Calvin Ridley...do they bills go all in!?

Hebert19

12 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

Was thinking about offseason today.  Chances are we cut ties with Hughes, Addison, maybe Beasley if he doesn't restructure.  Sanders will be gone.  And maybe others...so do we pull a rams and go all in?   

- Trade for ridley (to pair up with diggs and Davis.)   1 year left in deal.  1 cheap year left in Josh's contract. 

- sign Patterson.  (Speed and size to RB, and a hell of a returner)

- draft CB, LB, DE/DT and OL

Who else would be an option for all chips on table year?

Why ? It wasn't the Bills offense that lost that game they did everything to put the Bills in a position to win & they brought Sanders in last year thinking that he would take the place of smoke which did nothing the year before & Sanders in the grand scheme of that game did nothing either .

But the guys that were on the field in this game showed up when needed ! Sure they covered Diggs for most of the game but he showed up when needed when they converted the 2 point try Davis well he's proven himself, Beasely, Mckenzie, Kumero, maybe a depth player or 2 in the draft  so why get another high priced FA - WR ? 

They just signed Hodgins to a futures deal they have LIL dirty & he has proven himself very valuable to the team plus if they think Stephenson can be good develop him, they have Kumero too so that position i feel is covered so draft a WR in later rounds for depth & the future then save that cap space for the places that showed up to be the weak points of the game .

That being pass rush, LBer, OL, & RB i feel are more of the positions in need than WR . 

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Why do so many think the Bills need to load up more at WR ?   

There is a fascination with that position..I think just because of Fantasy Football.  When it came down to it did the Bills have a hard time finding people to throw to?  I would say no.  The mix will change for next year, Sanders will likely not be resigned, I bet Beasley is a cap cut and Mckenzie is a FA.  So they will need to do something.

1 minute ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

There is a fascination with that position..I think just because of Fantasy Football.  When it came down to it did the Bills have a hard time finding people to throw to?  I would say no.  The mix will change for next year, Sanders will likely not be resigned, I bet Beasley is a cap cut and Mckenzie is a FA.  So they will need to do something.

Sanders wasn't much this year, McKenzie, as a WR, was even less.  

Both replaceable without a big trade. 

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I kind of like the idea of a guy like McKinnon...a fast RB who has some WR characteristics or a fast WR who has some RB characteristics.  I think speed on offense should be a priority especially if McKenzie is not back.  I think a guy like Ridley would do ok but is not worth the cap required.  There are other more pressing needs.    

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

There were stretches where they were both critical to winning games this year. Throw in the possible loss of Beasley, and we have a legit need. Like DE, we need to get younger and cheaper. Look what they have addressed in the last couple of drafts. 

Yes, they can be replaced, but what you might call an obsession, I just call awareness.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

There were stretches where they were both critical to winning games this year. Throw in the possible loss of Beasley, and we have a legit need. Like DE, we need to get younger and cheaper. Look what they have addressed in the last couple of drafts. 

Yes, they can be replaced, but what you might call an obsession, I just call awareness.  

No one is saying don't replace guys who are leaving.  But there are threads saying the Bills need to get Devante Adams!  Come on! lol

If McKenzie can be had for a reasonable amount, sure, keep him.  But his impact has been exaggerated here this season. 

There's always the draft.... 

18 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

No one is saying don't replace guys who are leaving.  But there are threads saying the Bills need to get Devante Adams!  Come on! lol

If McKenzie can be had for a reasonable amount, sure, keep him.  But his impact has been exaggerated here this season. 

The draft is an option, and maybe some of the guys they have taken lately will develop. But they generally have a transition to make, with Gabe Davis being the exception. Another steal like Davis would be great, but I expect another vet or two like Brown, Beasley and Sanders. Surround Josh with support!

When I say a vet, I do NOT mean some but splashy name that everybody recognizes.  Just a guy who can come in and make a solid contribution for a year or two. We have our main parts in Diggs, Davis and Knox, plus some young guys behind them. You’d have to be on the inside to know how much promise there is with the young guys. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's always made the most of his opportunities when he's been on offense. Is he a high end FA? Nope, but sure would like to keep him.

NO!  NO!  NO! Gabe earned the number 2 spot.   Stop thinking every name player out there should become a Bill.  The Bills are on the cusp of a championship.  Need some up grades most on defense.  Keep building.  No quick fix (Ridley is not it) and ruining the team's future

RB- look at Sony michel- d’earnest Johnson,Duke Johnson or Marlan Mack 

TE - don’t think Sweeney has it - David njoku on Howard or possibly Gronk   If Brady retires.

OG-draft , start looking for Morse eventual replacement 

wr-resign McKenzie, j Crowder , James Washington

lb- draft or ?

cb - draft 

edge- ?
dl-resign Phillips ,zimmer + draft

5 hours ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

People are clouded by the postseason when we let Josh Allen go Super Saiyan.  It's a long season and you can't just expect Allen to constantly take mid-late round picks and make them great.  Davis worked out, but give the dude some serious weaponry.  

If we can get him legit speed and playmaking out of the slot, we should seriously look into that.  

Sanders will be replaced by Davis, who has earned the #2 role, and I love Beasley but it's time to move on.... Allen deserves more than Diggs, Davis & Knox.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.