SPEED KILLS - and -it did for the Bills D!

RunJoshRun

Watching the game again, it became very obvious that the Chiefs skill players on Offense were much, much faster than the Bills defense.

It explains all the missed tackles, wide-open receivers and the 'prevent strategy'  for our defense at the end of the game.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

I think they really have to go after speed at CB position.  Between Hill, Jamar Chase, Waddle and Jets Elijah Moore, who was hurt, Ravens Hollywood Brown and Rashad Bateman, all of these guys are sub 4.4 speed.  They're going to be dealing w/ top end speed for the next several years.  Both White and Wallace are very good CBs, but neither of them have elite speed.  

This league can change fast and perhaps we dismiss Dolphins and Jets today, but their speed demons may hurt us next year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Bills definitely need more speed on defense. There are fast receivers then there is T Hill. He is the unicorn of receivers with his Olympic level speed with incredible change of direction ability. There is no one even close to him in his abilities. He is the real problem in trying to defend KC. 

• Agree 2

39 minutes ago, balln said:

this is exactly the convo after last years KC game. they were woefullly lacked D team speed. and again surpirse with no additions. rousseau - please. completely slow. 

Everyone in our defensive backfield have very average speed.  Milano is an excellent LB but no speed.  Then - Edmunds has good speed but he's running all over the field chasing people!

1 hour ago, RunJoshRun said:

Watching the game again, it became very obvious that the Chiefs skill players on Offense were much, much faster than the Bills defense.

It explains all the missed tackles, wide-open receivers and the 'prevent strategy'  for our defense at the end of the game.  

How in the world did you watch the game again? 

You’re a braver man than me. 

• Agree 1

Andrew Booth would help team speed on D quite a bit...and fill a need at CB2.

If Chris Olave is there at WR when we pick that might be too good to pass up tho..doubt he is still available.

2 hours ago, cage said:

I think they really have to go after speed at CB position.  Between Hill, Jamar Chase, Waddle and Jets Elijah Moore, who was hurt, Ravens Hollywood Brown and Rashad Bateman, all of these guys are sub 4.4 speed.  They're going to be dealing w/ top end speed for the next several years.  Both White and Wallace are very good CBs, but neither of them have elite speed.  

This league can change fast and perhaps we dismiss Dolphins and Jets today, but their speed demons may hurt us next year.

We have no speed demons on defense - - the League has caught up to that fact!

It was a great game.  Overlooking the outcome - - - speed was the deal.

I watched again too, in part to better appreciate how great Josh really was and listen to Nantz/Romo’s commentating.  The Bills D really did a heckuva job keeping the Bills within striking distance for a lot of the game.  Things just seemed to unravel after the Tyreek TD.

• Agree 2

Just outscore them like we did last night if we scored with eight seconds left instead of 13.  We need more speed on offense and defense.  I'd prefer they make offense the priority though at both WR and RB.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Just outscore them like we did last night if we scored with eight seconds left instead of 13.  We need more speed on offense and defense.  I'd prefer they make offense the priority though at both WR and RB.

We do need a speed RB.  On defense we have to upgrade the speed at LB and CB.  Can we do it in the off-season?

3 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I watched again too, in part to better appreciate how great Josh really was and listen to Nantz/Romo’s commentating.  The Bills D really did a heckuva job keeping the Bills within striking distance for a lot of the game.  Things just seemed to unravel after the Tyreek TD.

We had them at 3rd down quite alot didn't we, especially early

21 hours ago, RunJoshRun said:

Per Yahoo Sports TODAY

McDermott was asked about the speed that the Chiefs have on offense with players like Tyreek Hill, Byron Pringle, and Mecole Hardman and said suggestions that the Bills need to do more to counter it is “a valid point” as they head into the offseason.

“We’re going to continue to build this as well, and we’re going to continue to address areas of need, and I think not just this year, but evolving with how the game continues to evolve, that we have to continue to evolve with it and try and be out in front of it, all the time,” McDermott said, via the team’s website. “So that’s what we have to do and one of the areas that we have to continue to look at — matching team speed on both sides of the ball.”

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Andrew Booth would help team speed on D quite a bit...and fill a need at CB2.

If Chris Olave is there at WR when we pick that might be too good to pass up tho..doubt he is still available.

I wounder what Booth would cost?  I bet the Bills draft a speed CB.  

23 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Bills definitely need more speed on defense. There are fast receivers then there is T Hill. He is the unicorn of receivers with his Olympic level speed with incredible change of direction ability. There is no one even close to him in his abilities. He is the real problem in trying to defend KC. 

There are receivers with similar speed, but they may not have the QB who can improvise and get the ball to him in difficult situations.  The problem for the Bills is that after Tre White, the Bills are below average in the speed of the CBs they can put on the field.  Tre White has good speed, but he's far from the fastest CB in the league.  I think he runs somewhere in the mid 4.4s

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.