Calvin Ridley...do they bills go all in!?

Hebert19

LOL!

No offense to anybody, but I sure am glad we have the people we do in our front office to figure this stuff out! It’s fun for fans to throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. Sometimes it’s even right (albeit rarely).

It’s even more fun to watch a quality front office build a top flight team. The people who think they are smarter than our FO amuse me to no end. A few have good insight, but that is relatively rare. Fun game to play, I’ll wait to see what our pros decide. While some of you want them fired. 😂

• Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

LOL!

No offense to anybody, but I sure am glad we have the people we do in our front office to figure this stuff out! It’s fun for fans to throw stuff at the wall and see what sticks. Sometimes it’s even right (albeit rarely).

It’s even more fun to watch a quality front office build a top flight team. The people who think they are smarter than our FO amuse me to no end. A few have good insight, but that is relatively rare. Fun game to play, I’ll wait to see what our pros decide. While some of you want them fired. 😂

We are all smarter than our DC…just saying. 

2 hours ago, streetkings01 said:

Diggs, Davis and Knox. We need a game breaker at RB that can take it to the house on any given play. Force teams to put 8 in the box to stop the run and have Josh light up the defense or have teams play coverage and let our stud RB break off chunk run plays.

I would love to see us go get Saquon from the Giants. 1 year left on his deal its very possible especially with new front office connections there

• Disagree 1

Geez, Gabe Davis just did something that Jerry Rice never managed to do and that was catch 4 TDs in a playoff game. 

The Bills have enough talent at WR and if anything need a new OC who can put them all in best position to make plays. 

Think of how long this season the Bills fans were complaining about how they don't have an O line or decent RB. The last four games proved that wrong in actually getting improved play out of both. Daboll has his good points but has severe limitations too.

Doesn't use Knox, Davis nearly enough. Where was Diggs the last two playoff games?

Now, looking back at last years SB and how Mahomes was running for his life that entire game. The Bills did manage 2x sacks and 4x QB hits. Yet, it looked like Mahomes wasn't getting harassed nearly enough from the Bills pass rush.

Looking at what the Bills were able to do against the Chiefs and Patriots in the playoffs on offense and what the defense wasn't able to do... the Bills need to improve the DC and defense.

I’m thinking Beane is not looking to make such a move at this point. Long term deals from here on out will be built around Josh’s contract. A trade deadline rental sure, this is not that, certainly not before a rich FA class and a draft where burners may be available at 25.

2 hours ago, BruceVilanch said:

Two teams (chiefs/Rams) have the "All in" mentality and they are still playing. we are in a position where we have a franchise QB, this is the time to go all in. but I can respect your opinion and understand wanting to keep the pipeline full.

And I'd argue that the other two teams still left, the Bengals and the 49ers, did not.

The Bills are just as good, if not better, than the Rams, and we just went toe-to-toe with the Chiefs and lost in overtime mainly due to poor decisions on defense.

I'm fine trying to make a trade for an impact player. I don't want to go out and way overspend on free agents, though.

The Chiefs traded for Ingram but they didn't give up much for him. We need guys like that. Low risk, high upside trades. Find guys who aren't working out on their teams for whatever reason, but have elite traits.

I do think the Bills need to make moves, but they still need to be wise in how they use the salary cap and draft assets. Heck, if we want to trade our 1st rounder for a young, proven stud with a decent contract (like we did for Diggs) I'm totally fine with that.

I want the Bills to be competitive with Allen for the next 15 years, not have a two year window that is Superbowl or bust.

1 hour ago, Nihilarian said:

Geez, Gabe Davis just did something that Jerry Rice never managed to do and that was catch 4 TDs in a playoff game. 

The Bills have enough talent at WR and if anything need a new OC who can put them all in best position to make plays. 

Think of how long this season the Bills fans were complaining about how they don't have an O line or decent RB. The last four games proved that wrong in actually getting improved play out of both. Daboll has his good points but has severe limitations too.

Doesn't use Knox, Davis nearly enough. Where was Diggs the last two playoff games?

