Mic'd up: Kelce outsmarted McDermott/Frazier

beebe

11 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

I will NEVER watch that game again.  I can't do it.  Even though it was the game Cementing Josh Allen as the best of the best.  

I tried but I throw up watching those two pass plays during final 13 secs,  I just cannot believe what I am watching.  If you were not a fan of either team you would think this game was rigged,  it cannot be possible for an NFL level coach to be that stupid 

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

It was one one the worse meltdowns in years,  he screwed up bad.  Like why did he not just go up to Bass himself and instruct him to do pop up or squid kick,  this BS of first telling the special teams coach who then never told Bass sounds like a coverup. 

sjlgwdV.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Key word is multiple. If we do this once they don’t have 3 seconds to kick the fg

Here are all the key words.  You don't get one free down to tackle all their receivers.  

ARTICLE 3. INTENTIONAL FOULS TO MANIPULATE GAME CLOCK

A team may not commit multiple fouls during the same down in an attempt to manipulate the game clock.

Penalty: For multiple fouls to run off time from the game clock: Loss of 15 yards, and the game clock will be reset to where it was at the snap. After the penalty is enforced, the game clock will start on the next snap.

• Agree 1

I don't think the coaches said, don't watch, Kelce.... Our defense was just shot, period.

As long as I watch football, I'll never understand how great players go uncovered through out NFL history but it happens again and again and unfortunately again. At least we're not the only ones.....

Does misery love company! 
Yes.

• Agree 1

It's a lot more complicated that this.

The reason McDermott lost the chess game is because his corner played the wrong leverage. It wasn't play selection.

The shell lineup is a disguise, and Kelce is supposed to think that the middle is going to be open. If it's an actual shell, the safeties stay closer to the deep middle and the corners are off on the outside to keep the play in front. When the ay actually develops, the safeties rotate to the outside and the corners are supposed to play the inside. The idea with 8 seconds left there is that Mahomes isn't going to be able to change the read and will either have to throw it away or throw into the double coverage.

What's supposed to happen instead is that Wallace is supposed to play inside leverage and funnel Mahomes' pre-snap read toward the safety help so Mahomes either has to throw it into the double coverage or throw it away and go for the hail mary. Instead what happens is that Levi plays the outside and there's no help in the middle.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

McD timeout directly allowed Kelce to improvise and beat the coverage and design he saw pre timeout. Not changing coverage or jamming at line or rolling help while keeping 4 defenders 50yrs away is inexcusable. McD was scared from Hill TD earlier and directly helped them setup the backyard play. It’s mind boggling bad 

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, Process said:

We weren't defending against a 20 yard play. We were trying to stop the 90 yard hail mary. 

Everyone is desperately trying to find an explanation. I get it.... It still hurts....but there is none. The coaches choked.

58 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

The lack of attention to detail here is simply astounding.

And while Kelce may go down as the best TE in NFL history when it's all said and done there's simply no excuse to not double or even triple team him and force someone else to beat you.

Did nobody watch the Rams game?  The Buccaneers defended against the shorter throws and Kupp cooked them over the top.  If Kelce had been bracketed, you’d have Hardman and Hill to deal with over the top.  Your Safeties are great, but they can’t run with those guys.  If your strategy is to force Hill to beat you, you’re gonna have a bad time.

3 hours ago, beebe said:

The video confirms some of the postgame quotes we saw. The Bills timeouts did indeed help the Chiefs. By the way, Kelce didn't speak very quietly even with Addison sitting right there? 

And Mahomes barking out his name, as if to say, "Cover him!" It's kinda wild. 

infuriating….no clue what happened there 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, zow2 said:

I don't even think i can watch this.  

I came to read the comments. I don’t have it in me yet to click play.

A buddy texted me today, “check out the coverage on this play”. I couldn’t do it. Just

sort of feels like trying to throw out your ex’s stuff when you have a blind sided break up. Just can’t do it yet. 

My rebound chick is FA and cap management.

As far as I am concerned the SB is over. It was played Sunday night. The two best teams of maybe the last decade just beat the shirt out of each other for 4.5 quarters. The best over all defense in the league through 17 weeks vs. the best defense through the back half of the season. Neither could slow down the top 2 QB’s on the planet for 4.5 hours.

Everything else is basically WWE marketing and promo material as far as I am concerned. 

I can’t relive the heart break yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, y2zipper said:

It's a lot more complicated that this.

The reason McDermott lost the chess game is because his corner played the wrong leverage. It wasn't play selection.

The shell lineup is a disguise, and Kelce is supposed to think that the middle is going to be open. If it's an actual shell, the safeties stay closer to the deep middle and the corners are off on the outside to keep the play in front. When the ay actually develops, the safeties rotate to the outside and the corners are supposed to play the inside. The idea with 8 seconds left there is that Mahomes isn't going to be able to change the read and will either have to throw it away or throw into the double coverage.

What's supposed to happen instead is that Wallace is supposed to play inside leverage and funnel Mahomes' pre-snap read toward the safety help so Mahomes either has to throw it into the double coverage or throw it away and go for the hail mary. Instead what happens is that Levi plays the outside and there's no help in the middle.

I think this is exactly right and what McD meant by “execution.”

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

I know McDermott isn’t as seasoned as Reid, but damn.  This is ridiculous.  I didn’t know that he called two TOs on that drive and did not adjust or change alignments either time.  Wow. 

He and Frazier had them JUST where they wanted them!

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Let's be honest here.

McDermott is no match for Reid.

McDermott is playing checkers while Reid is playing chess

He's playing plinko while Reid is playing go/weichi....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, beebe said:

Video also confirms Orlovsky's analysis of the play from yesterday.

Anyone notice Addison being a QB Spy with 13 secs in the game? This is getting worse by the day.

34 minutes ago, Billl said:

Did nobody watch the Rams game?  The Buccaneers defended against the shorter throws and Kupp cooked them over the top.  If Kelce had been bracketed, you’d have Hardman and Hill to deal with over the top.  Your Safeties are great, but they can’t run with those guys.  If your strategy is to force Hill to beat you, you’re gonna have a bad time.

Easy way to cover that. 2 man front 9 in coverage just like Parcells and Belicheck did to us in Super Bowl 25.

3 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

The coaches put our safeties 40 yards down field, who was covering Kelce? Or who's assignment was it to cover Kelce? 

Nobody was covering 1 guy everyone was protecting from a TD it’s obvious. McD choose to defend the end zone which was like a 1% chance to score from 75yds with 13 secs left in the game. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.