2022 Schedule is complete

Bogie_Klinkhammer

15 hours ago, HOUSE said:

image.png.eb6875a62e81f49c0a1f4a32bf2bd210.png

Home and away: Miami, New England, NY Jets

Home: Green Bay, Minnesota, Cleveland, Pittsburgh and Tennessee

Away: Baltimore, Chicago, Cincinnati, Detroit, LA Rams and Kansas City

(Per the Bills' social media accounts.)

um this was known a few weeks ago when regular season ended.

15 hours ago, Augie said:

We played in Nashville for four straight years. Sometimes it just works that way. Division vs division, best team against best, worst vs worst. 

My dilemma is which team to try to hit on the road. Several good options. At least I can cross of Detroit. Who knew they were still in the NFL?   :)

Yea. Just like Jacksonville was a lock in 2021.

15 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Anyone wanna guess on the Opener?  Bills at Chiefs?  Bills at Rams? Either one will be must-see TV for Opening Thursday night.

The NFL actually tends to avoid those type of marquee openers as opening night typically gets huge ratings anyway. Why waste a Rams Bills or Chiefs Bills game that you could use week 10 and boost those ratings. My guess is the SB opener will probably be some in division matchup and if Rodgers really does go to DEN then DEN KC or KC LAC or Rams SF

54 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

No.  😂.

but barring injuries…the Era of McDermott and his Defense getting fat off Rookie and 3rd String QBs Is over.  Which I believe McDermott was 9-2 against Rookies/Back-Ups in 2021.

Going to have to put in the time and effort it appears in 2022.

I mean the NFC north is gonna be out Rodgers sooo those QBs all are not anything special, AFC North has Burrow/Lamar but PIT/CLE do not have QBs that inspire fear, Jets and Phins are nothing special at QB. To me this year is easier on paper QB wise then the prior two.

13 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Not true and also not possible under current scheduling format. 3 years in row is max and that's what happened with Titans.

OK, in 2018 we played them in OP, then 3 straight years in Nashville. We also played in Nashville in 2015. Interestingly, all games were played in October. I guess, at least lately, they like to save conference games until later in the season for the most part. 

I enjoyed attending three of those games in Nashville, missing only the Covid/no fans game. If you ever have an opportunity to see a game there, I highly recommend it. It’s an OK stadium, but a GREAT setup with the pedestrian bridge from downtown to the game. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, corta765 said:

The NFL actually tends to avoid those type of marquee openers as opening night typically gets huge ratings anyway. Why waste a Rams Bills or Chiefs Bills game that you could use week 10 and boost those ratings. My guess is the SB opener will probably be some in division matchup and if Rodgers really does go to DEN then DEN KC or KC LAC or Rams SF

I mean the NFC north is gonna be out Rodgers sooo those QBs all are not anything special, AFC North has Burrow/Lamar but PIT/CLE do not have QBs that inspire fear, Jets and Phins are nothing special at QB. To me this year is easier on paper QB wise then the prior two.

i don’t know if it is straight up inspiring fear.  

I think Buffalo Defense has trouble with ANY QB who actually is the teams actual starting QB with entrenchment.

15 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

And then a playoff apperance and a playoff exit due to another dumb coaching decision. Wash, rinse, repeat onto 2023

I get that Belichick (maybe Reid too now?) has put unrealistic demands on all other teams in the league, but come on man.

There is only one coach (Coughlin) besides Belichick that has won more than one Super Bowl in the last 20 years.

13 other coaches that succeed throughout the year exit the playoffs too without a win. It sucks and the ultimate goal is of course a super bowl but McDermott and company give us the best chance to do that outside of who? Belichick? 

Edited by What a Tuel

15 hours ago, Beast said:

My bet is the Rams will play Arizona in an opener.

KC...definitely Buffalo. 

Championship game rematches will not occur to open the season.  These are featured 425/ prime time games.

Based on final 4 teams if they win SB their opener will be

Chargers at 49ers

Raiders/Bills at Rams

Bills at Bengals 

Titans at Chiefs

Chiefs at Bengals. On Sunday night 

49ers at Rams on Monday night

Bills st Chiefs…I see this becoming Brady- Manning where it alternates in November time window between 425 cbs, Sunday night, and Monday night.  2022 I see it a 425 featured game in November ..likely only game on.

