Ken Dorsey - would he choose OC here or leave to be Daboll's OC?

Heavy Kevi

14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Interesting!  So they HAVE to interview outside the building for coordinators now too!

Doesn't that cast some shade on the tweet that made it look as though the Giants offered Dorsey the job and it was all done but the i dotting and t crossing?

They may have already fulfilled the rule with all their interviews but not sure 

If getting a head coaching gig is in Dorsey’s mind it’s a really tough call.  Stick here and anything below what Daboll accomplished is a failure.  However, you have the QB.

Follow Daboll and you can vastly improve that offense as they have some good pieces in place.  However, qb is uncertain and you may just be looked at as a product of Daboll.  Good luck to him.

1 hour ago, Best Williams Available said:

If Dorsey’s the guy to elevate Jones, says Daboll, maybe Brian knows that he himself got too much credit for Josh? Makes me think Daboll didn’t actually develop him at all and it was all Dorsey. He knows this and for him to succeed at HC he needs Dors to get the most out of Jones. 

reading a whole lot into a random tweet, sir

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

reading a whole lot into a random tweet, sir

Yeah OC's who get HC jobs often just like to hire guys who will run their offense like they want.

Not sure about Daboll's contacts but since it had been a good while since Daboll had been an NFL OC prior to getting the Bills job.........Dorsey might be the only guy who he feels comfortable handing the keys to right now.

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah OC's who get HC jobs often just like to hire guys who will run their offense like they want.

Not sure about Daboll's contacts but since it had been a good while since Daboll had been an NFL OC prior to getting the Bills job.........Dorsey might be the only guy who he feels comfortable handing the keys to right now.

it could be a good safety net for both parties. Daboll could sometimes take his eyes off the offense to build the full program and Dorsey would have a mentor to guide him through the learning curve of managing the whole unit (both players and position coaches, and quality control guys) plus play calling potentially etc… 

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They may have already fulfilled the rule with all their interviews but not sure 

So this is actually interesting.  The other 3 interviews reported here are all of DC's. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-head-coach-and-gm-interview-tracker-giants-hire-former-bills-oc-brian-daboll/

It may be incomplete though, as Flores is not listed.  And as Sal points out:

Personally, if I were being interviewed for an OC or DC position before the head coach was hired, I would have one thing to say:

image.thumb.png.bf436fd00b0ab321bdfb320574b6011c.png

Because as already noted, each coach has his staff (or several alternatives for his staff) lined up

So whether or not it's a legit interview for which you're gonna be seriously considered, depends entirely upon who gets the HC gig

17 minutes ago, Malazan said:

I don't know if it actually means anything, but.

https://bufbills.com/player-bios/rob_boras.pdf

IkpNrcn.png

Oh God No FML shoot me now No No No NO!

FML FML FLM FML 🤢🤢🤮

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.