Cleansing my soul, then I will let it go

Stroke 17

13 seconds, 13 friggin seconds, THIRTEEN! 

After the gut punch on Sunday night, Monday was like losing a favorite pet, not like losing a family member but it hurt(s) like he**. 

True story, Monday evening headed off to Bowling,( dreading every minute as there are no Bills fans but me and I know whats coming)  As I pulled up to the red light at the end of my street I looked at the timer that counts down the time one has to cross, No kidding it was 13. 13 seconds. Was it a sign, was it a shot at me from all those sport franchises that had finally overcome their past and won a Championship or was it just a reminder that I am a Bills fan and this is what I signed up for 60 years ago.

Trying to kep this short but I need this. I have been to every home game except 2 since 1974 ( about 500) On Sunday  after the Bills took the lead with 13 seconds left I turned to my wife and said ,"if we were at the Stadium and the opposing team just scored with 13 seconds left what would we be doing. Her reply, " you would be swearing, telling me grab our stuff and lets get the he** out of here. I said "exactly", but why do I feel like there is a chance for the Bills to lose, especially with lucky  friggin 13 on the clock.  God help us!

Back to the red light, as I watched the time tick down to zero I thought about a scenario wheer if there was a guy crossing the street and I kinew that if he got to the other side thousands and thousands of his friends and family would suffer some kind of heartache.  I thought, if I had to prevent him from getting to the other side in those 13 seconds what could I do.   I could hit him with my car but that would be a problem for me OR I could get out of my car and jump in front of him and block him from getting there. If I got there and slowed him down enough and then the clock stopped at 8 seconds and he again tried to get past me again I would get in front of him, stay in front of him, push him, hold him, try to stop him from reaching the other side in those final 8 seconds. If he beat me there, at least I tried, if I did nothing I would not be able to look at his family because I let it happen, I knew the outcome and I stood by and watched him stroll right on by knowing that if he got there thousands would be hurting.

So I wonder as I have in a previous post, How did a defensive minded head coach, a highly regarded defensive co-ordinator, ( who interviewed for a head job because of his success) linebacker coaches, defensive back coaches, scout team coaches, even offensive coaches that know the plan to beat a team in this situation, other supposed professional people surrounding all of these people on the sideline, people who's job it is to come through at this precise moment be so incompetent.?  I hear every year how coaches sleep in their offices, work 20 hours a day, film study, no family time, all football all the time, long meetings with all the assistants, call to other coache for help to beat an upcoming opponent but yet when push comes to shove they are no different than a casual fan.  Those of us that have been watching this game for 50 years, drunk fans watching from bars or at home, fans in the stands knew what needed done, especially after the first play. A STOP!  Call a timeout to come up with.......nothing to stop the guy from crossing the road!

I could go on but I'm tired, I still hurt, I don't understand and I am pi**ed off. I should be with all of you on Sunday. I should be with my wife, 3 daughters and my grandson at the stadium on Sunday. I thought I was finally going to have them experience what it was like in the early nineties, the feeling of a Championship game in Buffalo, the excitement, the crowd, the noise with the greatest fans of all. Instead they get all they have ever got more disappointment.  When and if it finally happens I hope my kids and grandkids aren"t raising a glass to my wife and I having a toast to mom and because the Bills finally won. I want to share that with them. 13 SECONDS,13 FREAKIN SECONDS

They're killin me Whitey, They're killin me!  GO BILL!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The phrase "13 effing seconds" is a phrase that will live in infamy.

I will never forgive Daboll for those 3 straight runs at mid field.

Two starting defensive backs for the Chiefs were not on the field and he stubbornly keeps running the ball. Why??

That pig headed moron cost that game for us. Pray to God him and the other moron Frazier gets a job somewhere else. Good riddance.

Edited by Joe Ferguson
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Amen.

Not sure if I’ll ever completely get over not squibbing, rushing 4 and playing prevent (with 4 rushing).  Actually, I’m sure.  I won’t.

