The myth that the Bills roster is better than the Chiefs

Hermes

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Actually, i watched a bunch of daytime sports shows during the week leading up to the game and kinda’ felt like the talking heads had moved past Mahomes.  I wouldn’t say disrespected but Allen was definitely put up there even or ahead as a QB.  I’m sure Patrick wanted to show the world he’s still the man.  I thought he was great in this game, unfortunately.  

Maybe the world has Chiefs fatigue. I know I do.  But until someone dethrones them, they are the AFC’s best.

They’re really not that likable of a team... 

The fanbase is entitled Boston Midwest.  

Their team brings in any criminal another team was pressured into cutting. 

Mahomes, for all his commercials, isn’t someone fans really gravitate to as much as you’d think given the success they have. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

A guy like Jameson Williams, who could drop to us with the ACL, would put us on par with KC.  

Diggs and Davis on the outside with Knox at TE and Williams in the Slot would be filthy.  

I just looked at some draft profiles and he seems like the perfect fit for the offense! Forget Beasley and McKenzie. He has size and speed to spare from the sounds of it and would add a new dynamic to the offense. Maybe Stevenson shows something and they can add two speed elements to the O next year

39 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Some fans here overestimate our high end talent.  

What we had this year was an incredibly strong 1-53.  Depth and rotational talent was all top notch.  

What we don’t have is high end talent.  That needs to change.  

Allen is the ultimate high end talent.  After Allen, the only game wreckers we have are Diggs and White.   White down for the year so we went into KC with just Allen and Diggs with that label.  

KC had Mahomes, Kelce, Hill, Jones and made the move mid-season for Ingram.  

Both teams had good OL’s.  

KC has more holes, ie Sorenson playing meaningful snaps even with Mathieu , Deandre Baker as first DB off the bench… but high end talent wins. 

And Josh Allen, even facing all that, won the game.   ….until our coaches gave it away.  

Get this dude another game breaker on Offense.   

I think Allen and the Bills need a RB with great speed to make big chunk runs.  I prefer Allen running less during the regular season and save it for the playoffs.  Singletary did well to close out the season but even yesterday had plays where he looked slow getting to the line and hitting the hole.  Find a game breaker with home run speed and can also make plays catching the football

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Niagara Dude said:

I think Allen and the Bills need a RB with great speed to make big chunk runs.  I prefer Allen running less during the regular season and save it for the playoffs.  Singletary did well to close out the season but even yesterday had plays where he looked slow getting to the line and hitting the hole.  Find a game breaker with home run speed and can also make plays catching the football

Not in love with spending/drafting another RB, but your point is spot on.  

We need a potential Buffalo/KC matchup in the Playoffs next year to be in Buffalo.  To do that, we need the 1 seed.  To do that, we need a lethal offense that doesn’t require “Josh Allen unleashed” Weeks 1-18. 

35 minutes ago, Hermes said:

The Bills D actually matches up pretty well with the Chiefs but the DL just couldn't get home. They had a good pressure on Mahomes the whole game but he slipped out and made them pay consistently. The number of times I thought they were gonna bring him down only to see him run for chunk yards or hit someone down field is what got me the most fired up watching the game

Yes. They got plenty of pressure but let him break contain. I think Addison and Hughes were too aggressive rushing up field, leaving lanes for him to escape. But they did get pressure, and often they got hands on him. Pretty frustrating.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hermes said:

Look at team defense for example, the Chiefs have had a better defense than the Bills, or any team for that matter, since week 5(?), is what they've been saying anyway, and Allen shredded them.  Just like Mahomes shredded the Bills(without Tre). 

The Chiefs DO NOT have a better defense than the Bills... how many points did they give up in that game missing Mathieu?

I'll take our D in that game with Tre for us and Mathieu for them 24/7/365. Not having Tre made all the difference.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

A guy like Jameson Williams, who could drop to us with the ACL, would put us on par with KC.  

Diggs and Davis on the outside with Knox at TE and Williams in the Slot would be filthy.  

I’m all for more Williams’. We have no Williams depth essentially. Huge strike against Beane IMO.

50 minutes ago, SCBills said:

They’re really not that likable of a team... 

The fanbase is entitled Boston Midwest.  

Their team brings in any criminal another team was pressured into cutting. 

Mahomes, for all his commercials, isn’t someone fans really gravitate to as much as you’d think given the success they have. 

Mahomes and Rodgers have no charisma. Manning did, and was funny, and somehow even Baker Mayfield does. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hermes said:

All week I've heard from countless posters here and national pundits saying that the Bills have the better roster top down. Watching the game Sunday got me thinking. Where exactly are the Bills better than the Chiefs.

RB- KC

WR- push

TE- KC

OL- push (leaning KC)

DL- push (leaning KC)

LB- KC (unless you're an Edmunds truther)

CB- push (without Tre)

S- Bills

So what else does that leave? Oh yeah..

QB- Bills (by a billion)

People subconsciously have put Mahomes leagues ahead of Allen and therefore put the rest of KC down in terms of talent. When realistically the opposite is true. Not to say that he, Mahomes, isn't a great QB(from a talent perspective), he clearly is (not even mentioning the accolades he's accumulated). But It's just so obvious how much more Allen does for the Bills than Mahomes does for the Chiefs. If you swap teams I can almost guarantee that Allen has more success than Mahomes. (Although without the adversity he's faced would Allen be the QB he is today?)

Look at team defense for example, the Chiefs have had a better defense than the Bills, or any team for that matter, since week 5(?), is what they've been saying anyway, and Allen shredded them.  Just like Mahomes shredded the Bills(without Tre). On top of the fact that the Chiefs before Mahomes had already been established as a contender in the league with Alex Smith at QB. The team around him has always been loaded and people seem to disregard that that since he's the league darling, an über-talented wunderkind. 

