Josh Allen is a future HOFer. There I said it...

Big Turk

7 minutes ago, shane nelson said:

Needs a ring to be in the Hall or a ton of SB appearances.  He is an amazing player, we just need to hope he stays health, level headed and we provide the coaches and players to continue at this level.  

Marino is in the Hall with no rings and only one Super Bowl appearance.

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I know it's still early and he has a lot of football left to play, but the dude simply is constantly doing things nobody in the history of the NFL has done before. Perfect offensive games, best 2 game stretch in the history of the NFL Playoffs, numerous firsts in regular season QB play...

This dude is a future HOFer.  We are witnessing greatness like we have never seen before at the QB position in Buffalo and likely will never see again. I hope we never take it for granted.

"there i said it."

I agree, but not exactly a hot take. Almost every single pundit on the planet would agree with this

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I know it's still early and he has a lot of football left to play, but the dude simply is constantly doing things nobody in the history of the NFL has done before. Perfect offensive games, best 2 game stretch in the history of the NFL Playoffs, numerous firsts in regular season QB play...

This dude is a future HOFer.  We are witnessing greatness like we have never seen before at the QB position in Buffalo and likely will never see again. I hope we never take it for granted.

This is not exactly a newsflash…

I don't see this as a hot take.  Allen has very obviously been playing at a HOF level for the past two seasons.  Two seasons isn't enough to get you into the HOF, but there's zero reason to think that he's going to suddenly start being average.  Barring a severe injury or some freak occurrence, I think there's something like an 85-90% chance that Allen lands in the HOF within 5 years of becoming eligible for enshrinement.

This is one of those things where you just have to watch the other games and get a good perspective on what's normal around the league.  Allen's level of play is not normal.  Kansas City is literally the only team in the league that would not be a better roster if they swapped QBs with us.  Cincinnati would be better with Allen.  San Diego would be better with Allen.  Green Bay would be better with Allen.  Tampa would still be playing if they had Allen.  It's just KC, and they wouldn't be any worse with Allen.  There is literally nobody in the league playing the position any better than him right now.  It won't stay that way, but it's where things are at the moment. 

Edited by BillsFanSD

7 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Injuries will be the only thing that prevents it.  I suggest running less and keep investing in the o-line.  

This.  While I love seeing him run people over, and it is highly effective... they really need to figure out a way to take that burden off of him.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I don't see this as a hot take.  Allen has very obviously been playing at a HOF level for the past two seasons.  Two seasons isn't enough to get you into the HOF, but there's zero reason to think that he's going to suddenly start being average.  Barring a severe injury or some freak occurrence, I think there's something like an 85-90% chance that Allen lands in the HOF within 5 years of becoming eligible for enshrinement.

This is one of those things where you just have to watch the other games and get a good perspective on what's normal around the league.  Allen's level of play is not normal.  Kansas City is literally the only team in the league that would not be a better roster if they swapped QBs with us.  Cincinnati would be better with Allen.  San Diego would be better with Allen.  Green Bay would be better with Allen.  Tampa would still be playing if they had Allen.  It's just KC, and they wouldn't be any worse with Allen.  There is literally nobody in the league playing the position any better than him right now.  It won't stay that way, but it's where things are at the moment. 

Agree with everything except the KC part. I don't see why the Chiefs wouldn't be better with Allen. Allen doesn't have Kelce or Hill to make all those YAC. 

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I called him a future HOFer on opening day 2019, what took you so long to figure it out?  😀

Here's the story:  I was sold on Josh from the time he arrived in camp as a rookie and saw glimpses of greatness his rookie year.  I went out and bought his jersey after the Vikings game.  Now did I really believe he'd be a HOFer, not that early but I had my hopes.

On opening day 2019 I went on a bus trip to NJ to watch the Bills at Jets game.  There was a Jets fan in front of me on the bus & he started mocking Josh Allen for being inaccurate.  I got so mad that I told him Josh Allen is good and he's going to be great.  When he laughed at me I doubled down and said that Josh would end up in the Hall of Fame.   Now did I really think that at the time?  Probably not, but I did think he was the Bills long term answer at QB.  So because of that Jets fan's taunting, I can truly say that the 1st time I said Josh Allen would be in the Hall of Fame was as early as September 8, 2019.  

7 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I could write it in crayon if that helps. Just because I list players that had hall of fame statistic trajectories before injuries took their toll doesn't mean I think they are the same caliber of player as Allen. They aren't. You can compare similar situations without all things being equal. If Matt Stafford plays another 4 years at the same level he'll beat out Rivers and likely go to the Hall as well.

Stafford is a HOFer if he wins a Super Bowl this year. 

The issue is the obscurites you have to reach for like Bulger as an argument on your part that this won't happen.

I don't even think Bulger was on a HOF trajectory and Romo is wildly debateable, but for argument's sake, you've found 3 examples of players whose careers were derailed by injury. Cam Newton would probably have been your best example..

Of course it could happen. I could also win the lottery or get struck by lightning. But there's no point thinking about any of those things because it's not all that likely.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.