Daboll to Take Dorsey if Named Giants HC?

wettlaufer

Daboll may intend to, does not mean Dorsey accepts if the Bills also offer him the OC position here.

I will bet Daboll told Dorsey that he would take him with him, and told the Giants the same.  And Dorsey probably said he would because Daboll hasn’t left yet and the Bills haven’t offered yet.  

I would seriously doubt he goes to NYG if the Bills offer him to be the OC with Allen.  That puts him on the fast track to a HC gig if he stays here and has continued success and possibly even a SB win.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 4

If Dorsey wants to go to NY, we should offer him the OC position (if he’s their preference).  If he declines it and prefers to go to NY, **** that guy, why would we want  such an idiot running our offense?  He’ll be out of a job in 2-3 years and will be looking for a qb coaching job 

It would make no sense for Dorsey to go to NY, where Daboll would likely be calling plays, Dorsey would be OC in name only, and would have Daniel Jones as his quarterback.

Instead, he could stay in Buffalo, become the ACTUAL offensive coordinator (i.e. playcaller) and have Josh Allen as his quarterback.

Seems like a no brainer.

• Like (+1) 2

Dorsey as the OC to replace Daboll makes sense for Dorsey and the Bills.

For Dorsey, it is a way better career move to be an OC for a defensive head coach and with a QB like Josh Allen.

For the Bills, it makes sense from a continuity and keeping your franchise QB happy POV.

The only way that Dorsey leaves is if he or the Bills don't think he's ready to be an OC for a defensive head coach like McD. But, I doubt it plays out like that.

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

I doubt the Bills let Dorsey walk away. He would be insane to leave Josh Allen.

Dorsey could be a hot name for HC next year if he's OC here. But you also never know... maybe he and Daboll are close. 

Either way, ANY OC would want this job working with Allen! You're instantly a genius. 

• Like (+1) 1