Ken Dorsey - would he choose OC here or leave to be Daboll's OC?

Heavy Kevi

It's clear everyone expects Daboll to get a HC job this year, including Josh who's publicly stated he expects Daboll to go. It's also widely believed that Josh wants Dorsey as OC, and McD said Josh's input is important to him.

What do you think Dorsey would do given both options, to stay and OC a proven star on a SB caliber team in Josh/Bills, or does he take OC is NY (or wherever) with Daboll and potentially Trubisky?

Does he stay or does he go?

• Like (+1) 1

I don't know much about Dorsey personally, but staying in Buffalo objectively seems like the much better choice.  You have a winning team with strong offensive personnel and a HOF-caliber QB already in place.  The Giants (or Bears, or wherever Daboll might end up) could turn out to be total s*&t show ending up with everyone getting fired.  Doing a good job with the Bills (which would almost seem inevitable) would lead to HC opportunities in the future.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

I don’t know why he’d leave to go to the NYG if he was offered the OC job here. 

He’d definitely be the one calling plays here, and he’d get to work with one of the top 3-5 QBs in the NFL (I’d put Josh top 2 after his playoff performance this season) who he already has a great relationship with. QBs like Allen make OCs careers.

If he was offered the OC job in Buffalo and chose the NYG anyway, I’d be pretty concerned as to why.

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

My gut says he’d rather stay with a quarterback who would make him look good (Allen), rather than a reclamation project in Jones or some rookie. Then again, he may be eager to make his own mark by developing a quarterback of his own. 

I guess you could say filling in as Bills oc could be the best or worst job to take. 

On one hand you have Josh allen and diggs to call plays to. On the other hand anything less than afc championship game will be a let down, not much of a learning curve for a new oc.

Professionally it would be silly. Why would you want your first stop as an OC to be at an org tied to an arrow pointing downward like NYG? The real question becomes, what if some of the Chicago rumors are true re: Dungy and Frazier. If they make that hire before Daboll to NYG or MIA, then I think in that situation you run the risk of losing both. 

Daboll and Dorsey had no relation prior to the Bills. 

He has a prior relationship with McDermott.

He has an established QB in Buffalo that's likely a ticket to his own HC job. 

So does anyone know something that would indicate it's more likely he leaves with Daboll? 

This sounds like hysteria. 

Edited by Malazan

“Every quarterback would love to be a part of the process.  There’s a guy in this building that I’m a huge advocate for.  Again, it’s not my job. It’s not my decision to make.” - Josh Allen

My hunch is if Daboll leaves Dorsey will be the new OC - just a hunch.

I know his alma mater The U reportedly has a salary of over $1.5M per year on the table in search for their next OC.   Daboll was one of the highest paid OC's in the league in Buffalo at I believe around $2M.    So I think Dorsey might have a decision to make between college and the NFL as well.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.