Future is bright here! Andy Reid "couldn't win the big games" now he's about to coach in his 4th Super Bowl

TheFunPolice

Ask Red Sox or Cubs fans - after you finally do win it all everything after that is not quite as fulfilling as the journey it takes to get to that point. The Bills are still a young team. Enjoy the journey. The ups and the downs. Then when we finally do win one it will be that much more special. A young Bills team lost the AFC championship game to the Bengals in 1988. As we all know now, that was just the beginning

I'm not understanding all this Mc Dermott hate.  We had how many coaches between levy and Mc Dermott?  9 coaches including short term after firings

(Wade Phillips, Gregg Williams, Mike Mularkey, Dick Jauron, Perry Fewell*, Chan Gailey, Doug Marrone, Rex Ryan, Anthony Lynn* ) most of our seasons were done by Thanksgiving. 

Please stop B*TCHING and enjoy this non retread coach who has made 3 playoff appearances in 4 years. 

Stop acting like a bunch of ungrateful Ash holes.    Even the great Billicheat  & Brady had  lapses in the playoffs.  

This Dynasty is just getting started.  Have faith.

Andy Reid went to 4 Straight NFC Championship before he got into the SUPERBOWL and lost. 

He goes to KC and does not get to the Superbowl until 2018

I BELLIEVE IN BEAN & MC DERMOTT. 

LETS GO BUFFALO

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Ask Red Sox or Cubs fans - after you finally do win it all everything after that is not quite as fulfilling as the journey it takes to get to that point. The Bills are still a young team. Enjoy the journey. The ups and the downs. Then when we finally do win one it will be that much more special. A young Bills team lost the AFC championship game to the Bengals in 1988. As we all know now, that was just the beginning

is this an analogy for "character building"...? I mean Yeah I understand what you are saying but ...and here's the But....I selfishly want to experience it and not posthumously if u know what I mean. 🙂

GO BILLS

m

Edited by muppy

4 hours ago, Niagara Dude said:

No question he screwed up and it cost us,  some people are banking that it will be easy to return to the position we were in Sunday and don't see how things were falling into place to finally win a Super Bowl.  Not going to be easy in coming years with all the great young QB's in the AFC,  teams are improving and were not able to add top end talent because of drafting position and salary cap.

No season is easy.  Everyone also acting like winning 2 more in a row is a "given", are also delusional.  

Bengals are a very good team, they will give the Chiefs a battle and already beat them (like we did).  Both SF and the Rams have well rounded teams, great coaching. Both of them have super bowl caliber bluechip talent, and been to recent super bowls.

I think we still lack premier front 4 players. If you look back at recent super bowls, then you'll see each team has had at least someone to wreak havoc.  I hope Beane realizes that 6 or 7 B-grade players at DL, is not the same as 1-2 A listers and hoping to avoid injury.  If I had to do one thing, it's to stop investing in the combination of 2-3 Vernon Butlers, Trent Murphys, Mario Addisons, etc each season and instead spend that on a single player.  More risky, but we have the cheaper contracted players in Groot, Boogie, and AJ for the next couple years.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

No season is easy.  Everyone also acting like winning 2 more in a row is a "given", are also delusional.  

Bengals are a very good team, they will give the Chiefs a battle and already beat them (like we did).  Both SF and the Rams have well rounded teams, great coaching. Both of them have super bowl caliber bluechip talent, and been to recent super bowls.

I think we still lack premier front 4 players. If you look back at recent super bowls, then you'll see each team has had at least someone to wreak havoc.  I hope Beane realizes that 6 or 7 B-grade players at DL, is not the same as 1-2 A listers and hoping to avoid injury.  If I had to do one thing, it's to stop investing in the combination of 2-3 Vernon Butlers, Trent Murphys, Mario Addisons, etc each season and instead spend that on a single player.  More risky, but we have the cheaper contracted players in Groot, Boogie, and AJ for the next couple years.

I think we had enough to beat any of the teams remaining. I do agree that we still need better talent on defensive side 

I moved to Philadelphia in 1999 and lived there until 2009. I saw most of the Andy Reid/ McNabb era in their home market first hand.

