Should the Bills extend Edmunds?

Victory Formation

Should the Bills extend Edmunds?  

333 members have voted

1. 1. What should we do with Edmunds?

• Extend him! He’s still young and developing, he will come stound!
    • Let him walk after his contract is up, he sucks!
    • Trade Edmunds for picks in the 2022 & 2023 draft!

Was there ever a player more polarizing on this Bills roster than Edmund has been in the last 2-3 years? I have a love hate relationship with him. On one hand I love him as a coverage guy, he truly flashes elite potential there but I am absolutely sick and tired of this guy shooting the wrong gaps. Is his lack of production there simply a product of a really soft McD/Leslie Frazier defense? I mean, how can he shoot any gaps when our coaches have him 20 yds off the ball?

Ultimately I like Edmunds at a price. I do think we should keep him at say $10M-$11M. Give him a contract in the neighborhood of what Milano got and I’m happy with it. Anything more than that then they should just trade him and at least get something for him. 

What are your thoughts Bills fans? Should we extend him? Trade him? Or let him walk?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

48 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Was there ever a player more polarizing on this Bills roster than Edmund has been in the last 2-3 years? I have a love hate relationship with him. On one hand I love him as a coverage guy, he truly flashes elite potential there but I am absolutely sick and tired of this guy shooting the wrong gaps. Is his lack of production there simply a product of a really soft McD/Leslie Frazier defense? I mean, how can he shoot any gaps when our coaches have him 20 yds off the ball?

Ultimately I like Edmunds at a price. I do think we should keep him at say $10M-$11M. Give him a contract in the neighborhood of what Milano got and I’m happy with it. Anything more than that then they should just trade him and at least get something for him. 

What are your thoughts Bills fans? Should we extend him? Trade him? Or let him walk?

Depends on what kind of money he wants

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I have an idea. Pay him $400k for every TFL he gets. That will save some money. My bad, I forgot he's a glorified CB. Trade him and get as much picks as you can.

Paying him for tackles for a loss would violate federal minimum wage laws. 

• Haha (+1) 31
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

His agent would laugh at 10 or 11 million a year. His ceiling is high in a different system. The comparable LBs are making 15+ and are 5 yes older.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

As much as it pains me to say this. I think they extend him…maybe not break the bank but they extend him. They’ve invested a lot of time into him and they don’t have someone waiting in the wings to replace him. It would just create another hole. 

I’m comfortable with keeping Edmunds and trading for an elite down lineman. Whether it be another inside guy to play next to Ed Oliver or defensive end. 

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

1 minute ago, stevestojan said:

Move him to outside so he doesn't have to think because obviously he always makes the wrong choice.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Saint Doug said:

I want a LB that can take over a game. I doubt we’re in a great position to get such a player, but Edmonds definitely isn’t it. Average player when we need an excellent or elite one. 

I just want an LB who doesn’t draw out the “WTF was he doing on that play?” response from even passive football fans. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think we extend him, it's pretty clear they like what he does on D (which is different than other LBs on other teams, blah, blah, blah).  Not sure where I stand, will need to look at the FA list.  Regardless, if they do re-up, obvi they should not break the bank to do so.  Milano's at ~$10M, top 10 LB money is $16.6M+.   Where will Edmunds land?  ~$13M - $14M?  And is that not breaking the bank? 🤣

Looking at numbers here fwiw:  https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/linebacker/

I do appreciate the fan opinion "that he sucks", but we should "trade him for picks in the 22 & 23 drafts"! 🤔. :beer: 

Edited by Heitz
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Gunner said:

Move him to outside so he doesn't have to think because obviously he always makes the wrong choice.

McD is too stubborn to ever move him outside. I personally think he would thrive there. McD is going to die on that hill trying to turn Tremaine into Keuchly. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

I think he can be a very good player in a different system. A defense more focused on attack than coverage. That being said if Buffalo wants to continue with its current scheme I'd trade him or let his contract run out his final year and see if the light bulb finally turns on.

He's still very young. Hey? Where have I heard that before.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsbackto81 said:

I think he can be a very good player in a different system. A defense more focused on attack than coverage. That being said if Buffalo wants to continue with its current scheme I'd trade him or let his contract run out his final year and see if the light bulb finally turns on.

He's still very young. Hey? Where have I heard that before.

I agree he would be better in an attacking style defence,  perhaps the Jets would give us their second rounder. 

• Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.