ESPN Top 50 Free Agents

Royale with Cheese

5 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Speculating is lazy thinking. He's had his healthiest season this past one, lot of players have babies. It would be a huge shock for someone who is so valuable to a top team.

Actually, I believe generalizing is lazy thinking. 

It always is a shock when a player retires on the younger side. But it does seem to happen every so often. Certain players have a different set of ideals and values. It was great seeing him stay healthy this season, though.

7 hours ago, Seoulofstone said:

The Chiefs strengthened through the draft. Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith were vital to their improvement. You are cherry picking. Besides they haven't won anything yet.

The poster child for this strategy are the Rams. Stafford, Ramsey, Miller, Whitworth.  Lets see if it works for them.

It already has worked for the Rams. They're in the championship game and playing at home.

41 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Actually, I believe generalizing is lazy thinking. 

It always is a shock when a player retires on the younger side. But it does seem to happen every so often. Certain players have a different set of ideals and values. It was great seeing him stay healthy this season, though.

Your first post was that it wouldn't be a shock if he retired.

I don't know if it's accurate to say I was generalizing, I would say it's probably factual that good, healthy players retiring young is not common.  I think you have to play for the Lions to be great a quit early. Sanders and Johnson.

I'll go with Gronk!  This team needs another quality TE.  People have been touting Geiski but he would be more expensive and would interfere with the culture of developing from within.  I expect the FO to extend Knox next year while a nice cap friendly extension can be done.

Gronk would be viewed by all as a temporary fix  And I think he would come at a reasonable price, PFF had him at $7M.  Gronk might want to end his career in the home town - it would be a big factor for me in his situation.  I think Brady is retiring and Gronk was more inclined to do another year.  I also think Gronk could fit right in for the culture aspect.  While Gronk is older and looks a little slow, he has great hands and actually blocks.

I friggin’ hate Gesicki with the Fish, but would love him as a Bill.  Paired with Knox, that’s a damn good two-TE set of guys who bring explosiveness to the position.

My wish list for the Bills is to strengthen the OL, add another weapon or two for Josh, and continue the search for impact pass rushers.

On 1/26/2022 at 5:48 PM, dave mcbride said:

It already has worked for the Rams. They're in the championship game and playing at home.

And it failed for at least 30 other teams this year. Some of whom will be suffering the consequences for some time to come. Even if they win the superbowl if the team has a sustained period of absolutely stinking as a consequence, is this the right way to run a franchise? If your answer is yes i would suggest to you that bathing in the reflected glory of a bought title mortgaged on the long term stability of your franchise makes you a bad fan.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.