Haack Likely 1 and Done in Buffalo

BuffaloBillyG

37 minutes ago, Special K said:

They can grab one in the sixth or seventh round of the draft.

This is my preference. You usually aren’t getting an impact player at that point. Might as well grab a punter. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Booming LEFT FOOTED punter...he's on Beane's board for sure.

Never heard of this guy. Just looked it up and it looks like he’s actually a decent place kicker too?! Sign me up. Not looking to replace Bass. But what an asset to know your covered if your kicker goes down. 

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Big whiff by Beane.  He’s going to have meaningful dead money next year if they release him. (About $1m, IIRC.). It’s not huge money, but every penny counts when we’re against the cap.  Probably looking at a minimum wage punter next year.  

The more I think about this, the more aggravating it gets.  What did they expect in hiring a hangtime/positional punter?  It’s windy here.  This isn’t Miami or Phoenix.  The weather this year was horrible, and we got what we deserved.  What a surprise.  

My guess is that Beane did due diligence by watching Haack punt in unfriendlier climes and thought he could do the job.

But, he couldn't.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

I'd put a 4th rounder on this guy. He's a freak. 

If this guy is as good as people think he is, I think he'll be gone before the end of the 4th round.  Consider yourself lucky if he's still there at the end of the 3rd.  Ray Guy (& Erkslaben (sp?)) were both 1st rounders.

42 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

I'd put a 4th rounder on this guy. He's a freak. 

If this guy is as good as people think he is, I think he'll be gone before the end of the 4th round.  Consider yourself lucky if he's still there at the end of the 3rd.  Ray Guy (& Erkslaben (sp?)) were both 1st rounders.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Big whiff by Beane.  He’s going to have meaningful dead money next year if they release him. (About $1m, IIRC.). It’s not huge money, but every penny counts when we’re against the cap.  Probably looking at a minimum wage punter next year.  

The more I think about this, the more aggravating it gets.  What did they expect in hiring a hangtime/positional punter?  It’s windy here.  This isn’t Miami or Phoenix.  The weather this year was horrible, and we got what we deserved.  What a surprise.  

$700K.

We'll know by 4/18, as $1M from his 2022 salary guarantees on that date.

Wouldn't call it a big whiff myself. But could have been better.

Edited by Thurman#1

8 minutes ago, eSJayDee said:

If the offseason is decent enough, I would not mind packaging up a 3rd and 5th or whatever the breakdown would be to get back into the 2nd to take this guy

5 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

If the offseason is decent enough, I would not mind packaging up a 3rd and 5th or whatever the breakdown would be to get back into the 2nd to take this guy

A punter in the 2nd with our offense…. Ehhhhhh

1 hour ago, Special K said:

They can grab one in the sixth or seventh round of the draft.

I’m pretty sure we have an extra pick in both of those rounds too - one for that pass rusher we sent to Carolina and the other for Lee smith. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

If Leslie Frazier gets a HC job, we get an extra 3rd this year and next, right? You could use the extra 3rd on him just to be sure and you haven't really lost much. Or, take a risk and trade down into the 4th.

If frazier gets hired we have 10 draft picks. No way are 10 rookies making this team. They will just get raided off the PS again. Beane will package up those puppies and move up in the draft or trade for players. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.