Reid took a bad and backwards franchise and turned it around in pretty quick time, just like McDermott has here in Buffalo. McDermott and Frazier were a part of those teams btw.

He got grilled and beat up in his time with the Eagles. Philadelphia went from bad, to a playoff team, to a team that made 4 consecutive NFC Championship games in a row and lost 3 of them. Reid was terrible at game management, clock management, time outs, challenges (when they became a thing). Reid didn't run the ball enough. Reid put too much on McNabb. He took his lumps. He was an OC with a questionable offense because his GM kept drafting the other side of the ball. He got to a Super Bowl and lost.

McDermott looks like the defensive version of Andy Reid. Andy Reid was born of the fires of Philadelphia. He became one of the best HC in the NFL because of it.

McDermott may need a better DC, who can get a more aggressive defensive approach to the game than Frazier. Maybe the talent is there but the defense is not responding. We have spent enough draft capital on defense. Reid had Jim Johnson. If Daboll goes, McDermott needs to keep Dorsey in house and develop a more balanced offense, or get an offensive stud OC.

The HC creates the environment, the culture, the strategy and vision. McDermott has that, I am sure of it. 4 of 5 seasons the Bills have have gone to the playoffs. He may need stronger assistants, or a better talent evaluator. He has much to learn still. The last game shows us that, but where was his ST coach or DC in making the decisions in the last half minute of the game last Sunday? It sounds like McDermott delegated those responsibilities and his team failed. He refuses to call them out. That is a leader.

McDermott is not perfect. At some time a Dungy to Chucky change may be needed, but we are not there yet.

The evolution of Reid from busted HC to football genius did not happen over night.

7 hours ago, MJS said:

I think Bills fans should go seek out some comments from other fanbases and national sources. Bills fans are demoralized after the loss, but this was a game that amazed everyone outside of Buffalo. Here are some fun comments that I found on highlight videos from the game:

"This game was insane! Both teams crushed it and should be proud. Definitely one that we will all probably keep going back to and rewatching."

"There’s no doubt that these two Quarterbacks will meet each other again in the postseason. What a heck of a game!"

"I’m not even a bills or a chiefs fan but this was an amazing game. I felt so sorry for Allen after the bills lost. Gonna be an exciting rivalry"

"I’m a jag fan, but this had to be the best week of football I’ve seen in a long time…hats off to all the teams and Josh Allen keep ya head up..you may have lost the game but you won everyone’s respect💯"

"This is the new Brady vs Manning. The best QB duel I've ever seen, incredible play from both Mahomes and Allen. Sad there could only be one winner in this game!"

"The new brady vs manning rivalry has been born for these two future greats in 2022. This one will be an all time great playoff game to be remembered LITERALLY FOREVER. It was like watching a 26 year old Goku Mahomes against a 25 year old Vegeta Allen 🔥 and for Patrick to stop everything he was doing post game to go hug Josh is what makes this generation of AFC QB1s perhaps the greatest of the past 15 years. Congrats to both organizations, DEFINITELY miss Sean McD in Carolina and Andy Reid is the most celebrated coach not named bellich on the game today, hopefully buffalo will get a ring in the near future as dominant as KC has been."

"This game is game of the year. The Super Bowl won’t be this exciting. Amazing job to both teams."

The praise doesn't end. Everyone loved the game. Everyone is in love with Allen and Mahomes and excited to see this rivalry going forward. It all hurts as Bills fans, but this is not the end. This is only the beginning. Allen AGAIN found a way to up his game and take it to an entirely different level. Next year we're getting the 1 seed and this game will be played in Orchard Park.

The praise from elsewhere is nothing but words, and empty ones at that. Pointless and meaningless. So what? We played on the greatest game ever and have nothing to show for it because yet again we decide to balls (bills?) it up in the dying seconds via horrible defensive play. 

This was our moment, everything was falling into place from the results of week 17 onwards (except perhaps the Bengals losing), unlike last year in the AFCCG our offense and Josh were on fire and yet again it wasn’t enough. All the platitudes, praise, ‘greatest game ever’ plaudits - the fact is we didn’t do enough.

