Miscommunication on Kick Off

njodogg

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean this makes sense to me based on what we saw and what’s been said by McD

It sort of does to me, too.  I think McDermott would be a lousy poker player because one can tell a lot from his eyes.  He gets wide-eyed when he’s frazzled or harried.  First game against KC?  In the zone.  Same thing for Patriots rounds 2 and 3. Didn’t look that way at the end against KC.  And not calling timeout when the defense was gassed before the goal line sequence in OT?  Silly.  Stupid.  Inexcusable.  

But, and I should know this well, we called timeout before at least the first play of the last sequence in regulation, right?  So the idea that we were in a state of discombobulation at the time of the snap (we had a chance for a breather that should have allowed for a cooling of heads) doesn’t make sense to me.  Then again, having Addison or whomever simply stand there to spy doesn’t make a ton of sense either.  Sort of the same idea as rushing four in that situation.  Whatever.  

In any event, I took the McD speak to mean that he wasn’t going to toss anyone under “the bus” but that something was screwed up.  (I kind of wondered if Milano blew it by shading so far away from Kelce on the last offensive play of regulation.)  Still, I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some element of truth to all of this, and if Farwell gets cut loose.  ST blunders permeated this season—first and last games had obvious issues, and the punt return game was a white knuckle affair beginning with the Dolphins home game.  

26 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Levi Wallace (who really needs to be replaced and could be the slowest starting CB in the league) should have knocked Kelse on his ass as soon as he left the line of scrimmage.  He did nothing just like he did on the Tyreek Hill TD.  We need speed and athleticism at the position.  Enuf w Levi.  Time to draft a CB that can come in and compete for a starting job.  Maybe that's Dane Jackson next year.  But our defense as a whole is not good enuf to win a Super Bowl.  I think we all saw that on Sunday nite.  

Levi typically plays an off-ball role.  So there’s that.  But jamming Kelce would not have been the worst idea in the world.  I was all about tackling him and Hill on one of the last two plays.  So there’s that. 

1 hour ago, mannc said:

So what’s your theory then?

I took the text message to say that Farwell will resign under duress to protect his reputation.  That is, Farwell is being fired.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.