Bills' Situation Reminds me of Atlanta

Back2Buff

I think there is a contingent of Bills fans out there that would argue in support of retaining Daboll, promoting him to head coach HERE, and letting McDermott go.

That may not be a bad idea.  It may not be the right idea, either...but it merits consideration.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

I think there is a contingent of Bills fans out there that would argue in support of retaining Daboll, promoting him to head coach HERE, and letting McDermott go.

That may not be a bad idea.  It may not be the right idea, either...but it merits consideration.

Appreciate you understanding what I'm saying.

Can't wait to read the boards when the offense takes a step back next year.  

4 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Not every situation has a direct parallel. The Bills situation is it’s own. I’d like the Bills to promote from within on the offensive side if Daboll goes. Anything else would be a step back while the team is in a championship window. 

Agreed. I feel like everyone wants parallels good or bad but in truth many times the path is unique in its own right.

A look into the draft!

We should do everything in our Power to Trade Tremaine Edmunds for a #2/3 pick and use it manoeuvre and navigate in this years draft.  We are so close!!

Our top Priority should be LB Devin Loyd from Utah  - We need speed at Linebacker and this guy is a game wrecker!  We would most likely have to trade up 5+ spots to snag him!

We should also be looking at Dahan Dotson (WR) from Penn State- He has improved a lot and runs a 4.3  ( I will assume that we may or may not re sign Mckenzie)

In addition- another Linebacker in 2nd/3rd round we should be all over is Darrian Beavers- This guy is a beast.

WE NEED to get faster PERIOD!  All Bills Mafia are sick of seeing horrendous coverage in the middle of the field by our backers and people running down hill at them all day!  

I am ok if we need to give up some additional capital, use the pick for Edmunds to move up if need be...   2/3 of these guys would be unreallll

All (3) and I don't see us losing a game next year!   I am serious lol...... 

no champagne for the Dolphins in 2022

5 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Atlanta made it to the 2016 Super Bowl and lost in heart breaking fashion.

I remember at that time Dan Quinn was getting a lot of heat, and the big situation looming over the organization, was Kyle Shanahan becoming a HC at the end of the year.

At the time, there were some out there saying in today's NFL, you have to keep the offensive coach and fire Quinn.

Atlanta obviously didn't and ended up firing Quinn a few seasons later, while Shanahan is viewed as a top coach in the league.

I'm scared of losing Daboll to keep McDermott, and what it could mean to this team.  After seeing how this team played in the playoffs, I'm pretty certain McDermott was altering playcalling mid-year with the power run nonsense they were trying to run and what McDermott was saying in press conferences.

Been listening to Nick Wright this morning I see......wait....are you Nick?

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

First off, after mid year, we averaged 29 points per game lol.  

Kyle Shanahan career record as a coach is 39-42.  If McDermott had that record, you would flip your ****.  

I would agree here but if you are looking at postseason only, Shanahan is already better by default because he's been to a SB and came within blowing a 10 point lead in the 4th quarter of winning it. And even if their season ends on Sunday against the Rams he's still the better postseason HC compared to McDermott as of today based on total W/L and how far they've been in 2 playoff runs vs 4 with McDermott and the Bills.

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

There are fans on here who advocate driving rusty nails through their scrotums. I suspect there's a crossover between these two groups. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

I was worried after last season that the Bills could be an Atlanta/Carolina/Philadelphia.  Get their nice run, everyone thinks they are the template for the NFL, then crash hard.  

This season put me at ease a bit.  Mainly because of Josh Allen.  His play is pretty consistent and sustainable.  I also believe we have even-keeled management and coaching in place who are willing and capable of self-reflection and adapting.

Many people said this about the team last year

don't shoot the op I was thinking the same thing

ie a true devastating loss could erase motivation for some keyplayers, Atlanta never recovered from this loss

Nobody the 30 for 30 and hear some key players (thurman?) say after the 4th SB ok it's enough I'm done ?

We will see what happens in the upcoming year, it could go mission mode, or fizzle mode

You can't know

And again you can't know what can happen next year (Chargers go rampage, Rams going wild after their SB win, you just can't know

Only thing I know is it was the best opportunity to grab the Lombardy since SB28

For sur Allen isn't Ryan and Buffalo isn't Atlanta, it's like comparing apples to oranges. But it's still fruits. You can't win football alone. See Marino(Elway a big part of his career/Bress/Rodgers/etc)

Edited by Repulsif

10 hours ago, Repulsif said:

don't shoot the op I was thinking the same thing

ie a true devastating loss could erase motivation for some keyplayers, Atlanta never recovered from this loss

Nobody the 30 for 30 and hear some key players (thurman?) say after the 4th SB ok it's enough I'm done ?

We will see what happens in the upcoming year, it could go mission mode, or fizzle mode

You can't know

And again you can't know what can happen next year (Chargers go rampage, Rams going wild after their SB win, you just can't know

Only thing I know is it was the best opportunity to grab the Lombardy since SB28

For sur Allen isn't Ryan and Buffalo isn't Atlanta, it's like comparing apples to oranges. But it's still fruits. You can't win football alone. See Marino(Elway a big part of his career/Bress/Rodgers/etc)

In the superbowl year, Matt Ryan put up 4944 yards, 70% completion, 38 TDs, and 7 ints.

Let's stop acting like Allen now is way better than Ryan in his prime.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.