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Look...it's too early to move on from McDermott...so not suggesting that by any stretch...

But by the same token... Don't just shrug this off and think we will automatically be in the SB next season or the year after .. sports don't work that way..

New Orleans had a pair of devastating losses in the playoffs  recently, and now their window is closed again without making it back... I'm sure the Panthers thought they would be back after going 15-1...

yes different teams ... Josh Allen is Jesus etc...but...plenty of good teams in sports  take backward steps for a number of reasons...

Just making the point that you cant take getting back to this same position for granted... So it is an opportunity lost..

8 hours ago, Evian said:

I will take the bet he never gets this team to a Superbowl.  I could care less about your record unless you win a Superbowl it is meaningless.

The only thing that will keep Josh Allen from winning a Superbowl is Sean McDermott.  Get a real coach and we will win multiple Superbowls. Keep the Clapper as our headcoach and we will never win a Superbowl.

'Couldn't care less.'

1 hour ago, Sweats said:

Yeah, that's Reid, who's been a coach forever, however, QB's have a much smaller window and shorter football lifespan.

Also.........**** Reid

Also, Reid's personal career arc has absolutely nothing to do with the Bills moving forward.

So there's that.

8 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Look...it's too early to move on from McDermott...so not suggesting that by any stretch...

But by the same token... Don't just shrug this off and think we will automatically be in the SB next season or the year after .. sports don't work that way..

New Orleans had a pair of devastating losses in the playoffs  recently, and now their window is closed again without making it back... I'm sure the Panthers thought they would be back after going 15-1...

yes different teams ... Josh Allen is Jesus etc...but...plenty of good teams in sports  take backward steps for a number of reasons...

Just making the point that you cant take getting back to this same position for granted... So it is an opportunity lost..

Look at Dan Marino!  I would imagine Miami Dolphins fans (all 17 of them) thought they had a bunch of Super Bowls in their future too when they got a hold of that cowboy.

And he took the team to the Super Bowl right away in his second season.  They lost, and he never went back again in a 17 season career.

Can't take anything for granted.

21 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Disagree on that.  I'm OK with more than 3 coaches in 50 years.

Bills fans have an irrational fear of coaching changes because we have made a thousand of them in our history, and almost all of them were horrible decisions.  😂

That doesn't mean a coaching change has to be inherently feared or somehow bad moving forward.

Of course not. But doesn’t it say something about an organization when they’re so stable and consistently competitive they don’t NEED to be shuffling schemes and staffs 2-3 times every decade?

I’m not saying stand by your man no matter what. I’m saying hit on the right guy and your team will weather the ups and downs and make the playoffs more often than not, and that’s the key. Just get to the dance and see what happens. 

So far, we have that with Sean. Not saying he’s another Bill Cowher or Chuck Noll, but so far he is taking the early steps on that trajectory. I don’t know much about Noll or Cowher’s overall careers but I feel comfortable saying they had plenty of regrettable playoff exits and “missed executions” in their time. 

Edited by jimmy10

17 hours ago, BBills_88 said:

I'm not understanding all this Mc Dermott hate.  We had how many coaches between levy and Mc Dermott?  9 coaches including short term after firings

(Wade Phillips, Gregg Williams, Mike Mularkey, Dick Jauron, Perry Fewell*, Chan Gailey, Doug Marrone, Rex Ryan, Anthony Lynn* ) most of our seasons were done by Thanksgiving. 

Please stop B*TCHING and enjoy this non retread coach who has made 3 playoff appearances in 4 years. 

Stop acting like a bunch of ungrateful Ash holes.    Even the great Billicheat  & Brady had  lapses in the playoffs.  

This Dynasty is just getting started.  Have faith.

Andy Reid went to 4 Straight NFC Championship before he got into the SUPERBOWL and lost. 

He goes to KC and does not get to the Superbowl until 2018

I BELLIEVE IN BEAN & MC DERMOTT. 

LETS GO BUFFALO

Some people have standards higher than: be happy not sucking.

This post is the life equivalent of bragging about living in a double wide after just being in a single side trailer for so long. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.