Should the Bills extend Edmunds?

Victory Formation

Should the Bills extend Edmunds?  

333 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do with Edmunds?

• Extend him! He’s still young and developing, he will come stound!
    • Let him walk after his contract is up, he sucks!
    • Trade Edmunds for picks in the 2022 & 2023 draft!

1 hour ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I do wonder where that supposed "strength" in coverage idea came from.  I've never thought that was his strength. Bill fennel cbs analysts with unbiased opinions even said don't drop edmunds into coverage. 

One possible answer to this debate, whether coverage is a strength for Edmunds, could boil down to how frequently he is targeted per coverage drop compared to other LBs? These numbers, in context, could help refute or support the criticisms levied against him w/r/t pass coverage.

Because it seems like the argument I read in favor of his coverage abilities is that Edmunds discourages throws into his zones due to length and athleticism. Whereas the argument(s) against are QB ratings allowed and a lack of INTs and PDs. I see subjective/qualitative support and objective/quantitative criticism. 

Anyone have OBJECTIVE support/evidence of Tremaine's pass coverage prowess? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Of course there wasn't.  You could probably stick Dodson in there for a game or 2 and not notice much difference.

I actually like Dodson. I kind of wish he had gotten a little playing time over the last 2 seasons. I thought he played pretty well in Miami the year he was able to start. Always was hoping to see more of him.

22 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Anyone have OBJECTIVE support/evidence of Tremaine's pass coverage prowess? 

It doesn’t exist. All you’ll get are the subjective, unquantifiable answers that suggest he discourages throws due to his mere presence roaming the middle. It’s the silliest argument I’ve ever heard, because I continually see him chasing receivers after a catch is made.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

It doesn’t exist. All you’ll get are the subjective, unquantifiable answers that suggest he discourages throws due to his mere presence roaming the middle. It’s the silliest argument I’ve ever heard, because I continually see him chasing receivers after a catch is made.

Yep.

And he gets manipulated by the quarterbacks eyes so easy in the pass game.

Mahomes just toys with him 

9 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

The stats show he is not an impact player at all and the eye test reflects that perfectly.

Watch the KC game and look at Mahomes deceive him with his eyes all game long. Nothing to do with individual stats there. (Except for the fact he couldn't make a game impact play of course)

Now want to tell me all the responsibilities that are placed on him. Can you see that in the eye test or the stats?  

did ANYONE on the NFLs NO 1 Defense make a game impact play?  Where were the All Pro Safeties?  Where was Stud Milano on Kelce?  

Edited by MAJBobby

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Now want to tell me all the responsibilities that are placed on him. Can you see that in the eye test or the stats?  

did ANYONE on the NFLs NO 1 Defense make a game impact play?  Where were the All Pro Safeties?  Where was Stud Milano on Kelce?  

They all had a bad game. 

But the "all pro" safeties also made game changing impact plays all season.

Just look at Micah Hyde's play against New England in the playoffs.

Edmunds does nothing well. 

You are allowed to have responsibilities and make plays outside of those responsibilities... just look at basically any good player on defence for any team lol.

Edmunds is just straight up not that guy

I think his strength in coverage, or at least what the coaches allude to, is his ability to run down screens and swing passes and prevent them from becoming huge gains. I will admit he is very good at that. 

now dropping into coverage over the middle of the field it seems like he doesn’t have a good feel. Otherwise, he’d have more pass break-ups and interceptions, IMO

18 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

They all had a bad game. 

But the "all pro" safeties also made game changing impact plays all season.

Just look at Micah Hyde's play against New England in the playoffs.

Edmunds does nothing well. 

You are allowed to have responsibilities and make plays outside of those responsibilities... just look at basically any good player on defence for any team lol.

Edmunds is just straight up not that guy

Ahhh ok so the pivot. Got it. We agree to disagree then. 

16 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Ahhh ok so the pivot. Got it. We agree to disagree then. 

I don't think I pivoted as I addressed your point saying that I agree that everyone had a bad game against the chiefs.

