Miscommunication on Kick Off

njodogg

Apologize if this has been mentioned but wanted to share. 

I received a text message today from a buddy who is connected to plenty of Beat Writers and Pod Casters. He said his source said there was serious miscommunication on the kick off

" Mcd wanted to Squib. Message was never got to Bass. Farwell had them huddled and didn't tell him to Squib. Mcd and Frazier apparently got so flustered that players didn't know what to do on defense. The players wanted to run Quarters coverage. It was all botched. The phrase "most absolutely botched thing I've ever seen" from source. And Frazier wants out, wants Chicago job" 

He also heard that Farwell is "resigning"

• Eyeroll 2
  • Shocked 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, njodogg said:

Apologize if this has been mentioned but wanted to share. 

I received a text message today from a buddy who is connected to plenty of Beat Writers and Pod Casters. He said his source said there was serious miscommunication on the kick off

" Mcd wanted to Squib. Message was never got to Bass. Farwell had them huddled and didn't tell him to Squib. Mcd and Frazier apparently got so flustered that players didn't know what to do on defense. The players wanted to run Quarters coverage. It was all botched. The phrase "most absolutely botched thing I've ever seen" from source. And Frazier wants out, wants Chicago job" 

He also heard that Farwell is "resigning"

Is this Kevin Massare of Trainwreck Sports?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

I literally don’t even believe most of this. 

Given McD's response on the kick and execution I wouldn't be surprised that he wanted to kick it differently.  It didn't look the like execution was Bass, hence it making sense that somewhere between McD and Bass was a communication problem.  The rest seems to be pure speculation.

5 minutes ago, Rew said:

Given McD's response on the kick and execution I wouldn't be surprised that he wanted to kick it differently.  It didn't look the like execution was Bass, hence it making sense that somewhere between McD and Bass was a communication problem.  The rest seems to be pure speculation.

I believe there was probably miscommunication on the kickoff. However I think it’s nonsense that it resulted in McD being so flabbergasted that he didn’t know what to do on defense. Frazier wanting out seems like a stretch but I’m sure he does want a HC job. 

• Agree 3

6 minutes ago, njodogg said:

I mean others are picking up the same thing. 

image.thumb.png.eb68289c10743c89ffca2643469fb993.png

Others are picking up a similar thing, not the same thing.   The OP is saying Heath Farwell is going to resign and Frazier wants out.   Miscommunication of a kickoff like McD actually told reporters, is a lot different than full mayhem which the OP is reporting.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

I believe there was probably miscommunication on the kickoff. However I think it’s nonsense that it resulted in McD being so flabbergasted that he didn’t know what to do on defense. Frazier wanting out seems like a stretch but I’m sure he does want a HC job. 

Yes, this whole miscommunication, and Farwell and Frazier BOTH being unhappy, describes a level of dysfunction that is completely uncharacteristic for McDermott's organization.   It's just hard to believe that everything described by the OP could have happened within this organization.  Maybe it did, but it seems unlikely.  

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Yes, this whole miscommunication, and Farwell and Frazier BOTH being unhappy, describes a level of dysfunction that is completely uncharacteristic for McDermott's organization.   It's just hard to believe that everything described by the OP could have happened within this organization.  Maybe it did, but it seems unlikely.  

So what’s your theory then?

It is my opinion that people make way, way, WAY too much of the kickoff. 

The Bills shouldn't have lost REGARDLESS of that.

Opposing team at the 25 yard line with 13 seconds left? Still no excuse to give up those defensive plays. 

Too much emphasis on the kickoff part, as if THAT was the most egregious error at the end of that game. The defensive playcalling on the final two plays of regulation is to blame. Coach can say all he wants about "execution", but rushing four linemen when everyone knew Mahomes would have to throw immediately is a coaching error. Rush two, drop nine, don't give so much cushion. Why do 10-year-old Madden players know more about how to handle that situation than guys like McDermott and Frazier? It's madness.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 7

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

It is my opinion that people make way, way, WAY too much of the kickoff. 

The Bills shouldn't have lost REGARDLESS of that.

Opposing team at the 25 yard line with 13 seconds left? Still no excuse to give up those defensive plays. 

Too much emphasis on the kickoff part, as if THAT was the most egregious error at the end of that game. The defensive playcalling on the final two plays of regulation is to blame. Coach can say all he wants about "execution", but rushing four linemen when everyone knew Mahomes would have to throw immediately is a coaching error. Rush two, drop nine, don't give so much cushion. Why do 10-year-old Madden players know more about how to handle that situation than guys like McDermott and Frazier? It's madness.

Yeah, the game should’ve been won regardless of whether they squib kicked or not. And Frazier‘s unhappy and wants out? After that shitshow of a performance? GTFOH.

• Like (+1) 1

A squib kick or just a kickoff that didn't go into the end zone makes some sense with a lead and 13 seconds left Buffalo has generally had excellent kickoff coverage.  I don't really get too much into this kind of speculation though.  If it happens, I'm sure sports media will look into all the gory details.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.