Frazier getting second interview with Joe Schoen and NYG

YoloinOhio

5 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Yes everyone knows he was New Englands special teams coach it was all over the news the moment he was hired and the wonders of how detailed he was but he has never been a head coach at any level.
The Mara Family maybe pushing their GM to hire a guy whose been around the block and actually ran an entire team before. 

That wasn't clear.  You said "hire a guy with coaching experience".  That's why I asked if you meant "head coaching experience"

On 1/25/2022 at 10:50 PM, Bferra13 said:

It is and it isn't. Frazier calls the plays and fd us that last 13 seconds. He also looked like a weirdo zombie the whole time the camera panned to him on the sideline like he was a corpse of himself. They'd be insane to hire him, but on the off 5% chance, I'll take what I can get.

Lmao. He always has that look but we took 2 timeouts!  McDermott was def involved in the decision making as well , had to be..

The Hill TD and his speed on the drive prior totally got in their heads imo...

McDermott was very careful to not blame anyone in his postseason presser. The general feeling seems to be that no one wants to blame Frazier and ruin his chances at a HC position. Unfortunately, the damage has been done. In my humble opinion, he's not getting hired. Based on the multiple articles like this.

Edited by benderbender

1 minute ago, benderbender said:

McDermott was very careful to not blame anyone in his postseason presser. The general feeling seems to be that no one wants to blame Frazier and ruin his chances at a HC position. Unfortunately, the damage has been done. In my humble opinion, he's not getting hired.

i will bet you $1 million that he won’t get fired!! 😀

Edited by Miyagi-Do Karate
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, benderbender said:

McDermott was very careful to not blame anyone in his postseason presser. The general feeling seems to be that no one wants to blame Frazier and ruin his chances at a HC position. Unfortunately, the damage has been done. In my humble opinion, he's not getting hired.

I would be willing that if he's not hired as a HC (and I don't see that happening especially after the Chiefs game which sucks because we would have got extr draft picks) you'll see something more to the tune of Frazier agreeing to step down and 'mutually part ways'.

Also if I'm the Pegulas I have already made the demand by now anyway.

as conspiracy theories go, the Bills might be waiting in order to help him land on his feet.  

Counter to that, or perfectly consistent with that, Schoen interviewed him for NYG, to keep his name in the mix of sought-after candidates.

If he gets fired it wont be because of Sunday.  

6 minutes ago, benderbender said:

6 minutes ago, benderbender said:

McDermott was very careful to not blame anyone in his postseason presser. The general feeling seems to be that no one wants to blame Frazier and ruin his chances at a HC position. Unfortunately, the damage has been done. In my humble opinion, he's not getting hired. Based on the multiple articles like this.

3 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I would be willing that if he's not hired as a HC (and I don't see that happening especially after the Chiefs game which sucks because we would have got extr draft picks) you'll see something more to the tune of Frazier agreeing to step down and 'mutually part ways'.

I say you fellas send a message. In protest, you should both stop posting until Frazier is canned. That will show the Pegulas you mean BUISNESS.

21 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'd be really surprised if we part ways with Frazier, assuming he doesn't get a coaching job elsewhere.

• Agree 2

22 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I'd be really surprised if we part ways with Frazier, assuming he doesn't get a coaching job elsewhere.

20 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Agreed.  The defense has been ranked #1 and #2 two out of the last three years.   He isnt going anywhere.

In hindsight we know these rankings were meaningless though especially against legit NFL QB's and offenses.

I just think that at some point you need a fresh perspective and there's zero evidence to suggest that Frazier and his scheme will ever be able to beat Mahomes or any of the other leagues elite QB's in a game that matters (no week 5 in KC didn't matter as nice as it was to win that game).

I hope Frazier gets hired by the Giants.  If not, I don't think he gets a HC gig anywhere this year and I for one would like to see a different defensive coordinator come in and see what he can do with the pieces we have.

I am especially interested to see what a more aggressive DC (hopefully thats the direction we go) can do with a couple particular guys:

1. Edmunds - The TSW whipping boy, mostly because I think people around here fail realize what they dislike most about him is how he is used.  Its why the coaches and opponents have such a better opinion of him, they see him doing what he is asked while the fans expect him to do something that he is not being asked to do out there.  So before we have to make a decision on him next off season, I would like to see a DC turn him loose and let him play a more aggressive style like Parsons.  Frazier has predominantly used him more as a safety valve (playing further away from the ball) and letting his athletic ability help him get to the ball in a true bend but don't break approach.  Its like he is a 3rd Safety out there most the game.  
  2. Oliver - This guy had a break out season this year, and I think its only the beginning for him if we can bring more aggression to our defensive play style. 
  3. Our DE's, especially the young ones - How much more effective could they be if our defensive style was more aggressive?  

