotta tell ya... I'll feel so bad for Rodgers if he does go to Denver with that turd as HC.

Without Rodgers in Denver they will be the new Jacksonville Jaguars.

I also wonder if Rodgers screwed GB on purpose this season as he doesn't like their GM and wanted out. 

Gonna be interesting for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

In Buffalo it seemed like Hackett was a problem, was pulled up to NFL by marrone, and should go back to college.  By the time the rumor mill told us inner workings in Buf after marrone left and he did what he did in Jacksonville it seemed like he might not have been the problem for us at all.  The ringing endorsements coming out of GB essentially ensured that he'd get a chance.

Also, did anyone else not know that he was on the offensive coaching staff for the Bills for 2 years in 08-09 before Marrone ever got here?

2 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

I really Billieved him about Trentative what a let down.

RIP Bill W

What happened with Trent in Buffalo was a product of what happens when you get drafted by a bad team. 

Dick Jauron as HC. Turk Schonert as OC. Where is Turk now? Last I knew he was in the CFL (2018) as receivers coach. 

Concussions ended that kids NFL career. 

• Disagree 1

13 minutes ago, Greg S said:

But I wouldn't want him in the AFC.

We don’t play them next year, He doesn’t have many years left and hasn’t been to a SB in 10 years. I’ll take my chances with them and lil Nate in the playoffs and just prefer he plays Mahomes and Herbert twice in the reg season 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rew said:

In Buffalo it seemed like Hackett was a problem, was pulled up to NFL by marrone, and should go back to college.  By the time the rumor mill told us inner workings in Buf after marrone left and he did what he did in Jacksonville it seemed like he might not have been the problem for us at all.  The ringing endorsements coming out of GB essentially ensured that he'd get a chance.

Also, did anyone else not know that he was on the offensive coaching staff for the Bills for 2 years in 08-09 before Marrone ever got here?

Hackett in Jacksonville had Blake Bortles as his QB...how did that work out? He develop Bortles into a star QB or get fired? 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

We don’t play them next year, He doesn’t have many years left and hasn’t been to a SB in 10 years. I’ll take my chances with them and lil Nate in the playoffs and just prefer he plays Mahomes and Herbert twice in the reg season 

On the flip side to that it makes Denver better and one more tough team in the AFC. You do have a good point. If it hurts KC and LAC then great. If the Bills meet the Chiefs in the playoffs next year I want it... CHIEFS AT BILLS

• Like (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Last thing we need is another elite QB in the AFC, but with there already being 4 + Lamar, what’s another one added to the mix… Especially with him potentially going to KC’s division. 

After watching Rodgers against SF the other day I wouldn’t be so afraid of having him in the AFC.  Just didn’t seem to have any fire inside to pull out the win.  Must be exhausted from making all those lame State Farm commercials.  The “Rodgers Rate” and “Patrick Price” crap is so dumb.  I’m seriously thinking about going to Progressive.  
But I’m all for putting him in the AFC West.  More for the Chefs to have to contend with every year.  Perfect!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.