Are we over-reacting to the 13 seconds?

cv05

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

I think LA would have been a challenge. Their DL against the Bills OL. Their offense against the Bills defense. I am not saying the Bills couldn't win but it would have been a tough game. If it was SF in the Super Bowl then I definitely think the Bills win but we will never know.

Indeed but i think the Chiefs were the hardest matchup for us bc they know the Bills so well. I would've been more confident playing the Rams. Stafford is no Mahomes. 

9 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Indeed but i think the Chiefs were the hardest matchup for us bc they know the Bills so well. I would've been more confident playing the Rams. Stafford is no Mahomes. 

But Donald and Miller on defense are way better than what the Chiefs have. While Stafford is no Mahomes he is good enough and the Rams have a lot of weapons on offense. It would have been a good game with the crowd probably 75-80% Bills fans.

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I know but not because of Allen. We lost that game thinking we have the best QB in the NFL. That means we're going to be back. 

There are no guarantees. I am sure Dolphins fans thought they were going back with Marino and we saw how that played out. I do think the Bills will eventually get to and win a Super Bowl with Allen but me saying that means nothing. Hopefully next year is our year.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Greg S said:

There are no guarantees. I am sure Dolphins fans thought they were going back with Marino and we saw how that played out. I do think the Bills will eventually get to and win a Super Bowl with Allen but me saying that means nothing. Hopefully next year is our year.

Back to the playoffs.  Even this year there was no guarantee we beat Cincinnati. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Back to the playoffs.  Even this year there was no guarantee we beat Cincinnati. 

That would have been a tough game as well. The Bengals offense probably would have scored a lot. I just think Allen at home would have led the Bills to a high scoring win over them.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Success said:

Ask me on Sunday night.

if Cincy beats the Rams, it wouldn't mean that the Bills would've done it also.  just like how Cincy was able to figure out a coverage to slow down the Chiefs and we didn't.  i tend to think the Rams will spank the Bengals, but IF the upset happens, we can't draw conclusions from it, and it wouldn't make 13 seconds any worse.  it's bad enough already.

Watched an Emmanuel Sanders interview on Cowherd's show today.  With 13 seconds to go, the offensive guys thought it was won.  He said after the game, he was sitting in the lockerrom in a circle with Allen, Diggs and Gabe Davis.  They were just staring off into space, in silence.  No one could speak. They wanted someone to wake them from the nightmare they were experiencing.  Couldn't believe it was real.  If he does play anymore,  he said he'd like to play for Buffalo but is still trying to decide on his future.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

But Donald and Miller on defense are way better than what the Chiefs have. While Stafford is no Mahomes he is good enough and the Rams have a lot of weapons on offense. It would have been a good game with the crowd probably 75-80% Bills fans.

Bills put 35 on that Rams defense last year (minus Von Miller) and absolutely torched the 2nd ranked defense in the NFL in the 1st round. I think Josh would've torched them, but I guess we'll never know because of 13 seconds.

Just now, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Bills put 35 on that Rams defense last year (minus Von Miller) and absolutely torched the 2nd ranked defense in the NFL in the 1st round. I think Josh would've torched them, but I guess we'll never know because of 13 seconds.

For me, its hard to predict sometimes when there is a two week preparation win dow for the game as we have with Super Bowl. However I do think we have a great chance to beat LA Rams if we were the ones playing in Super Bowl. I will be rooting for Cincinnati Bengals to win but I think they're going to lose. I don't think their Line is going to hold up and I also think that they will have trouble stopping Odell Beckham Jr. and Cooper Cupp. Those two WR are tailor made for Matt Stafford style of play.

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

For me, its hard to predict sometimes when there is a two week preparation win dow for the game as we have with Super Bowl. However I do think we have a great chance to beat LA Rams if we were the ones playing in Super Bowl. I will be rooting for Cincinnati Bengals to win but I think they're going to lose. I don't think their Line is going to hold up and I also think that they will have trouble stopping Odell Beckham Jr. and Cooper Cupp. Those two WR are tailor made for Matt Stafford style of play.

Wasn't Burrow sacked around 10 times by the Titans. To me how the Bengals OL holds up will tell if this is a close game or a blowout.  I am also rooting for the Bengals but I do think the Rams will win. 

47 minutes ago, harryS said:

if Cincy beats the Rams, it wouldn't mean that the Bills would've done it also.  just like how Cincy was able to figure out a coverage to slow down the Chiefs and we didn't.  i tend to think the Rams will spank the Bengals, but IF the upset happens, we can't draw conclusions from it, and it wouldn't make 13 seconds any worse.  it's bad enough already.

I agree - every game is match-ups, and the way we match up to the Rams could be completely different.

But if the Rams D-line dictates the game like I think they will, I might feel a little better.  I don't think we would have matched up well against that, or against the Rams WR's.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.