Beane anticipates Cole Beasley being back next season

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Actually watching Beane, it sounded like BS. 

My impression based on his response is that Cole won't be a Bill.

He might be back, he might be gone, but don't think that anything Beane said today has anything to do with it! 

They will do what they will do.

Stay tuned.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Hopefully not at that cap figure, especially with a younger slot WR in Crowder as a UFA.  

Crowder was hurt a lot last year but he gave us fits when we played the Jets...had some really big games against us in his career.

Edited by Big Turk

2 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Hopefully not at that cap figure, especially with a younger slot WR in Crowder as a UFA.  

Or Sign an Allen Robinson type (friendly contract incentives based) 3WRs/4WRs would be Robinson, Davis and Diggs/Beasley in the slot.

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, ArtVandalay said:

Better be a restructure then.  I love Beasley but unless he was playing injured he's lost too much athleticism. Yards after catch really really lacked.

He job is catch the ball underneath. Which he does

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

He job is catch the ball underneath. Which he does

This is true but consider this... he repeated the same 82 catches as last year but instead had 693 years compared to 967 the year prior, he was down to 8.5 YPC the lowest of his career. He is still sure handed with a 73% catch rate, but he had 0 broken tackles this year. 

Like I said, I love the guy, but at 32 years old this year and going to be 33 next year, I don't see him getting any more spry unless he was playing injured which is a possibility.  I actually think Diggs was playing hurt this year but that's a different topic. 

I like him, but his age and athletic slide is real. His contract isn't bad but I think if he's back it is on a restructure because we can save a lot of money moving on and we have no cap space. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.