Gabriel Davis on GMFB

YoloinOhio

Jameson Williams, from Bama, is the receiver I would take where the Bills are picking in the first round. 
In the second round, I like Wan’dale Robinson from Kentucky. 
I could be talked into CB, DL, WR in the first where the Bills are picking. I think interior olineman are better value picks in the 2-5 rounds. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

2 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Or how about this?  A round 1 WR!!!!  It can happen…we really can draft more than defense in the first you know…

But why would we waste a first on another WR?  We have Diggs and Davis set as the top 2 guys next year.  Our offense is not why the season is over right now.  Sign another FA if need be at WR, or take one in another round.  Can't see any reason why we would take one in the first when Davis is heading into his third year and looking like he is about to be a major breakout.

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Josh called the ankle breaker route. Things we don't always know as fans. Elite QB's do so much more than we even know. Daboll is probably having success because of Allen.

Yup Josh made Daboll.  That is why Bill didn't fight to keep him in NE, and Saban didn't fight to keep him in Alabama...I always thought that was weird and then we get him and he turns out to be better then sliced bread.  We all know that is because of Josh.  Daboll wont last 3 years with the G men.

29 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But why would we waste a first on another WR?  We have Diggs and Davis set as the top 2 guys next year.  Our offense is not why the season is over right now.  Sign another FA if need be at WR, or take one in another round.  Can't see any reason why we would take one in the first when Davis is heading into his third year and looking like he is about to be a major breakout.

Why would we keep drafting DEs?  You have to be fair and see it both ways. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

22 years old. More TD catches in a playoff game than any other WR in nfl history. There are like 18 guys tied with 3. And they said he couldn’t run a whole route tree. 4th rd pick. Either Beane or chad hall is a genius, or both. 

Humble  Talented.  Team oriented.  Love players like him.  

19 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

round one the Buffalo Bills select ... Jahan Dotson WR Penn State

Sorry, bigger needs are on defense.  CB with speed or Edge rusher with speed and power.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, stosh64 said:

Gabe has benefitted from learning and growing behind some of the best.  Diggs, Manny Sanders, even John Brown have been excellent teachers.  Gabe wasn't forced in before he was ready, it was really the perfect way to bring in a WR.

I hope Stevenson progresses, I had a lot of optimism very early in the season that he could be our speed guy, a burner to fill Hills role, now I'm not as optimistic.  Marquez looked pretty bad returning the ball, no vision, no moves and he didn't 'look' as fast as they said he was (4.37 40 time, however 4.45 40 @ combine)  I still have some hope but it is tempered a lot.

I feel we still need a burner through the draft (whether McKenzie gets re-signed or not. Preferably a TALL speed guy.

If you want one of those Valdez-Scantling might end up on the market for less than what Sanders was making. 🤷‍♂️ 

Its gonna be interesting to see how Beane approaches the draft and FA. 

35 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Why would we keep drafting DEs?  You have to be fair and see it both ways. 

Who said we are drafting a DE?  But we need a CB given we don’t know Tre’s recovery or Levi’s future as a FA…possibly a LB if they don’t intend to extend Edmunds, and Star’s likely replacement.  

We also need OL help too.  Plenty of pieces are higher on the list than WR and DE.  

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would - IF - he were BPA.

Otherwise, I'd welcome a speedy grab and go type. Someone who catches that crossing route in stride and turns it up field running past/through the coverage.

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Drafting Gabe was an extremely big hit for Beane and his team.

I hope like hell that they find another Day 3 WR in this year's draft!

My suggestion (well, I am a homer): Erik Ezukanma (Texas Tech)

4 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Because that's what everyone thought as the Bills gave up a tying FG with 13 seconds left on the clock or let Mahomes drive the field for the win in OT.

"If only we had a better receiver!"

You have a stud QB.  You give him weapons.  Period.  Don’t act like the Bills couldn’t use a WR who can take a 10 yard crosser to the house.  They can and should find one. They need some sudden athletes on both sides of the rock.

Edited by purple haze

4 hours ago, Doc said:

I remember being amazed by Eric Moulds' 9 catch 240 yard 1 TD performance against the Dols in the 1998 playoffs.  This was better.

I just can't. Even with Moulds fumble. I still give the nod to Moulds, logic does not prevail for me here. I was a huge Moulds fan. 

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Didn't get the impression Diggs was thrilled about how the passing action unfolded in KC.

If Diggs wasn't happy with our passing game on Sunday, that's his problem. The passing game could not possibly have been better. The pass blocking, sure. Run game, yes. Play calling on two critical drives, absolutely. But the QB and pass catchers could not have performed better. Adding more pass catchers doesn't bridge the gap to the Chiefs. We need a nasty DLman that can bring Mahomes down when he has his hands on him. And a speedy CB. And a MLB with fundamental instincts. The offense could come back with the exact same personnel next year and be far and away the best in the league if Allen keeps playing like that. The defense still isn't good enough to keep us out of a shootout. Until they are, keep adding to it.

Edited by HappyDays

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Josh called the ankle breaker route. Things we don't always know as fans. Elite QB's do so much more than we even know. Daboll is probably having success because of Allen.

Agree. I believe Daboll had botched a few games including taking the ball out of Allen’s hands after we held to a FG and they missed 

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If Diggs wasn't happy with our passing game on Sunday, that's his problem. The passing game could not possibly have been better. The pass blocking, sure. Run game, yes. Play calling on two critical drives, absolutely. But the QB and pass catchers could not have performed better. Adding more pass catchers doesn't bridge the gap to the Chiefs. We need a nasty DLman that can bring Mahomes down when he has his hands on him. And a speedy CB. And a MLB with fundamental instincts. The offense could come back with the exact same personnel next year and be far and away the best in the league if Allen keeps playing like that. The defense still isn't good enough to keep us out of a shootout. Until they are, keep adding to it.

Well that kinda' attitude from the team probably wouldn't be appreciated seeing how Diggs didn't force the Bills to cut him a new contract and has played thru injury to be in all 38 games as a Bill and run a ton of short and painful routes to earn his pay the last couple years.   

Davis was injured and inconsistent for much of this season.....he's missed 6 games in two years and was too hampered to contribute much in others.........then didn't get vaxed and missed the biggest regular season game of the year in NE.............then he gets all the glory in the playoff game while Diggs ends up looking like the "decoy" that Bills fans once called Sammy Watkins.

I could see someone with a past history of getting irritated by perceived slights or unfairness feeling a little put out by that.

Adding a big YAC guy to the slot position would serve to help Diggs get back to putting up big YPR numbers again and likely staying healthier in the process.    

As for all of the needs you are talking about...........defensively there are more ways than one to do a better job against the Chiefs...........but it's likely you won't be able to hold them under 35 in Arrowhead in a playoff game either way.    

The Bills scored TD's on 10 straight drives in the past 3 games.........with some additions the potential is there to be the first team to average 38 points per game in an NFL season if they can add some YAC/speed/quickness to their unit in 2022.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.