Mic'd up: Kelce outsmarted McDermott/Frazier

beebe

37 minutes ago, Process said:

Our safeties were 40 yards down the field.

A complete choke job by the coaching staff.

And they rushed 4. Obada is right there. He or another lineman should try to push Kelce over right off the snap then stand at the 5 yard line in case Mahomes tries to scramble. 

Edited by Rock-A-Bye Beasley

#93 on the Bills Obada is lined up right near Kelce on the 2nd play. All he has to do is slightly get in his way or actually hit him within the 5 yards and either Kelce doesn't catch that ball or he does but there is no time left.   Instead he takes off on a fruitless pursuit of Mahomes! All because our bozo coaches instructed the Defense to rush 4 and even if the players thought that was a bad plan, they couldnt deviate from it. So frustrating to watch how easy that was for Mahomes and Kelce. The Bills player who tackles him is at least 5 yards away from Kelce when he catches it.  The Chiefs players and their fans must be laughing their asses off at our utter stupidity and caution on both those plays. Sickening!

Edited by Livinginthepast
  • Like (+1) 4

THis is exactly why it was the biggest loss in Buffalo sports history. The ending was totally preventable and just cost the city its first championship.

Allen's contract kicks in next year so not nearly the same amount of money to spend on FAs

They will have to relearn 1 if not 2 different systems next year

Jerry Hughes will be gone

Beasley and/or McKenzie will be gone

They will never be that healthy again going into an AFC Championship game

• Like (+1) 1

i still can't decide if i think it was all on mcd, who simply thought kc was out of timeouts, or on frazier, who isn't the sharpest tool in the drawer and thinks having a back up plan is a bad idea, is who is most responsible for this horrible display.

i suppose it is possible that jonny details, our head coach, got so lost in the details he couldn't see the full picture and decided to call a guaranteed FG allowing d to stop a potential TD, but even after this abortion of an ending i think that's just too much.  

• Like (+1) 1

I'll say it again.  It's not just the fact that they kicked a 49 yard FG starting at the 25 with 13 seconds to go, it was that it was so damn easy.  I was worried about Butker being jacked up and hitting a 60 yard FG, or maybe Mahones pulls an Eli Manning and does a Houdini escape and makes a pass to a KC receiver who makes a David Tyree catch.  Nope.  Nothing.  Two plays where the Bills seem to be protecting against a TD and not a FG and give up 20 and 25 yards with basically no resistance.  Insanity!!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, st pete gogolak said:

I'll say it again.  It's not just the fact that they kicked a 49 yard FG starting at the 25 with 13 seconds to go, it was that it was so damn easy.  I was worried about Butker being jacked up and hitting a 60 yard FG, or maybe Mahones pulls an Eli Manning and does a Houdini escape and makes a pass to a KC receiver who makes a David Tyree catch.  Nope.  Nothing.  Two plays where the Bills seem to be protecting against a TD and not a FG and give up 20 and 25 yards with basically no resistance.  Insanity!!

Exactly! There was basically ZERO pressure or resistance. We let them complete 2 passes without even challenging them. 

Just now, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

I think McDermott knows it was on him/coaching.  Not that it does anything, the coaching screwed the pooch, its hard to accept

I agree. He kept talking about execution in his pc today. I think this was his way of saying that the coaches blew it. I feel so bad for Allen. Litterally won the game and then the coaches let him down

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Steptide said:

I agree. He kept talking about execution in his pc today. I think this was his way of saying that the coaches blew it. I feel so bad for Allen. Litterally won the game and then the coaches let him down

His way of saying the coaches blew it sounds a lot like someone saying the players blew it. 

One thing that just dawned on me that I can't believe I didn't think about before...

When Kelce makes that catch, he is racing down field -- in no way trying to give himself up. It isn't until Wallace comes up and tackles him is desperation that he calls a timeout, which gives the Chiefs 3 seconds left to set up the field goal. What if Wallace DOES NOT make that tackle? With our safeties playing so deep, I wonder if Kelce would have allowed those last 3 seconds to tick down in a vane attempt to make it to the end zone?

Edited by 2003Contenders
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

I think McDermott knows it was on him/coaching.  Not that it does anything, the coaching screwed the pooch, its hard to accept

You mean the same Sean McDermott who has never admitted he's done anything wrong? That guy? Last year we're all screaming during the afccg, for the love of god jam this mother f er at the line. And we didn't. This year does Sean learn from his mistakes,  NO.  I'm telling you it will never be Sean's character,  culture or process that loses you a game. It will be his ineptitude in close game management situations. We saw it in Houston. We saw it last year and it reared it's ugly head last Sunday. Do you see a playoff pattern here?

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

On the Kelce play, they could have done the everyone hold the WR thing to waste some time and take a 5 yard penalty which would have left them with one play.   I  think McD probably thought that was bush league but they are probably getting ready for Cinci if they did it.

It's a penalty to commit multiple fouls in an effort to subvert the clock, and the refs will put the time back on the clock.  

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

You mean the same Sean McDermott who has never admitted he's done anything wrong? That guy? Last year we're all screaming during the afccg, for the love of god jam this mother f er at the line. And we didn't. This year does Sean learn from his mistakes,  NO.  I'm telling you it will never be Sean's character,  culture or process that loses you a game. It will be his ineptitude in close game management situations. We saw it in Houston. We saw it last year and it reared it's ugly head last Sunday. Do you see a playoff pattern here?

In media he won't admit his faults, but I 100% believe in front of the team he does. I think McDermott does everythjng possible to avoid distraction in the outside world, but in the building I think it's a different story. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.