Frazier getting second interview with Joe Schoen and NYG

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

200.gif

Schoen 

Like the game hold your excitement,  

I guarantee no team is hiring this clown retread.  We're stuck with his him until he decides retire. Joe Schoen just doing him a favour with second interview to make it seem like he is in demand.  Trust the process....... no owner hiring this guy who is your classic old retread coach

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Dislike 1

6 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Hail Murray was not Leslie’s fault.  Mario Addison failed to contain, Murray threw a perfect pass and Hopkins made a perfect catch.  The Bills best 3 pass defenders were on Hopkins.  Can’t ask for much more than that

wish they had done what some teams do and put a tight back there on D so they have a 6'6" guy defending that pass..of course not sure if Knox or Smith (I think he was on the team at that time) would have known what todo

38 minutes ago, Stuartjohn said:

God is that the truth! Leslie is guaranteed to learn from the 13 second debacle- hopefully it’s with the Giants!

There is no way New York media and fans would accept the Giants hiring Frazier,  this is just Joe Schoen trying to get Frazier's name get out there so he will have a chance at one of the other HC openings.  Maybe had he prepared his defence better and not been so whimpy to close out that game he would be getting serious consideration ,  but there is no NFL team interested in Frazier other then to fill out league obligation so I do see him getting other interviews coming and then a majority of Bills fans praying he gets hired to get his pathetic bend but don't break defence out of town.  Before his apologists come talking about his # defensive ratings,  tell me about the last 3 playoff years and how our defence gave up leads in all 3 games.  I pray he gets hired and would love to be wrong because there are a lot of talented defensive coaches on the market and that is what this Bills teams really needs. If the Pegulas were not so soft they would be asking Sean to replace Frazier right now.  IMHO.

Even Marv Levy replaced dc coordinators on those Super Bowls teams ,  the fact is defence is the weak link on this team right now and I don't care about fake rankings.

8 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Frazier will not be fired before all head coaching jobs are filled. no chance the Bills will risk losing comp picks. 

Are you suggesting that after all HC positions are filled he will be replaced? 

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, JohnNord said:

Hail Murray was not Leslie’s fault.  Mario Addison failed to contain, Murray threw a perfect pass and Hopkins made a perfect catch.  The Bills best 3 pass defenders were on Hopkins.  Can’t ask for much more than that

Not singling you out, because others in this thread have essentially said the same as you, but it's not so much the Hail Murray itself that was the issue, but the plays leading up to it.  The D handed the Cards 32 yards in only 23 seconds ....it should have never come down to a Hail Mary.

Regardless, I don't think that NYG (or any another NFL franchise) will hire Frazier as a HC, after Sunday night.  I think Schoen is floating Frazier's name out there as a favor to his former DC, and to possibly entice other teams to interview him.

Just now, Back2Buff said:

Both guys will have options.  It's not always about who the team wants, the coach needs to want to go there too.

Very true. I am just saying the speculation here with the media and fans is Daboll or Flores. Of course that means nothing and we will see how this plays out.

9 minutes ago, Hebert19 said:

This tells me Daboll doesn't want it.  

Makes sense. It seems like Daboll has been pretty picky over the years, and that is not necessarily a bad thing. There are better coaching situations out there, and I am not sure he is totally built for New York media. 

1 minute ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Not singling you out, because others in this thread have essentially said the same as you, but it's not so much the Hail Murray itself that was the issue, but the plays leading up to it.  The D handed the Cards 32 yards in only 23 seconds ....it should have never come down to a Hail Mary.

Regardless, I don't think that NYG (or any another NFL franchise) will hire Frazier as a HC, after Sunday night.  I think Schoen is floating Frazier's name out there as a favor to his former DC, and to possibly entice other teams to interview him.

Thanks for clarifying that for me.  I forgot about the plays before the catch.  

Coaching searches are always strange because you never what’s real or BS, but despite all the Daboll smoke, it was reported that NYG was doing their due diligence by asking assistants and trainers about Flores.  Maybe this is a standard procedure for all candidates but it does make you wonder if Flo is a dark horse candidate.  

9 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

Not exactly an irrational decision.  Would you want to go from driving a Ferrari every day to trying to jump-start a 98 Civic?

Whatever coach goes to NYG won’t be married to Daniel Jones long term.  He was drafted under a regime that’s not longer there and if he sucks I doubt they’ll object to moving into a new direction.

Of Course, the worst case scenario is a Tua season.  Where he puts up decent stats against bad team to create the illusion that he is more competent that he really is.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.