Just a little perspective, unless you don't like objectivity. If you disagree I'd love for you to break down the rosters for me player by player or group by group, prove me wrong.

Allen elevates the Bills more than Mahomes does the Chiefs and it isn't particularly close.

When both are healthy* I’d say the Bills and Chefs are pretty much a push in talent in every category - except TE.

The one player the Chiefs have that the Buffalo Bills don't quite yet have is TE Travis Kelce. The guy seems to find ways to get open and he catches everything.

However, Buffalo has Dawson Knox, who looks like he close to getting to that level of Kelce.

KC has a better D line IMO and their O line looks better.

The difference in that playoff game was the 13 seconds. Bills special teams blew that play, along with the defense that didn't cover Kelce or Hill well enough. 

2 hours ago, Hermes said:

All week I've heard from countless posters here and national pundits saying that the Bills have the better roster top down. Watching the game Sunday got me thinking. Where exactly are the Bills better than the Chiefs.

RB- KC

WR- push

TE- KC

OL- push (leaning KC)

DL- push (leaning KC)

LB- KC (unless you're an Edmunds truther)

CB- push (without Tre)

S- Bills

So what else does that leave? Oh yeah..

QB- Bills (by a billion)

People subconsciously have put Mahomes leagues ahead of Allen and therefore put the rest of KC down in terms of talent. When realistically the opposite is true. Not to say that he, Mahomes, isn't a great QB(from a talent perspective), he clearly is (not even mentioning the accolades he's accumulated). But It's just so obvious how much more Allen does for the Bills than Mahomes does for the Chiefs. If you swap teams I can almost guarantee that Allen has more success than Mahomes. (Although without the adversity he's faced would Allen be the QB he is today?)

Look at team defense for example, the Chiefs have had a better defense than the Bills, or any team for that matter, since week 5(?), is what they've been saying anyway, and Allen shredded them.  Just like Mahomes shredded the Bills(without Tre). On top of the fact that the Chiefs before Mahomes had already been established as a contender in the league with Alex Smith at QB. The team around him has always been loaded and people seem to disregard that that since he's the league darling, an über-talented wunderkind. 

Just a little perspective, unless you don't like objectivity. If you disagree I'd love for you to break down the rosters for me player by player or group by group, prove me wrong.

Allen elevates the Bills more than Mahomes does the Chiefs and it isn't particularly close.

I love Josh as much as anyone, but if you think he's a billion times better than Mahomes, you're insane.

6 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

The Chiefs D line is far better than ours and it's not close. We don't have a Chris Jones or a Frank Clark. That should be obvious.

I think that while KC has better top end DL talent, they are very shallow there.  The Bills have much, much better depth.  Also Frank Clark is a great talent, but he didn’t have a great year.

Edited by BarleyNY

8 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I think that while KC has better top end DL talent, they are very shallow there.  The Bills have much, much better depth.  Also Frank Clark is a great talent, but he didn’t have a great year.

No doubt, but top end talent is what wins in this league when the chips are down. Frank Clark played great against Allen - better than any of our guys did against Mahomes. That kind of thing is the difference. Depth gets you to the games that matter.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Process said:

Who the hell thinks that?

Mahomes has two of the fastest WRs in the league, a top 3 TE of all time, and arguably the best offensive coach in football. 

The Bills group of skill position players are average at best. 

Must be nice to have multiple guys on offense that can take it to the house from anywhere on the field. 

Allen does more with a lot less. There is zero doubt that he is the best player in the league imo. 

Exactly.  Kelce you could argue is the greatest TE of all time. Hill is the fastest WR in the league and impossible to cover. Their RB's and DL are better than ours. And Mahomes like Allen is a witch. And their HOF HC is better than ours. Now when 87 and 10 come off the roster,  things will change rapidly for Patrick.

1 minute ago, BillMafia716ix said:

1. They have no answer for Tyreek Hill

2. No answer for Travis Kelce

3. They couldn’t get Mahomes on the ground.

The same exact players that beat them last year. Beat them this year.  

Yeah - but it was a lot closer.

I know, I know...no moral victories.  But they won a coin toss this year. Last year they dominated.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, zow2 said:

Actually, i watched a bunch of daytime sports shows during the week leading up to the game and kinda’ felt like the talking heads had moved past Mahomes.  I wouldn’t say disrespected but Allen was definitely put up there even or ahead as a QB.  I’m sure Patrick wanted to show the world he’s still the man.  I thought he was great in this game, unfortunately.  

Maybe the world has Chiefs fatigue. I know I do.  But until someone dethrones them, they are the AFC’s best.

If Mahomes fails again to win a SB and Josh has a MVP season next year (which I know he will), then the narrative will quickly flip over to JA17.  What he did last Sunday and the week before against Hoody is already legendary. 

4 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Exactly.  Kelce you could argue is the greatest TE of all time. Hill is the fastest WR in the league and impossible to cover. Their RB's and DL are better than ours. And Mahomes like Allen is a witch. And their HOF HC is better than ours. Now when 87 and 10 come off the roster,  things will change rapidly for Patrick.

Tyreek Hill is the ex factor. The threat of his speed alone. It opens up everything they do. 

If you can’t get Mahomes on the ground. Your cooked 

• Agree 1

I'm sure people are saying "Mahomes is better because he won." Which shows how silly some comparisons are in the NFL, a team game.

But Allen played better the whole game, imo.  He was asked to do more, and stepped up.  Mahomes was his usual brilliant self, but Allen is a better overall QB, imo.

KC still has a better team, though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.