Fitzpatrick Anyone???

wagne591

22 hours ago, wagne591 said:

I was thinking how cool it would be to get Fitzpatrick back in Buffalo...I mean he obviously loves Buffalo or he wouldn't have bared the cold with his boys the night we kick NE's butt.  I just think in order to move forward we need some outside help and different perspective in the Offense and Defense.  Obviously we are going to lose Daboll he is as good as gone.  Josh wants Dorsey as his OC which I am good with that as far as continuity standpoint...but I feel bringing Fitz in as a coach and not the backup would be great and bring a different perspective.  The guy is smart as hell and he seems to love Buffalo.  Just a thought. What do you think?

Love the guy.

Probably too expensive this year.

22 hours ago, wagne591 said:

I was thinking how cool it would be to get Fitzpatrick back in Buffalo...I mean he obviously loves Buffalo or he wouldn't have bared the cold with his boys the night we kick NE's butt.  I just think in order to move forward we need some outside help and different perspective in the Offense and Defense.  Obviously we are going to lose Daboll he is as good as gone.  Josh wants Dorsey as his OC which I am good with that as far as continuity standpoint...but I feel bringing Fitz in as a coach and not the backup would be great and bring a different perspective.  The guy is smart as hell and he seems to love Buffalo.  Just a thought. What do you think?

I don’t think Fitzpatrick wants to coach just yet.   I do wonder whether he would consider Buffalo.  Throughout his career, he’s always ended up on teams where he would start or have a chance to compete to start.  

He’s never really backed up an established QB.  But now that he’s older and coming off a brutal hip injury, it does make you wonder if he would be ok as a backup.  I have a feeling he would have a positive impact on Josh.  

Yeah I know the whole “Fitzmagic” stuff…but this is a completely different situation 

23 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Didn't he go to Harvard?  I'm not sure if it's been mentioned before.  Pretty smart fella.

Have you ever seen a shot of Niagara Falls before from above the water? 

Its nearly mystical 

5 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

As much as it was good that he was at the New England game, the Bills are just lucky the 'curse' didn't set in.  Allen and Trubisky would have gone down with food poisoning, and Fitz would have had to fill in.

You mixed up movie "Second String" with Bills team.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I didn’t know Niagara Falls had water.

Really bad water - have you not heard of Love Canal?

Reports said it still causes medical issues including mental problems.

Sullivan will probably blame it for his preexisting conditions.

10 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Not picking on you in particular, but why do people think this? Fitz is a fun guy to root for, but what about him makes him a good coach?

He was not a great teammate after Tua took his job. He doesn't have great fundamentals. He is hardly a technician of QBing. What makes Fitz "good" is his playing style and personality. Guys gravitate to him because he plays so hard and its a great dude. 

Could he be a good coach? Maybe, but just because he's been around for a long time doesn't mean he will be a good coach.

I’m just afraid this thread may become the new annual “We should get Jim Kelly in here to coach” thread. 😬 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 1/25/2022 at 7:26 PM, wagne591 said:

Depends first and foremost on whether Fitz wants to get into coaching and is he into x's and o's as far as putting together a gameplan to  attack  such and such defenses.  If he's moving on from playing what does he want to pursue?  His degree I believe is in Finance so he may just wish to dabble in investing his saved earnings thus far which I'd expect he has quite a nest egg from just his longevity in the league and earning a decent paycheck even as just a stopgap insurance player/bridge qb. 

Then again he has seen alot of defenses he'd be invaluable as  even as a rookie qb coach or just make him a special assistant to Josh Allen.  So if he asked about an entry towards a coaching career I'd find him a spot if I were McD.

On 1/25/2022 at 8:23 PM, saundena said:

I wonder if he was in town to maybe meet with the McBean/Pegulas to discuss some sort of non player role for him in the future.  Smart guy, well respected.  This is all just speculation of course but ya never know.

It could be as simple as his kids are Bills fans and  Josh Allen in particular,  kinda like Manning sharing his son wears  Allen Jersey in his league.  So when they asked Santa for Bills playoff tickets they got them.

However a decision to get into coaching would be likely very successful for Fitz.  He played for almost half the teams in the league so  he has plenty of contacts as well as respect amongst all owners.  If he hasn't played for them I'm sure he was at least considered for a qb opening with exception of teams with franchise in NE well they may consider him now to work with jones if he wanted the full circuit of AFCE teams.  

And again first has Fitzpatrick ever expressed desire to pursue coaching?  I know it was pretty much known that Frank Reich was leaning toward coaching for after playing days. I've never heard his thoughts  on wanting to coach or if he wanted to use his degree.  I mean he uses his degree just for his own investments I'm sure after all he likely finished high in his class. Then again I never checked his academic record.   I mean it's like the circle of FitzMagic is known.  Sign as bridge/mentor to rookie qb yada yada  yada....

Edited by AuntieEm

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.