Frazier getting second interview with Joe Schoen and NYG

YoloinOhio

17 hours ago, beerme1 said:

Remember when McD suspended Frasier's D coordinator duties for a game or two? Cause he wasn't doing what was expected. I suspect McD fires Leslie if he doesn't get an HC position somewhere else. McD needs to assume the D coordinator duties unless he can land a Swartz type guy which I doubt. 

Time for McD to own it.

I’d love to get Swartz back.  I think him and McDermott would be a great combo and Swartz would some bring some passion to that defense.  I respect Frazier but he’s so darn mellow all the time and the defense tends to reflect that personality, when we get punched in the mouth we tend to fold.  Swartz’s defenses will at least keep hitting you back.   

Edited by Mynamemike
  • Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

There is no way New York media and fans would accept the Giants hiring Frazier,  this is just Joe Schoen trying to get Frazier's name get out there so he will have a chance at one of the other HC openings.  Maybe had he prepared his defence better and not been so whimpy to close out that game he would be getting serious consideration ,  but there is no NFL team interested in Frazier other then to fill out league obligation so I do see him getting other interviews coming and then a majority of Bills fans praying he gets hired to get his pathetic bend but don't break defence out of town.  Before his apologists come talking about his # defensive ratings,  tell me about the last 3 playoff years and how our defence gave up leads in all 3 games.  I pray he gets hired and would love to be wrong because there are a lot of talented defensive coaches on the market and that is what this Bills teams really needs. If the Pegulas were not so soft they would be asking Sean to replace Frazier right now.  IMHO.

Even Marv Levy replaced dc coordinators on those Super Bowls teams ,  the fact is defence is the weak link on this team right now and I don't care about fake rankings.

Are you suggesting that after all HC positions are filled he will be replaced? 

I have no idea. Just certain he won't be before they are. 

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

This question has come up before and been ridiculed by you as a substitute for legitimate counter argument.

The following points were made by myself and others:

1. The Chiefs "anemic" offense with Alex Smith in 2017 was #5 for yards, #6 for points, and tied for #4 in pass Y/A.  Smith was #8 for passing yards and led the league in passer rating.  26-27 other teams would have been happy to have such a case of anemia

2. Several Chiefs players have gone on record saying that Mahomes was not 'all that and a bag of chips' his rookie season (I think the word used was actually "sucked") and that he looked like a different player when he came to training camp in 2018...so there is some evidence that yes, in fact, he did benefit from a season on the bench

Now, you can disagree and that's fine, you have a right to your opinion, but let's not pretend that there's no evidence to support a different viewpoint.

1.  I didn't say their offense was anemic that season.........I said it was when they played the Bills and the McDermott/Frazier defense.   

Smith was not able to access weapons in the passing game the way that Mahomes is.

They probably had a better offensive team around Smith then than they have around Mahomes now...........like I said,  they had the league's leading rusher in addition to Hill and a younger Kelce.

2. Did Josh Allen not "suck" his rookie year?   The Josh Allen we saw Sunday is a FAR f*cking cry from the Josh Allen of 2018.   Wasn't he the least accurate starting QB in the NFL in 2018?   

Let's not pretend that Josh Allen came into the NFL anywhere close to as developed as Mahomes.    Mahomes was a stud in his first career start in 2017 and was the best player in the entire league in 2018.    He was going to be damn good one way or the other.   If anything he may have almost leveled off immediately because he was already arguably the best QB anyone had ever seen in 2018.    Allen probably just reached Mahomes 2018 level late in this season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

So as rookies:

Patrick Mahomes as a Bills rookie in 2017 with Sammy Watkins and a strong OL that had just lead the NFL in rushing for two straight seasons supported by a solid veteran defense........a team that would make the playoffs with Tyrod Taylor and without Watkins.............or Josh Allen in 2018 stepping into the worst offensive personnel situation in the entire NFL, HANDS DOWN.......dreadful receivers and a horrific OL.

No question Mahomes would have had an easier path.

Does Mahomes throw 50 TD's as a rookie?   Probably not.   But does he suck?   Hell no.   Go back and watch Alex Smith with Tyreek Hill,  Travis Kelce and the league's leading rusher Kareem Hunt in the game against the Bills in 2017.    Anemic.

Make no mistake that Mahomes has elevated the talent around him from his first start late in 2017 and thereafter.   He needed a redshirt season to succeed like Brady needed to ride the pine for 3 seasons before he was ready to compete in NE.  

You are asking a question just for asking sake.............not because it actually makes any real sense.  

No, I just don't see things as simply black and white the way you do. I genuinely wonder about the myriad variables influencing career trajectories. You are a smart poster, but you are also not terribly flexible in your thinking when challenged or even simply questioned. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

19 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

No, I just don't see things as simply black and white the way you do. I genuinely wonder about the myriad variables influencing career trajectories. You are a smart poster, but you are also not terribly flexible in your thinking when challenged or even simply questioned. 

If I'm not terribly flexible to vague presumptions........I'm sorry if that hurts the feelings of people who just want to argue blindly for the sake of doing so.........but don't tell me Patrick Mahomes is a product of a system..........the guy was raised by a pro athlete to be a pro athlete.........he was absolutely dominant in college throwing for 9700 yards and 77 TD's in his sophomore and junior seasons before declaring..........we aren't talking about a guy who was just learning how to play quarterback when he arrived in the NFL.