But was making the point on top of it that Edmunds never makes game changing plays and gave the example of the Micah Hyde.

But ya fair enough, we'll agree to disagree on Edmunds

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

I don't think I pivoted as I addressed your point saying that I agree that everyone had a bad game against the chiefs.

But was making the point on top of it that Edmunds never makes game changing plays and gave the example of the Micah Hyde.

But ya fair enough, we'll agree to disagree on Edmunds

Except he does. What do you consider fake changing plays. You know who else didn’t Milano but he can do no wrong playing the easiest LBer position their is to play in a Will. 

what is funny is Edmunds is a two gap MIke (not many if any do that). He actually has more responsibility in this defense than Keuchley did in Carolina. 

Edited by MAJBobby

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Except he does. What do you consider fake changing plays. You know who else didn’t Milano but he can do no wrong playing the easiest LBer position their is to play in a Will. 

what is funny is Edmunds is a two gap MIke (not many if any do that). He actually has more responsibility in this defense than Keuchley did in Carolina. 

What game changing plays does Edmunds make?

Besides going off the theory "he takes away the middle passing lanes", with absolutely no quantifiable number to it or anything to back that up.

I am saying impact plays- like tackle for losses on 3rd/4th downs. Sacks. Interceptions. Forced fumbles. Fumble recoveries. Key 3rd or 4th down break ups.

The only  play I can ever remember him making that was impact, was a 4th down tipped pass against the Bucs.

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, BillsFan130 said:

What game changing plays does Edmunds make?

Besides going off the theory "he takes away the middle passing lanes", with absolutely no quantifiable number to it or anything to back that up.

I am saying impact plays- like tackle for losses on 3rd/4th downs. Sacks. Interceptions. Forced fumbles. Fumble recoveries. 4th down break ups.

The only  play I can ever remember him making that was impact, was a 4th down tipped pass against the Bucs.

So now that you defined game changing plays you can look them up. 

but he has made 12. That is almost one per game. Of your definition. So want to keep digging here. Not to mention 2 ProBowls in 4 years. 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

but he has made 12. That is almost one per game. Of your definition. So want to keep digging here. Not to mention 2 ProBowls in 4 years. 

12??

LOL how in the world has he made 12 impact plays by the metrics I used?

So him breaking up a 3rd down stop when they are up 30 points, I'm guessing that would count as one then?😂

Edited by BillsFan130

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

12??

LOL how in the world has he made 12 impact plays by the metrics I used?

So him breaking up a 3rd down stop when they are up 30 points, I'm guessing that would count as one then?😂

Your metic and why I asked it first. Just to watch the pivot again. 

now back on your crusade which you clearly have an agenda no matter what is presented to you. 

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Your metic and why I asked it first. Just to watch the pivot again. 

now back on your crusade which you clearly have an agenda no matter what is presented to you. 

My point is he makes little to no impact plays.

0 sacks. 1 INT. 7 tackles for loss. 0 forced fumbles. 0 fumble recoveries.

That 100 percent reflects what I'm saying .

I don't even know how it's humanly possible to play that many snaps in the middle of the defence and have those numbers

• Agree 4

4 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

My point is he makes little to no impact plays.

0 sacks. 1 INT. 7 tackles for loss. 0 forced fumbles. 0 fumble recoveries.

That 100 percent reflects what I'm saying .

I don't even know how it's humanly possible to play that many snaps in the middle of the defence and have those numbers

12 impact plays by YOUR DEFINITION of what an impact play is.

see I let you define what impact plays are and then gave you the numbers that are in your definition to prevent against this gaslighting right here. Time to find a different Hill. 

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

12 impact plays by YOUR DEFINITION of what an impact play is.

see I let you define what impact plays are and then gave you the numbers that are in your definition to prevent against this gaslighting right here. Time to find a different Hill. 

There's no different hill buddy.

what's the context of those plays?

How does that stack up against other linebackers?

and if you have that stat handy in which you said 12, please send it my way and link it here

31 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Pro bowl means nothing...Tyrod Taylor and Mac Jones were pro bowlers...😉

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.