Are we overplaying this team's chances had we won?

Success

31 minutes ago, WNYFAN1 said:

So he did make a massive improvement over these two postseason games relative to last season, but the regular season was a statistical step back

2020 - 4,544 yrds, 7.9avg, 69.2% completion, 37 td, 10 int, 76.6 QBR, 107.2 RT

2021- 4,407 yrds, 6.8avg, 63.3% completion, 36 td, 15 int, 60.6 QBR, 92.2 RT

Still great numbers, but it's definitely a regression relative to the 2020 regular season.

Good point. That's an area of improvement for Allen then. 

Let's get the #1 seed and an MVP.

I think people are overstating the fact it was a slam dunk win AFC crown and SB. I think it was a tremendous opportunity that was wasted as the best team left in my eyes was KC and whoever won should be the SB favorite. But with that said the Rams are a very very good team that has been to a SB recently with a great coach, ditto the 49ers who are weaker at QB but otherwise similar to Rams so the SB would've been a very hard game even if you like Buffalo. Cincy had a tough task but they have a superb QB and offense that easily could make a game of it with an opportunistic defense that has a good pass rush.

SO yea its hard to watch because it should've been us and the opportunity was there. But it was not the slam dunk as many seem to keep saying. The Bills 100% should've won SB25 and prior to the game they were heavy favorites. Well we lost and it happens a ton that the better team falls so I do not say anything is a certainty until it happens.

• Agree 1

I honestly believe we would have killed the Bengals.  Their defense would have been completely defenseless against our offensive weapons.  Burrow would need to play a perfect game and I don't see that happening yet on that stage in our stadium.  

Super Bowl vs. the Rams is probably a toss-up.  I'd almost think we'd be a slight dog in that game since I like the Rams d-line against our o-line.  But we would definitely have a legit shot to walk away with the Lombardi.  This isn't the '17 or '19 Bills who really didn't have a shot to win big.  

43 minutes ago, corta765 said:

I think people are overstating the fact it was a slam dunk win AFC crown and SB. I think it was a tremendous opportunity that was wasted as the best team left in my eyes was KC and whoever won should be the SB favorite. But with that said the Rams are a very very good team that has been to a SB recently with a great coach, ditto the 49ers who are weaker at QB but otherwise similar to Rams so the SB would've been a very hard game even if you like Buffalo. Cincy had a tough task but they have a superb QB and offense that easily could make a game of it with an opportunistic defense that has a good pass rush.

SO yea its hard to watch because it should've been us and the opportunity was there. But it was not the slam dunk as many seem to keep saying. The Bills 100% should've won SB25 and prior to the game they were heavy favorites. Well we lost and it happens a ton that the better team falls so I do not say anything is a certainty until it happens.

That's a good sum-up.  It definitely was a great opportunity.

I guess my hope is that when we look back in a few years, hopefully w/ at least one Lombardi, we'll look back and have a different take on it.  In the Jordan doc, he looked back on the losses to the Pistons like, "that had to happen so that we could win as many as we did" (paraphrasing).

Maybe that's too much of a hope.  But I tend to think there is a reason for everything.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.