So nothing against Frazier, he did a great job while the was here for the most part, but I think we have the pieces now to be more aggressive instead of relying on the bend but don't break approach most the time.  I think it has its moments, and can still be used, but we need to be able to turn up the heat too at any point in the game we want.  And that is something Frazier just isn't that great at doing, making those in game adjustments to make those game defining plays on the defensive side of the ball.  Its more like we all just hold our breath and hope this isnt the time we bend and then break (like KC OT).  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I hope Frazier gets hired by the Giants.  If not, I don't think he gets a HC gig anywhere this year and I for one would like to see a different defensive coordinator come in and see what he can do with the pieces we have.

I am especially interested to see what a more aggressive DC (hopefully thats the direction we go) can do with a couple particular guys:

1. Edmunds - The TSW whipping boy, mostly because I think people around here fail realize what they dislike most about him is how he is used.  Its why the coaches and opponents have such a better opinion of him, they see him doing what he is asked while the fans expect him to do something that he is not being asked to do out there.  So before we have to make a decision on him next off season, I would like to see a DC turn him loose and let him play a more aggressive style like Parsons.  Frazier has predominantly used him more as a safety valve (playing further away from the ball) and letting his athletic ability help him get to the ball in a true bend but don't break approach.  Its like he is a 3rd Safety out there most the game.  
  2. Oliver - This guy had a break out season this year, and I think its only the beginning for him if we can bring more aggression to our defensive play style. 
  3. Our DE's, especially the young ones - How much more effective could they be if our defensive style was more aggressive?  

So nothing against Frazier, he did a great job while the was here for the most part, but I think we have the pieces now to be more aggressive instead of relying on the bend but don't break approach most the time.  I think it has its moments, and can still be used, but we need to be able to turn up the heat too at any point in the game we want.  And that is something Frazier just isn't that great at doing, making those in game adjustments to make those game defining plays on the defensive side of the ball.  Its more like we all just hold our breath and hope this isnt the time we bend and then break (like KC OT).  

What do you mean by more aggressive? I have seen a lot of fans say this in the last few days. I am not picking on you in asking it Alpha, I just suspect you will actually know what you mean by it whereas I am not sold that everyone saying it does. 

When you say more aggressive, what are you looking for?

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What do you mean by more aggressive? I have seen a lot of fans say this in the last few days. I am not picking on you in asking it Alpha, I just suspect you will actually know what you mean by it whereas I am not sold that everyone saying it does. 

When you say more aggressive, what are you looking for?

I know you are not and just asking a fair question...and its a good question.

We tend to run this bend don't break style of defense.  Keep everything in front of them.  I would like to see us be more aggressive at times, not saying on every down or completely change our philosophy, as I get a lot of it is McD's defense and I know he knows defense.  Wouldn't mind us bringing more heat to the QB too, we were about middle of the field in Blitz % this year.  And while the bend don't break defense can often be effective over the length of a game, it can also let you down when it needs to stop a team from scoring on an important drive. I would like to see a defense that is capable of stiffening up at the right times.  

Honestly, how we use Edmunds is a prime example of where I would like to see some new things inserted into our defense.  We tend to lean on Edmunds athletic ability to bank on him making up ground and getting to the play.  His primary role feels more like a 3rd safety or floater than it does a dominating MLB.  And I think this is why he is so polarizing around here...fans want to see stats and big plays...but he isn't being used that way.  

I would like to see us use his athletic gifts more to penetrate and disrupt plays.  Watching how Dallas used Parsons this year just made me really wonder how Edmunds could do if they used his athletic gifts in the same way.  

19 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

That's all fine and good and as usual I mostly agree. But I wasn't making any of those points you're countering. Carry on!

18 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Neither was anyone else here, or at least the stuff in the post you're responding to was seriously distorted from any point anyone here ade. 

There are times when it's clear that no logic or facts will penetrate.  The key "tell" is when the ad hominums come out "sorry if that hurts the feelings...."

There they are, and I'm outta here.

You guys just want to say "but maybe McDermott and Beane's Bills would have been a bad place for Mahomes to develop".............I literally pointed out reasons why it is very unlikely they would have kept Mahomes from becoming great in relatively short order.

As usual the "but the Bills woulda' ruined him" crowd really has no reason for their take other than just because some other QB's failed with other coaches.  

It's utter vaguery.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.