Anyone shed a tear?

london_bills

I did today watching the highlights..

They (cbs, all sports channels) have the visuals and sound mixed live creatively for broadcast. It's subtle but they are very clever the mixers on the live sports feed.. When the Bills scored and you see Allens family celebrating.. they 'drop the sound out' so that the mix of a small section of away supporters in the crowd comes through more. (Might literally be Allens family). It changes from the whole crowd sound on the main wide shots, so you can hear this small section and it really highlights the underdog, away thing.. 

They mix throughout the game between the loud home supporters and the Bills audio support they choose to. If you notice on the throw to Davis in the EZ they cut to the same audio feed as the Allens Family image (you can hear a few more female voices cheering, just coming through) which makes it feel very emotional when they show Allens family. It's done I think to make the emotional link between his family, mom there rooting for him. 

It's all done to make you feel like nothing is done if you know what I mean - They are very good at creating an underdog vs giant narrative with it and it adds to the drama.

They also mix to the players when there's a TD and when Davis scored the last touchdown you hear Diggs saying 'shut the f'*** up!!!! '

I got emotional not just because of the loss but because of my daughter.  She's as big as Bills fan as you'll find, and is planning to move from Orlando to start grad school in the fall.  She has a home and a family with the folks at the Bills Backers bar she goes to for every game, and she got very emotional because she knew that Sunday may be the last time she gets to watch a game with those folks.

21 minutes ago, BruceVilanch said:

This game happened the same day I found out my dog has cancer, so yes, i shed some tears.

I get it.  The previous week, the only positive note was the Bills' destruction of the Patriots.  That Friday, we had to put our dog to sleep and on game day we had to euthanize our cat.  An absolutely brutal weekend.

• Sad 3

35 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I teared up at 13 seconds. I honestly didn't think there was a chance they'd lose, and I'm as pessimistic as anyone.

Then I saw the defense alignment and started screaming immediately. What are they doing!

Had the same emotional reaction at 13 seconds, the feeling of relief that this team is different, this is really the year, we’re gonna do it

Which of course made what came next all that much worse

• Like (+1) 1

I'm past being sad and disappointed.  Woke up today kind of angry.  13 seconds, jeez.  McD and Frazier were so outsmarted and out-executed by Reid and Co.  Makes me sick since there are countless Bills fans that will probably be deceased by the time the team comes this close again.  

The hard work in the game was already done.  All they had to do was protect 13 seconds for the W.  

42 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

I will get emotional AFTER the Bills win the Superbowl other then that, forget it

I actually had a dream the bills won the super bowl this season.  Just thinking about that dream brought a tear to my eye.  *****.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.