The myth that the Bills roster is better than the Chiefs

Hermes

The Chiefs will keep their big star players for next season but they got a tough off season in front of them.

They got a lot of UFAs especially after doing a lot of restructures and signing a lot of one year contracts on the cheap.

Comparing overall talent IMO will have to wait IMO until we see what kind of team they field next year.

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Chris Jones, Frank Clark and Melvin Ingram are all better than anyone we have on the DL.

They actually get sacks and affect the QB in ways you can see without a spreadsheet, calculator, and fancy "advanced stats" 

THIS is the biggest issue the Bills have to fix.  I think we all glossed over it w/ the "#1 defense" ranking, which we all know wasn't really accurate.

I think Oliver took a huge step this year, and can be a disruptive if the overall quality of the line improves.  Groot made some big plays this year, but had games where he didn't do as much, as you might expect from a rookie.  You can build around those 2.  But they need a true disruptor to elevate the whole line's play.

28 minutes ago, Success said:

I'm sure people are saying "Mahomes is better because he won." Which shows how silly some comparisons are in the NFL, a team game.

But Allen played better the whole game, imo.  He was asked to do more, and stepped up.  Mahomes was his usual brilliant self, but Allen is a better overall QB, imo.

KC still has a better team, though.

People are saying Mahomes is better because he has an MVP, a SB Championship, a SB MVP 4 straight AFCG, 2 SB appearances and because he never failed to make the play he needed to make. Just because he needed to make less of them than Allen, doesn't make him a lesser talent.

A great pool player at a bar will dazzle you with the incredible shots they can make. A world champion will put you to sleep as they shoot balls straight in the pocket every shot, because everything is where it needs to be all the time.

This is not to the detriment of Allen - he did absolutely nothing wrong. He was perfect. So was Mahomes, and he's been perfect since he came into the league whenever he's needed to be.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, Hermes said:

All week I've heard from countless posters here and national pundits saying that the Bills have the better roster top down. Watching the game Sunday got me thinking. Where exactly are the Bills better than the Chiefs.

RB- KC

WR- push

TE- KC

OL- push (leaning KC)

DL- push (leaning KC)

LB- KC (unless you're an Edmunds truther)

CB- push (without Tre)

S- Bills

So what else does that leave? Oh yeah..

QB- Bills (by a billion)

People subconsciously have put Mahomes leagues ahead of Allen and therefore put the rest of KC down in terms of talent. When realistically the opposite is true. Not to say that he, Mahomes, isn't a great QB(from a talent perspective), he clearly is (not even mentioning the accolades he's accumulated). But It's just so obvious how much more Allen does for the Bills than Mahomes does for the Chiefs. If you swap teams I can almost guarantee that Allen has more success than Mahomes. (Although without the adversity he's faced would Allen be the QB he is today?)

Look at team defense for example, the Chiefs have had a better defense than the Bills, or any team for that matter, since week 5(?), is what they've been saying anyway, and Allen shredded them.  Just like Mahomes shredded the Bills(without Tre). On top of the fact that the Chiefs before Mahomes had already been established as a contender in the league with Alex Smith at QB. The team around him has always been loaded and people seem to disregard that that since he's the league darling, an über-talented wunderkind. 

Just a little perspective, unless you don't like objectivity. If you disagree I'd love for you to break down the rosters for me player by player or group by group, prove me wrong.

Allen elevates the Bills more than Mahomes does the Chiefs and it isn't particularly close.

I’ve never seen this 

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

People are saying Mahomes is better because he has an MVP, a SB Championship, a SB MVP 4 straight AFCG, 2 SB appearances and because he never failed to make the play he needed to make. Just because he needed to make less of them than Allen, doesn't make him a lesser talent.

A great pool player at a bar will dazzle you with the incredible shots they can make. A world champion will put you to sleep as they shoot balls straight in the pocket every shot, because everything is where it needs to be all the time.

This is not to the detriment of Allen - he did absolutely nothing wrong. He was perfect. So was Mahomes, and he's been perfect since he came into the league whenever he's needed to be.

Great analogy!  I never looked at it that way.

2 hours ago, Success said:

THIS is the biggest issue the Bills have to fix.  I think we all glossed over it w/ the "#1 defense" ranking, which we all know wasn't really accurate.

I think Oliver took a huge step this year, and can be a disruptive if the overall quality of the line improves.  Groot made some big plays this year, but had games where he didn't do as much, as you might expect from a rookie.  You can build around those 2.  But they need a true disruptor to elevate the whole line's play.

Oliver really came on strong at the end of the year and fingers crossed he keeps it up next year. Groot was honestly pretty disappointing, especially later in the year when I would've expected him to turn it up and make more of an impact. Boogie seemed to do more with less time than Rousseau towards the backend of the season

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

I know they don't actually take the field but is anyone gonna bring up who has the better coaches?

I know who I'd pick. 

Reid, Bienemiey and Spags

Or

McD, Daboll and Frazier

It really showed Sunday. 

We'll see soon how things shape up, but I for one wouldn't mind seeing both Frazier and Daboll getting hired elsewhere. McDermott needs to diversify his defense and if Frazier leaves hopefully he finds a more aggressive DC than Frazier (Sean Payton!?) Offensively the bills would be fine promoting Dorsey at this point since Allen can effectively run the offense himself. He's going to have a lot of input moving forward in terms of play calling and game planning.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.