What does Allen work on this summer?

Meatloaf63

After what I saw in that game I do not see all that much that needs work. He is in the top QB in this league.

Allen and Mahomes both have cannons for arms, Both can thread a needle. Allen is very hard to take down. 

Allen at this point in his NFL Carreer is a complete QB better than Jackson, Watson, Prescott, Burrow and others.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

6 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Seriously. Leading the receiver. 

I believe we would have more yards after catch if the receivers didn't have to adjust their routes to catch the ball behind them.

That is all I have.

That's not the biggest reason for lack of YAC.  Its scheme. 

- We throw outside numbers more than any team. 

- we are a terrible screen team. 

- we rarely run slants (look what happened when we did vs KC)

- teams play zone against us constantly so it's about finding holes in zone...most often this means sitting down...not conducive to YAC

• Like (+1) 3

Josh Allen knows that no matter how good he is, there will always be room for improvement. He will always look at his game with a critical eye - and he will always work his a** off to get better at whatever aspect of his game he feels needs to be better.

Just one of the many reasons I love that kid.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

He can still refine his deep ball accuracy to hit guys in stride more often. We left some big plays on the field this year because guys had to adjust to the ball. He does an excellent job of it on the intermediate stuff. The only other big thing would be touch on shorter passes to try to limit drops and improve YAC.

• Like (+1) 3

On Sunday, Allen tapped into "flow" for the first time. "Flow" is a secret of top athletes to reach peak performance. Ever see the video of Kobe ignoring Chris Rock during a playoff game? He was in a flow. Curry, Jordan, etc. It's a real psychological state. Watch Allen's eyes on the sideline after the Diggs 2-point conversion. He was in a trance. 

Allen needs to work on reaching that flow level on a more consistent basis. If he does that, he's beyond MVP level, he's HOF level. He'll become the guy that the country fell in love with on Sunday, but on a regular basis.

When you're zoned in, all of your mechanics sort of fix themselves subconsciously. You see the entire field. You're not thinking, and you're definitely not thinking of anything negative.  If he can reach that state at will, the "GOAT" comments won't be tongue in cheek anymore. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

That's not the biggest reason for lack of YAC.  Its scheme. 

- We throw outside numbers more than any team. 

- we are a terrible screen team. 

- we rarely run slants (look what happened when we did vs KC)

- teams play zone against us constantly so it's about finding holes in zone...most often this means sitting down...not conducive to YAC

So, outside of those things you are pleased with our passing game?

Josh excels on his laser throws. Types of throws I don’t see him do as often include back shoulder and the high touch throws in the end zone, like the throw-away to Knox in the NE game. Mastering the arc of his throws like Rogers or Wilson can do. While he may not be the best at these, it doesn’t seem to limit him rather it is just developing an off-speed pitch. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.