Greg Olson regrets he didn't sign with Buf. We should have 1st dibs on many FAs looking for a SB

JerseyBills

Title says it all... I'm sure many guys would love a shot to play here and see what could be!! 

Little positivity for our broken hearts!

I love Motor and Hughes but just imagine adding a Thurman and Bruce to this team.

I'd like a Cordarrelle Patterson, Akheim Hicks and a Von Miller/Chandler Jones

Good luck to our opponents, they'll need it!

Extended version.  You can tell Olson is getting a little choked up about the decision.  Wow

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Whatever. Screw both of them. Olsen was past his prine anyways. Had 294 and 1 td with Hawks. 

Agreed. But the point is we should be a landing spot for many top tier FAs

Compare this to 2016-17 , pretty amazing culture shift

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Whatever. Screw both of them. Olsen was past his prine anyways. Had 294 and 1 td with Hawks. 

"Screw both of them."  Where does that come from? Why the anger?

I think you are missing the point of the thread--it shows that top FAs do think about going where they can win and ANYONE would probably want to go where that Josh Allen guy plays---b/c where you find him, you will probably find a lot of wins and success.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

I mean, it’s pretty good pub that a respected guy just said he regrets signing with Seattle/Russell Wilson because he had the chance to play with Josh Allen.   

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

"Screw both of them."  Where does that come from? Why the anger?

I think you are missing the point of the thread--it shows that top FAs do think about going where they can win and ANYONE would probably want to go where that Josh Allen guy plays---b/c where you find him, you will probably find a lot of wins and success.

I just don't like either of those guys. Not angry. Easy to make up some bs after this game for listening. Portnoy said he's the first JA fan in the country bs. Olsen sucks and the Bills were lucky they didn't waste cap on his broke ass. Just two guys looking for some attention after our heartbreak.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

He's damaged goods at this point.  The only guy I'd take is DJ Moore.

Ya but even if we could have him for the playoffs , he's such an amazing weapon. His injury history is extremely concerning but if Car wanted to unload him because of it and eat some of the contract, I'd pull the trigger because if he did stay healthy we'd be literally unstoppable. 

Ya I'd take Moore in a heartbeat too

It will be interesting to see how Beane manages the cap this offseason.  How he does it will determine what the Bills can do in terms of signing free agents.  If the money is there, Beane is willing to spend it, but he tends to sign older guys to short term deals (Emmanuel Sanders).  If a guy is in his thirties and wants a four year deal, he might not get it from Beane.

17 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

It will be interesting to see how Beane manages the cap this offseason.  How he does it will determine what the Bills can do in terms of signing free agents.  If the money is there, Beane is willing to spend it, but he tends to sign older guys to short term deals (Emmanuel Sanders).  If a guy is in his thirties and wants a four year deal, he might not get it from Beane.

Agreed.

I guess my point was that our FO will have leverage on FAs chasing a ring. You see guys taking pay cuts/reconstructing contracts to be on a SB contender every year. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.