Ken Dorsey - would he choose OC here or leave to be Daboll's OC?

Heavy Kevi

On 1/30/2022 at 9:03 AM, BuffaloFan68 said:

I haven’t heard about us interviewing anyone for the OC position so I’m waiting to hear we’re promoting Dorsey to OC then I hope we officially hire Jordan Palmer as the QB coach. I figure this would be a perfect case for Josh. 
Let’s Go Buffalo!!!!!

That would very cool. But JP lives in the Dana Point area of CA. Just north of SD. He’s created himself a swell business as a QB guru.
Combine climate and the insane workload of NFL coaching I don’t see it happening. But if it did I would also be pumped. 

On 1/30/2022 at 9:24 AM, HamptonBillsfan said:

And then was fired shortly after for running that franchise into the ground and alienating the fanbase because he thought he invented modern offensive football strategy. By the way, why hasn't Doug gotten a sniff of OC or HC jobs since being fired? Could be his head is to big for the room.

From what I have heard DP took the fall for the disfunction of the Eagles front office. He could have handled it better certainly, but he’s a knowledgeable offensive mind with a decent amount of success. I think he could do a great deal with a talent like JA.
Think he’s a potential candidate for the Jags if the Leftwich deal goes sour. He’s asking for GM to fired and bringing his own guy in. If not he’s not taking the gig. 

13 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

One thing that stands out for me at least as somewhat of a red flag on Dorsey.

If he's such a hot name "rising star"...why are the only 2 teams mentioned for his services the Bills (who he is with now) and the Giants (who are where his old boss ended up)? I would figure with the, what 9 teams looking for HCs and new staff if he was such a hot commodity he would be mentioned more.

Not saying he would be bad at the job. But it"s definitely something that would be a pause for concearn for me.

He worked with DaBoll. All the other OC candidates are likely linked to other teams for the same reason. I would have zero concerns about his ability to call plays. JA is more knowledgeable now and can help that transition significantly. 

15 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

One thing that stands out for me at least as somewhat of a red flag on Dorsey.

If he's such a hot name "rising star"...why are the only 2 teams mentioned for his services the Bills (who he is with now) and the Giants (who are where his old boss ended up)? I would figure with the, what 9 teams looking for HCs and new staff if he was such a hot commodity he would be mentioned more.

Not saying he would be bad at the job. But it"s definitely something that would be a pause for concearn for me.

Backchannels.

He has most likely let it be known he isn’t interested in any other job to whom ever tries to court him.  

Jim Harbaugh should have his name attached to more openings.  He doesn’t because he’s let it be known what team(s) he’d coach for.  He most likely chose the team(s) he is willing to leave the college ranks for and initiated contact with them.  My guess is he wants the Vikings job and is using the ‘phins to help close that deal.

• 2 months later...
On 1/29/2022 at 12:16 AM, tyknitty said:

Just to be factual, Jason Garrett bought the entire Giants operation down with his prehistoric offense.  We've seen teams overcome a bad Oline like the Giants have but we've never seen a team overcome a bad oline and a scheme that wasn't NFL ready.  John Mara hired JG, not Judge. Judge wanted him gone, a lot of Giants fans feel like Garrett's offense is the Real reason behind Jones, Barkley, Golladays play and is the indirect reason Gettleman and Judge got fired.  This is why there's still belief around the league and in the building [Schoen, Daboll, Mara, Judge before he left] that Jones can be legit.  I stopped in to see what you guys had to say about Dorsey and I had to reply to this comment about the offensive mind of Jason Garrett.  This is why a lot of Giants fans like myself think the most important hire for us is the OC lol.  BTW McDermott blew that game with that brain dead decision to kick the ball in the endzone!  Robbed you guys of a SB victory I think.  Whoever won that game was gonna win the SB in my opinion.  

I would have kicked it deep too with 13 seconds left  your defense should be able to hold up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.