Chief Fans Make Donations to Childrens Hospital

BuffaloBillyG

14 hours ago, Comebackkid said:

read the article

Brett Fitzgerald, who first posted the idea on Facebook, originally had the idea to donate in $13 to Patrick Mahomes’ foundation, but after hearing from a friend that Bills Mafia usually donates to other team’s charities, he decided to change it to Oishei Children’s Hospital. He looked online and found out the hospital was the charity of choice for Josh Allen. He told News 4 in retrospect, he wish he had changed the donation amount to $17, so it didn’t seem like a jab.

And as it turns out, Oishei was the perfect place to give to for the guy who started it all. Brett Fitzgerald has a son who has autism and his family cares deeply for their local children’s hospital. He said Bills Mafia should feel honored they’ve started such an incredible trend of giving.

“The credit goes to Bills Mafia,” he said. “I’m just some guy who put something on the internet.”

damn...what an ass that guy is....  <  Sarcasm

Perfect, guy deserves applause. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billl said:

Just donated $17.  That makes donations of 17 and 13 which I’m sure I don’t have to tell you was the score of the 1924 game between the Buffalo Bison and the Akron Pros.  This was the first ever final score of 17-13 in professional football history.  It has happened 106 times since.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/game_scores_find.cgi?pts_win=17&pts_lose=13

OMG…thank you for this… Yes, how could ANY self-respecting fan of Buffalo pro football forget any one of the 11 magical games played between our Buffalo All-Americans and their rival Akron Pros??!!

In honor of the legendary 12/5/1920 meeting between Buffalo and Akron that ended in a 0-0 tie (and ultimately determined the champion of the league’s first season), I will be donating $0.00 to the charity of your choice.

• Haha (+1) 3

Im not sure what happened to some people here who are some how taking this negatively.  

How can something so positive thats going to help so many be seen as a negative?  If that is not a sign you take being a fan way too seriously than I dont know what is.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Steptide said:
This is pretty awesome

I'm glad it wasn't just a few Chiefs fans trying to be snarky. And I really like that the guy who started said he wished he'd made it 17 not 13... Either way, the average is over $18 per donation so there's a lot of good coming from this. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Motorin&#x27; said:

I'm glad it wasn't just a few Chiefs fans trying to be snarky. And I really like that the guy who started said he wished he'd made it 17 not 13... Either way, the average is over $18 per donation so there's a lot of good coming from this. 

I think it is great that Chiefs fan are donating so much money to a great cause.  But the $13 amount to represent the last 13 seconds of the game-- which it is, not a tribute to Gabe Davis-- is kind of dickish IMO, and not in keeping with how Bills Mafia does things. But that's just me.  I am glad to see the hospital take their money. 

21 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Im not sure what happened to some people here who are some how taking this negatively.  

How can something so positive thats going to help so many be seen as a negative?  If that is not a sign you take being a fan way too seriously than I dont know what is.  

Im sorry to report it is not just here that these donations are being disparaged.  I'm a member of the "Bills Mafia Babes" facebook site....buthurt over how snarky" it is  is posted often. I don't understand this thinking. SO WHAT if it could be seen as snarky THE KIDS WILL BENEFIT WAKE UP this is bigger than football!

This reminds me of a famous quote  "It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, then to talk and remove all doubt" Maurice Switzer

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Casey D said:

I think it is great that Chiefs fan are donating so much money to a great cause.  But the $13 amount to represent the last 13 seconds of the game-- which it is, not a tribute to Gabe Davis-- is kind of dickish IMO, and not in keeping with how Bills Mafia does things. But that's just me.  I am glad to see the hospital take their money. 

The original idea was to donate it to a hospital in Kansas City.  There was nothing mean spirited about celebrating a comeback with only 13 seconds left.  Then someone pointed out that Bills fans have a history of donating to charities of other fanbases so the decision was made to give the money to the hospital Josh is affiliated with.  

It's the definition of mocking and philanthropy at the same time.

14 minutes ago, muppy said:

Im sorry to report it is not just here that these donations are being disparaged.  I'm a member of the "Bills Mafia Babes" facebook site....buthurt over how snarky" it is  is posted often. I don't understand this thinking. SO WHAT if it could be seen as snarky THE KIDS WILL BENEFIT WAKE UP this is bigger than football!

This reminds me of a famous quote  "It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, then to talk and remove all doubt" Maurice Switzer

If I could hit the awesome emoticon a 1000 times on your post I would.  Well said...and its disgusting to be honest.  

Like grow up, stop being a whiney little child.  The Buffalo Bills lost, get over it...the KC fans did something classy to help the BUFALLO community and they literally said it was because of the respect they have for BILLS MAFIA doing the same for players on other teams too.  

The fact another teams fan base is taking notice of how impactful Bills Mafia has been in charity and wanting to do the same is amazing.  Someone has a problem with that, they should probably get therapy because they have other issues going on inside them.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It's the definition of mocking and philanthropy at the same time.

I think its more you guys didn't actually read the full story.  The $13 was originally to go to MAHOMES charity.  Bills fans would have done the same for Allens charity if the role was reversed.  

BUT...the person who started this suggestion noticed that Bills Mafia often does this thing for opponents charities in their home towns, so he decided that was awesome and wanted to do the same here for Josh Allen after his unbelievable performance giving the fans and NFL one of the best games anyone has ever seen.  

He openly admitted it didn't dawn on him to then change the $13 to $17 instead and wished he would have.  But the $13 was never intended to be a sign of disrespect, it was originally chosen to honor Mahomes for Mahomes own charity.

So, no disrespect, but there is nothing bad about this at all.  It wasn't intended to be a jab, they literally said many times how they respect Bills Mafia and the absolutely sensational performance by Allen, and its because of that they gave to Allens favorite charity instead of their own hero Mahomes.  To take it any other way is misguided IMHO.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.