Greg Olson regrets he didn't sign with Buf. We should have 1st dibs on many FAs looking for a SB

JerseyBills

It's a little bit to soon to think anyone will come, for free/discount

We might have the best QB right now, but we didn't prove yet we are one piece away from Lombardy

Look

We're not the pats in their glory days having 3-5 Lombardy in the pocket

8 hours ago, SCBills said:

I mean, it’s pretty good pub that a respected guy just said he regrets signing with Seattle/Russell Wilson because he had the chance to play with Josh Allen.   

Bingo.  THAT is the takeaway here…nothing else.  A star player — even if at the end of his career — just said he wishes he could have played with Josh Allen over Russ Wilson.  Let that sink in.

The worm has turned.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Hey, Antonio Brown just had to go to the Raiders, JJ Watt and Zack Ertz to the Cardinals. Every year there is  new idiots.

Clue, its all about money & warm weather with some players, not necessarily winning 

• Agree 2

7 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

I dont care what Olsen says. Just happy we didn't waste the cap space on him. And it's not the radio it's Portnoys podcast (I'm assuming) and that guy is more full of shiz and full of himself than anyone. Bring on the FA's I guess. But we dodged a bullet there by trying to sign mr broke for 8 mil or watever.

I can understand if he was criticizing the Bills but he’s not…it’s a bit weird.

I bet Adam Humphries is second guessing going to the Titans back in 2019. We did more than ok signing Beasley, though, moreso for Allen's development. 

Obviously money is a big factor for the majority of the NFL players, but they all would love to play for a winning team, certain coach or a Josh Allen type QB. We are finally in an advantageous position going into FA. 

8 hours ago, SCBills said:

Buffalo is now Josh Allen and Bills Mafia. 

It may be cold - but you get an elite QB, chance to compete for a title and the most insane fanbase in the NFL.  

I talk to people down here in the South who are college die-hards, but NFL casuals… they all love Josh Allen and Bills Mafia. 

As I roam around the country, I occasionally run into Bills fans who are not from WNY.  At the regular season game in Arrowhead, for example, I met a Bills fan from Wyoming and you can guess what turned her onto the Bills.

But, in my experience, the biggest reason that non-Buffalonians become Bills fans is the Bills Mafia.   At least thus far.  After watching Allen play in the playoffs, I think he's going to become the Bills best salesman.  

9 hours ago, Bferra13 said:

I just don't like either of those guys. Not angry. Easy to make up some bs after this game for listening. Portnoy said he's the first JA fan in the country bs. Olsen sucks and the Bills were lucky they didn't waste cap on his broke ass. Just two guys looking for some attention after our heartbreak.

Way back in 2019, Portnoy did say that he thought Josh was gonna be better than Lamar. That was a serious hot take in sports media.

It will be interesting to see if they can get veteran WRs & TEs that are either nearing the end (Gronk or DJax) or coming off an injury riddled season and is only getting Show Me offers (JJSS) on value deals to add weapons on offense.

With Sanders and McKenzie hitting FA and the questions about bringing Beasley back at his cap number, Beane might be able to leverage the opportunity to play with Allen into below market contracts for guys that can improve the offense.

6 minutes ago, Greg S said:

What is our cap situation like? Can the Bills be players in FA this offseason? Or is it basically an offseason where we try to resign our own?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

The cap situation isn't great. They are in the bottom third of league in cap space entering the off season. Beane and company will need to make decisions on guys like Edmunds (1 yr guaranteed at $12.7M), Beasley ($7.5M cap hit vs $1.5M in dead cap if cut), Morse ($11.25M cap hit vs $3.75M in dead cap if cut), and others.

It will be interesting to see what moves they make to create more cap space to try and improve this team.

• Like (+1) 1

This is definitely a franchise defining off-season.  Do we become a perennial playoff caliber team that doesn't quite have the talent to go all the way?  Or, do we push all the chips in and add the few missing pieces need to take us over the top and get that championship now?  I would mortgage the future for a title.  

11 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

So now the board wants to keep McD to get more FAs to sign with us?

giphy.gif

It's the natural grieving process that we are all going through in real time.  Disbelief, anger and hope.  

32 minutes ago, Jim Bob said:

It will be interesting to see if they can get veteran WRs & TEs that are either nearing the end (Gronk or DJax) or coming off an injury riddled season and is only getting Show Me offers (JJSS) on value deals to add weapons on offense.

With Sanders and McKenzie hitting FA and the questions about bringing Beasley back at his cap number, Beane might be able to leverage the opportunity to play with Allen into below market contracts for guys that can improve the offense.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

The cap situation isn't great. They are in the bottom third of league in cap space entering the off season. Beane and company will need to make decisions on guys like Edmunds (1 yr guaranteed at $12.7M), Beasley ($7.5M cap hit vs $1.5M in dead cap if cut), Morse ($11.25M cap hit vs $3.75M in dead cap if cut), and others.

It will be interesting to see what moves they make to create more cap space to try and improve this team.

Edmunds contract is only guaranteed if he is cut.  If the Bills find a trade partner he has no dead cap.

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

Edmunds contract is only guaranteed if he is cut.  If the Bills find a trade partner he has no dead cap.

Yup

In the Edmunds thread I talked about how they either need to extend him and reduce that cap hit for next season or find someone to take him in a trade. 

If they walk him to FA with that cap number next season...

🤬

7 minutes ago, Jim Bob said:

Yup

In the Edmunds thread I talked about how they either need to extend him and reduce that cap hit for next season or find someone to take him in a trade. 

If they walk him to FA with that cap number next season...

🤬

100% They either need to extend the contract or trade him.    IMO I think the 12 or 13 million dollar salary is too high for him, especially with how KC targeted him in the playoff game.   To me he definitely isn't a top 6 or 7 ILB in the league like that salary would indicate.   However, while I am not a fan of his, I do worry about the Bills ability to replace him given his knowledge of the defense.  

1 hour ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

Second dibs after KC you mean.   They are I. Better cap shape than we are 

What does better cap shape mean?  They have more room next season?  Please explain?  They have 21M and we have 2.5M

who are the key free agents that we have to sign?  Phillips, Bates and Levi (maybe?). Those 3 combined might make less than their FA LT Orlando Brown   Then there’s Tyrann Mathieu, Ward, Ingram, their RT Wylie, Jarran Reed, Pringle, robinson.  They have 3 DBs under contract, Sneed, thro hill and Fenton.  

They’re paying Chris Jones almost 30M per year.  Clark, 26M, Tyreek 20M (and he’s a FA after next season).  Kelces contract balloons following next season. 

i wouldn’t consider them in a much betttr position cap wise.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.