Just take solace in the fact that 17 might be the best player on the planet and he’s ours. All ours.  He doesn’t Sound like Kermit, have a wife more annoying than nails on a chalkboard, a brother that could die and no one would be upset and runs like a squatty lil biotch. Ain’t nothing to dislike about 17. Not.  One.  Thing. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, popcornpam said:

This is McDermott‘s body of work, How many times has this happened at the end of close games? I was there for the Houston game when he let it happen. Remember the Arizona game? 
Is he a slow learner or is he set in his ways? His seat should be 🔥 

Not sure why you blame him for that Cards game. Defense was in place perfectly and Hopkins just timed it perfectly and out jumped both Bills players for the catch. Just one of those flukes that happen. McD was fine

59 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson said:

Two starting defensive backs for the Chiefs were not on the field and he stubbornly keeps running the ball. Why??

That pig headed moron cost that game for us. Pray to God him and the other moron Frazier gets a job somewhere else. Good riddance.

I only watch games with my wife and?or my kids because I need to focus. I can't be around anybody that is not rooting for the Bills. 

After the D held and Chiefs punted and the Bills had field position around midfield and Daball called those 3 runs you note I said to her, that series will cost us this friggin because now we are punting it back and they are about to open it up. They did, they scored, we all saw it coming except those that needed to see it most.

41 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

" I could hit him with my car but that would be a problem for me"

Um, I think that would be a problem for him too.

Great comeback. Gives me some humor on this day.

42 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

You can't let it go, get a tattoo. Never Go Bowling

House you are one of the best. Always keeping em honest.

30 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Not sure why you blame him for that Cards game. Defense was in place perfectly and Hopkins just timed it perfectly and out jumped both Bills players for the catch. Just one of those flukes that happen. McD was fine

I watched the game and Fraizer had the players lined up for a blitz and McDermott took a time out and he moved the players back. He seems to put them in a passive defensive scheme just like he did Sunday. What is our record against one score games?

1 hour ago, Ramza86 said:

13 seconds.....will never be forgotten. 

10 years from now...we will still say....wtf was that defense? why couldnt we just do it right and win?

If we win the SB next year, no one will care anymore. 

But that is a monster IF, and a whole year away, which is why it sucks so bad right now. 

We had a golden opportunity and blew it.

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 1

I’m sick to my stomach still. Probably won’t watch another minute of football this year. Everything was lined up and you just couldn’t blow three straight plays. It’s a joke how open Kelce was and that’s after taking a timeout. Complete failure by the coaching staff.

What really is bothering me is how Allen and Gabe Davis were robbed of what should have been incredible career defining moments ending in a win. Now that’s all tainted in my opinion. I’m confident most of the posters on this board would have been able to get them home with a win in those 13 seconds. It’s beyond my capabilities to comprehend how our real NFL coaching staff could not.

3 minutes ago, popcornpam said:

I watched the game and Fraizer had the players lined up for a blitz and McDermott took a time out and he moved the players back. He seems to put them in a passive defensive scheme just like he did Sunday. What is our record against one score games?

Of course he moved the players back...it was an obvious hail mary situation. And our DB's were in perfect position and even double covered Hopkins. Hopkins just timed it better and out jumped Bills safety and CB. 

Every team drops back in a hail mary play.

1 hour ago, Ramza86 said:

13 seconds.....will never be forgotten. 

10 years from now...we will still say....wtf was that defense? why couldnt we just do it right and win?

It will be discussed thirty years from now and beyond.

"Wide Right" is now 31 years old and it still feels like yesterday.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson said:

That happened twice Sunday and I was screaming at the TV (and people at my place) as to how stupid those calls were.  Both times the Bills had gotten 6-8 yards on 1st down & and each time stubbornly ran the ball and did not convert). 

But these are the little things I thought I'd be complaining about if there was a loss.  KC could argue that Reid got cute on their 3rd & 1 at the 11, lining up a TE at QB.

13 F'ing second brain fart......

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.