And the whole notion that Andy Reid was an offensive genius his whole career is false............his Eagles teams were actually most successful on defense(see Jim Johnson)...........and Reid and Alex Smith once teamed up for an ENTIRE SEASON where the Chiefs didn't throw a single TD pass to a wide receiver.    And this was AFTER Alex Smith had put up 600+ yards against a Bills team.....the most yards they've ever allowed in a game.......... in his last year in SF.   So it's not like Smith was lousy before Reid got his hands on him.    Reid is a good coach.........but he couldn't turn water into wine.    Mahomes was going to be a great player, regardless.

• Like (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, Weatherman said:

Can we give the Giants both of the 3’s we would get from them hiring Frazier to not hire Daboll?  

My logic is there are 9 HC openings, he’s one of, if not the top candidate, he is getting one of the 9. And I would prefer he go to the nfc where we will rarely play him since he knows everything there is to know about our team. NYG is a great place for him from my perspective 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

HOLD on..... There has been games where McD did not like the defensive play calls and said "i took over the defensive play calls this game" and the Times McD did do that the defense was better for it... This is McD's defense. 

“I’m super proud of those guys, but let me just make sure I’m clear here; Leslie Frazier runs the defense and I want to give credit where credit is due,” said coach Sean McDermott. “This is not Sean McDermott’s defense, this is Leslie’s defense, and those defensive coaches and players have done a phenomenal job.”

https://amp.democratandchronicle.com/amp/9164293002

• Like (+1) 1

I would rather Frazier go over Daboll. 

Frazier calls McDs defense. 

Daboll is in full control of the offense. (And I remember McD OTHER OCs). 

then add the extra third round picks. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

My logic is there are 9 HC openings, he’s one of, if not the top candidate, he is getting one of the 9. And I would prefer he go to the nfc where we will rarely play him since he knows everything there is to know about our team. NYG is a great place for him from my perspective 

Saints maybe?  No up and comer is going there to die.  They will have to hire someone to see them through this mess. 

Edited by SCBills

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If I'm not terribly flexible to vague presumptions........I'm sorry if that hurts the feelings of people who just want to argue blindly for the sake of doing so.........but don't tell me Patrick Mahomes is a product of a system..........the guy was raised by a pro athlete to be a pro athlete.........he was absolutely dominant in college throwing for 9700 yards and 77 TD's in his sophomore and junior seasons before declaring..........we aren't talking about a guy who was just learning how to play quarterback when he arrived in the NFL.

And the whole notion that Andy Reid was an offensive genius his whole career is false............his Eagles teams were actually most successful on defense(see Jim Johnson)...........and Reid and Alex Smith once teamed up for an ENTIRE SEASON where the Chiefs didn't throw a single TD pass to a wide receiver.    And this was AFTER Alex Smith had put up 600+ yards against a Bills team.....the most yards they've ever allowed in a game.......... in his last year in SF.   So it's not like Smith was lousy before Reid got his hands on him.    Reid is a good coach.........but he couldn't turn water into wine.    Mahomes was going to be a great player, regardless.

That's all fine and good and as usual I mostly agree. But I wasn't making any of those points you're countering. Carry on!

47 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

That's all fine and good and as usual I mostly agree. But I wasn't making any of those points you're countering. Carry on!

Neither was anyone else here, or at least the stuff in the post you're responding to was seriously distorted from any point anyone here ade. 

There are times when it's clear that no logic or facts will penetrate.  The key "tell" is when the ad hominums come out "sorry if that hurts the feelings...."

There they are, and I'm outta here.

• Like (+1) 1

On 1/25/2022 at 9:24 PM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Does this mean Daboll possibly is going to take the Miami job?? Also I read the giants are very high on Flores. 

I would most certainly prefer not to see our coordinators in the AFC and most certainly not in our division.  Daboll probably knows how Allen dreams.

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

One thing is the Giants just went through a coach with no coaching experience in Judge and it was a disaster.

I could see the Mara Family telling Schoen we’d like you to find someone whose been a coach before 

? Judge had coaching experience.  He was the Pats ST coordinator for what, 8 years? 

Do you mean "experience as a HC"?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Mynamemike said:

I’d love to get Swartz back.  I think him and McDermott would be a great combo and Swartz would some bring some passion to that defense.  I respect Frazier but he’s so darn mellow all the time and the defense tends to reflect that personality, when we get punched in the mouth we tend to fold.  Swartz’s defenses will at least keep hitting you back.   

Just can't see him ever coming back here in the same capacity. If he' out of work and isn't getting an HC job I could. But it's doubtful.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I would most certainly prefer not to see our coordinators in the AFC and most certainly not in our division.  Daboll probably knows how Allen dreams.

? Judge had coaching experience.  He was the Pats ST coordinator for what, 8 years? 

Do you mean "experience as a HC"?

Yes everyone knows he was New Englands special teams coach it was all over the news the moment he was hired and the wonders of how detailed he was but he has never been a head coach at any level.
The Mara Family maybe pushing their GM to hire a guy whose been around the block and actually ran an entire team before. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.