I see Packers ( with Rodgers) at Bills being FOX World Series game.

Bills-Pats, PATs-Fins on national tv. A Jets game on Thursday within division early in the season

16 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Intitial early thoughts:

- Very favorable home schedule, no excuse for this team not go 7-1 or 8-0 at home next year to try and secure home field advantage in playoffs

- Road schedule brutal on paper with toughest games being BAL/NE/CIN/LAR/KC. At minimum bills will need to win two of those games to be in homefield race against KC and others assuming they are good at home.

- I see many primetime game candidates (CLE/TEN/NE x 2/BAL/CIN/LAR/KC, possibly even thanksgiving again in Detroit).

39 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Like Tua, Mac Jones and Matt Ryan?

You mean mac Jones THE ROOKIE? 😉 

Buffalo went

4-2 against Rookies

5-0 against 2nd/3rd/4th String Starters

3-5 against Veteran Starters

Blue Print was usually the same.

- Jump to early lead.

- Force inexperienced QB to throw

- Tee off on Inexperienced QB

- Run up score in 4th Quarter

- Build large point differential stats and #1 Defense Stats

BUT

When the opponent had a QB with experience that could actually answer Buffalos early charge…or beat them to the initial punch…whole different ball game.

and I think in 2022…you will have more opponent QBs who actually have their **** together who aren’t rookies and 3rd stringers.

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar

6 hours ago, eball said:

Some big time, prime time matchups on that schedule:

Bills @ Bengals

Bills @ Chiefs

Bills @ Rams

Bills @ Ravens

Titans @ Bills

Packers @ Bills

Browns @ Bills

I envision five prime time games when the schedule comes out.

For me, travel to Baltimore and LA are almost a certainty.

See you in Los Angeles!

9 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

I get that Belichick (maybe Reid too now?) has put unrealistic demands on all other teams in the league, but come on man.

There is only one coach (Coughlin) besides Belichick that has won more than one Super Bowl in the last 20 years.

13 other coaches that succeed throughout the year exit the playoffs too without a win. It sucks and the ultimate goal is of course a super bowl but McDermott and company give us the best chance to do that outside of who? Belichick? 

Belichick is overrated. I in no way was trying to swing this conversation to a guy that has a career coaching record of 71-78 without Brady

14 hours ago, CSBill said:

So you're really excited about next season?

It's gonna be the same thing over and over again. I love the Bills but I'm not getting my hopes up anymore. All I'm expecting at this point is that at this exact same time next year, we'll be talking about the 2023 offseason. Allen is gonna be Dan Marino. An all time great that sets a bunch of passing records and gets to the HOF but will never win a Super Bowl through no fault of his own

Edited by Buffalo03

At first glance, schedule doesn't look bad.

NFC North is terrible, and if Rodgers leaves GB they will be lucky to win 5 games. If I need my taxes done or need to renegotiate an employment contract I'll call Kirk Cousins, otherwise Vikings are mediocre to bad. The Lions and Bears are both LOL

AFC North is a bit tougher, though, but we should continue to own the AFC East, which gets you in the tournament no matter what. 

23 hours ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

No.  😂.

but barring injuries…the Era of McDermott and his Defense getting fat off Rookie and 3rd String QBs Is over.  Which I believe McDermott was 9-2 against Rookies/Back-Ups in 2021.

Going to have to put in the time and effort it appears in 2022.

This is rich.  Remember way back to, I don't know, 2020?  Extremely tough schedule, playing NFC West and AFC West.  Played Mahones (L), Goff (W), Wilson (W), Murray (L), Carr (W), Herbert (W), Jackson (W), Rivers (W), Tannehill (L) and Roethlisberger (W).  Record 15 - 4.  This "beating up on rookies and third-stringers" is a false narrative.

On 1/26/2022 at 8:24 PM, HOUSE said:

This was posted at the end of the season.  You can see who they play in the future at this link:   https://fbschedules.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/

There are slots that are filled at seasons end. 

Edited by Nitro

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.