Bengals getting revenge for us

Steptide

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I agree - Cincy reminds me a bit of last year’s Bills. Their offense was unstoppable toward the end of the reg season but kind of squeaked by the first two playoff games and their OL is a disaster. Week 21 and get still have miscommunication issues, and Burrow also taking bad sacks as a result of waiting too long on plays to develop. That’s going to really make the difference in arrowhead. 

Yep I think the Bengals are a good team but they are still a year away from jumping into that legitimate Super Bowl contender status.  There's a lot of parallels to where we were last year.  Will make things even more competitive for our quest to get back to the Super Bowl next year.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Ya that's one of things that frustrates me. I feel like it's gonna be kc and rams in the superbowl and the rams are gonna pressure the bleep out of Mahomes and frustrate him. It's what I wanted the bills to do (at least partially) but for whatever reason the bills won't blitz Mahomes 

It comes down to 2 things. 

1) Mahomes is very good against the Blitz, both scrambling and throwing

2) Team speed. The Bills don't have the speed to match Hill, Hardman and Kelcie consistently 

Part of me thinks that if Gabe Davis was able to carve up the Chiefs secondary so will J'Mar Chase and company.  It's possible that KC, coming off an emotional high will not play at the level we saw last Sunday night.  That's probably the only chance Cincinnati has.  I would have had the same concerns about the Bills had they held on for 13 freakin' seconds.

19 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Cincy winning will mean having to hear every Sunday next year about Josh is behind Mahomes and Burrows.  I can’t take that 

Disagree. Josh showed the entire football world how great he is. I think if anything it will McDermott getting criticized and being called out as not being as good a HC as Reid and Taylor.

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, timekills17 said:

I...don't really want Cinci to beat KC.

There. I said it.

I want KC to be afraid of one team, and one team only. The Bills.

I'm torn, KC is on the trajectory of the Pats so there's a growing hatred there but is it weird that I dont want cincy out of jealousy? 

• Agree 1

We need to be the team to beat the 2 time Super Bowl Champs, Kansas City Chiefs. Yes, they will win it all this year. Tom Brady is gone and whoever emerges from the NFC will not be great AND experienced enough to beat them.

Cincy is too young and lacks experience to overcome Mahomes Magic. Joe Burrow is ok, but he's not elite right now. He's gonna get sacked a lot. Their best receiver, WR Ja'marr Chase, is a rookie. The Bengals will lose at the AFC title game. I'm 99% sure of this.

51 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Ya that's one of things that frustrates me. I feel like it's gonna be kc and rams in the superbowl and the rams are gonna pressure the bleep out of Mahomes and frustrate him. It's what I wanted the bills to do (at least partially) but for whatever reason the bills won't blitz Mahomes 

Because he kills the blitz. I know Tampa blitzed him, but that game last year was against such a ragged Chiefs oline you can throw it out IMO. Generally the teams that have success get to him but they get there with 4. It isn't only the Bills who don't blitz him. Vic Fangio likes to blitz as a rule and didn't blitz once in the first half week 18. 

Blitzing Mahomes is not the recipe. 

52 minutes ago, Steptide said:

The difference is the Rams consistently get pressure with their front 4 - specifically in the middle with Donald and on the edge with Miller.  I love both players but Oliver and Hughes don’t compare.  

27 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Part of me thinks that if Gabe Davis was able to carve up the Chiefs secondary so will J'Mar Chase and company.  It's possible that KC, coming off an emotional high will not play at the level we saw last Sunday night.  That's probably the only chance Cincinnati has.  I would have had the same concerns about the Bills had they held on for 13 freakin' seconds.

Except Chase is their #1 target, and the Chiefs effectively shut down our #1 (Diggs) and #2 (Knox).

Davis could have had 6 TDs and 400 yds had Daboll recognized earlier that Matthieu was injured and started feeding Davis right away. Instead, he saw their top Safety go down and decided it would be good to keep running it with Singletary.

55 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I think if any team can beat KC its LA. Stafford isn't on Mahomes level but he is pretty good. The Rams have an explosive offense just like the Chiefs. Where the Rams can give the Chiefs fits is they can get to Mahomes with their front 4 like Tampa did. Donald and Miller are game changers. I don't see the Bengals winning in KC even though Burrow and that offense will make plays. SF won't beat KC with Jimmy G as their QB. I know they won at GB but the Packers choked. Rodgers for all of his great QB play has a less than impressive playoff record. 

I agree that the Rams can beat KC.  They are susceptible to imploding, but if they don't... that defense has game wreckers up front that we just don't have, and on offense, they are basically us without the QB mobility.  

I still believe the winner of Bills/Chiefs wins the Super Bowl, and it will be sickening to look back and remember that it was decided by a coin toss, but the Rams do have a shot.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.