Bengals getting revenge for us

Steptide

7 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

The more I think about things I'm not sure that's going to be the case.

Tenn was a good team and sacked Burrow 9 times and still lost. That's not going to happen again this week against the Chiefs (Burrow taking that many sacks).

And as great as Davis was against the Chiefs, Chase might be the best WR in the league after Hill which says a lot for a rookie. They are going to have to double and triple cover him which opens up all the other weapons the Bengals have similar to why Davis had a monster game.

The biggest factor though is where the Chiefs are emotionally and mentally after playing what might have been their SB against the Bills. If they struggle early and the Bengals can jump up on them by 14 points or more I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals are SB bound.

But Mahomes isnt throwing 3 HORRIBLE picks like Tannehill either. The Titan's subpar QBing is what did them in. That isnt happening Sunday.

Not that I'll know, cause I aint watching any of this garbage until next season.

43 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s kind of a tom Brady clone on his personality. He’s very confident in himself and extremely competitive and that will rub some people the wrong way, but he’s not a jerk like Rodgers and backs it up unlike mayfield. 

Burrow has a really sarcastic sense of humor, and some of that boasting that rubs people the wrong way is done tongue in cheek. 

14 minutes ago, Jester said:

I kinda want Chiefs to win so the Rams can blow them up in the Superbowl.  I've always been a Stafford fan and I would love for Darnold and Miller to get after Mahomes.  I know he's a great QB but he bugs me.  LOL

If that scenario plays out and Mahomes is dominated in the SB again by an opposing teams pass rush you really have to wonder what it's going to take for Beane to finally understand you have to make a true power move (like the Rams did for Miller) instead of relying on draft picks.

I mentioned something similar in another thread, but why hold onto the #25 overall pick to draft a guy that probably won't help right away especially if it's another DT or DE. Use that in a package to get a proven veteran who can have an impact from day one.

Moral of the story, it's time for Beane to find his Diggs of the defense and not overvalue draft picks especially considering how bad most of them have been on the defensive side of the ball anyway during his time here.

• Like (+1) 1

I keep seeing people think that the game won't be close. 

We're not the same ol' Bills - and the Bengals aren't the same ol' Bengals. That team is legit, and Burrow is as good as anyone not named Allen or Mahomes.

I mean, they JUST beat the Chiefs, in early January.

I'd pick KC, but I could easily see a shootout/who has the ball last kind of game, like ours.

9 hours ago, Greg S said:

Disagree. Josh showed the entire football world how great he is. I think if anything it will McDermott getting criticized and being called out as not being as good a HC as Reid and Taylor.

You must watch more logical commentators than I do. 

My order of who I want to win goes like this:

49ers - Man it would really piss Brady off that his former replacement is now on his favorite childhood team and won. Maybe he’d retire? Idk. Nobody on the team I hate, so there we go. 

Bengals - Cinci is another downtrodden franchise that may have finally found some answers. Burrow has had some of the most incredible football over the past 3 years, and Chase is an absolute monster. They helped us break the playoff drought, but you don’t really want to build up another monster team too much - they may have to be taken down next year. That being said, go for it.

Rams - McVay may finally have mortgaged enough of their future to build a winner. Stafford winning one would honestly be really cool after suffering in Detroit for so long. That being said Jalen Ramsey would get a ring, and that’s just a shame. Still, good on them. They have some amazing players and they would pose a tough out for any team.

KC - look, I don’t hate Mahomes. He plays with a chip on his shoulder like Josh does, and he’s definitely talented. Kelce is one of the best TE’s ever. Tyreek helped me win 2 fantasy leagues this year so that’s lovely, even if he’s a garbage person.

…but after Andy Reid’s kid last year, the games we have played against them, Mahomes insufferable baby mama, and his absolute doofus brother, not to mention the chiefs fans who (while not all of them) say some tremendously awful things online… screw em. I hope they get humiliated and just fall flat. 

12 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Depends how their line holds up…. KC secondary is going to get torched again by those Bengals wide outs if they give Burrow time. Wouldn’t be surprised by another back and forth game, but man, that Cincy line is bad.

So you’re saying the Chiefs are on “Burrowed Time”?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.