Harrison Phillips Didn't Know the Bills were 0-6 in One-Score Games?!?

theRalph

Harrison Phillips is a very intelligent, well-spoken man. His presser is great...he is so real.

Which makes it all the more remarkable that, when questioned by John Wawrow (AP), Harrison was not aware the Bills were 0-6 in one score games. Are you shiiiiting me???  I'm sure many fans—me included— have spent a lot of the season worried about this very thing....starting with the week one loss. It was a trend early on, with a L-W-L-W-L-W pattern in the middle of the season that saw the Bills unable to win close games. Hell, they even let the shhiiiitty teams stay close at the end of the season...but ended up blowing them out. 

That this team has an intelligent player such as Horrible Harry that is unaware of a blatantly obvious and telling stat makes me wonder about the level of "5000 foot view"  awareness that's lost when a player or coach is nose-to-the-ground grinding all season.  

What a silly question....they didn't even know enough to keep 17 off the phuuucking ManningCast.

Edited by theRalph
  • Eyeroll 2

When you have basically only blowout wins and close losses it is more a reflection of bad luck than anything else.  6 games is in no way shape or form a statistically significant sample size (most agree its more like 100 events, but some say more like 30).  Flip a coin 6 times and there is a decent chance you may get heads 6 times or tails 6 times.  Toss it 100 times and you are going to get something like somewhere between 35-65 split almost every time.

Players care about wins and losses, not by how much.  That's for fans to nitpick about.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, theRalph said:

Harrison Phillips is a very intelligent, well-spoken man. His presser is great...he is so real.

Which makes it all the more remarkable that, when questioned by John Wawrow (AP), Harrison was not aware the Bills were 0-6 in one score games. Are you shiiiiting me???  I'm sure many fans—me included— have spent a lot of the season worried about this very thing....starting with the week one loss. It was a trend early on, with a L-W-L-W-L-W pattern in the middle of the season that saw the Bills unable to win close games. Hell, they even let the shhiiiitty teams stay close at the end of the season...but ended up blowing them out. 

That this team has an intelligent player such as Horrible Harry that is unaware of a blatantly obvious and telling stat makes me wonder about the level of "5000 foot view"  awareness that's lost when a player or coach is nose-to-the-ground grinding all season.  

What a silly question....they didn't even know enough to keep 17 off the phuuucking ManningCast.

The past record in one score games is likely rather inconsequential to a DT.  

As is the ManningCast superstition nonsense.

Neither changes how they have to do their job.

I am somewhat familiar with this concept having been involved in industries over the years where things often get extremely over-analyzed by outsiders and they find it surprising when I don't pay any attention at all to noise and irrelevant information.   

• Agree 2

I find this surprising but not sure it affects much.  I remember when Tanneyhill was a rookie on Hard Knocks......they were explain to him divisions and conferences and how the NFL is structured.  He has NO CLUE.  At one point they were talking about how the CHargers would be good that year and he was not sure if they were AFC/NFC or in his division.

1 minute ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

I find this surprising but not sure it affects much.  I remember when Tanneyhill was a rookie on Hard Knocks......they were explain to him divisions and conferences and how the NFL is structured.  He has NO CLUE.  At one point they were talking about how the CHargers would be good that year and he was not sure if they were AFC/NFC or in his division.

lol at the name change...

53 minutes ago, theRalph said:

Why would it matter? A loss is a loss. Doesn't matter to them how close the game was. This doesn't make you play any differently in close games than in blowouts.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.