Now, looking back at last years SB and how Mahomes was running for his life that entire game. The Bills did manage 2x sacks and 4x QB hits. Yet, it looked like Mahomes wasn't getting harassed nearly enough from the Bills pass rush.

Looking at what the Bills were able to do against the Chiefs and Patriots in the playoffs on offense and what the defense wasn't able to do... the Bills need to improve the DC and defense.

We'll probably lose Sanders, and possibly Beasley. Who knows with McKenzie? I think the Bills need to keep the funnel stocked with young talent at wide receiver, so I'm all for drafting one or two, even high.

I agree about Davis, though. He is a baller and he needs to get the majority of the snaps as the #2 receiver. Plus, Josh clearly trusts him.

As for the Superbowl with the Chiefs last year, their oline was kind of in shambles. They rebuilt it into a really good unit, something I did not expect them to be able to do in one off-season. But yeah, we need an elite pass rusher. We just do. And as much as I think Edmunds gets blamed too much for things, having an elite MLB would be so huge for this defense. I'm all for moving on from him. If we had our Luke Kuechly for our defense, it would make a world of difference.

Is he a great two way player?  Then yes.  Put him in coverage on Kielce on the field goal catch and last TD.

Seriously.  No.  Didn’t work out with Sanders, don’t need another #1 or 2 receiver on the roster.  

We are good with Diggs and Davis as 1 and 2.  Worst thing we did this year was sign Sanders and not feed the ball to Davis.   Needed a true #2 to balance with Diggs and Sanders wasn’t it.  Seemed to me Davis elevated this offense every time he better utilized.

Draft or FA for a 3rd or 4TH WR?  Sure.  I see Beasley getting more balls if Sanders not here also.  Is he good for another year?  Maybe.  Another 2 years, probably not.  Find his replacement now either draft, FA or in our current roster.

7 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Gronk?

That’s not a bad idea 

5 hours ago, MJS said:

And I'd argue that the other two teams still left, the Bengals and the 49ers, did not.

The Bills are just as good, if not better, than the Rams, and we just went toe-to-toe with the Chiefs and lost in overtime mainly due to poor decisions on defense.

I'm fine trying to make a trade for an impact player. I don't want to go out and way overspend on free agents, though.

The Chiefs traded for Ingram but they didn't give up much for him. We need guys like that. Low risk, high upside trades. Find guys who aren't working out on their teams for whatever reason, but have elite traits.

I do think the Bills need to make moves, but they still need to be wise in how they use the salary cap and draft assets. Heck, if we want to trade our 1st rounder for a young, proven stud with a decent contract (like we did for Diggs) I'm totally fine with that.

I want the Bills to be competitive with Allen for the next 15 years, not have a two year window that is Superbowl or bust.

The Rams have literally no cap space and don’t have a 1st round pick till like 2024 that really is super bowl or bust 

10 hours ago, Doc said:

I'd make a play for D'Onta Foremen from the Titans.  He's 6'1" and 236# and runs in the mid 4.4s.

With the giants in rebuild mode. Two year deal for Saquon. Amazing compliment to Singletary and a home run hitter. Might eventually replace singletary if he stays healthy

• Like (+1) 1

I keep reading about how Bills fans want that NY Giants RB, Saquon Barkley. I just don't get why though?

The guy has been injured the last three seasons and missed 21 games out of those. Even in his rookie season in which he played all 16 games he averaged 5.0 yards per carry. Singletary averaged 5.1 YPC. 

Four seasons in the NFL, Barkley's average 5.0, 4.6, 1.8, 3.7. In 2021 Barkley averaged 3.1 yards per carry for the Giants. Singletary averaged 4.6 and has a catch percentage of 80%. 

First off the Bills don't run the ball enough nowadays to pay top dollar to a supposed elite RB.

From my perspective the NY Giants have a bust on their hands at RB with the #2 overall pick of that 2018 NFL draft. Those morons should have draft QB Josh Allen. But hey, I'm so happy they... and the other teams passed on him! Buffalo is so lucky to have that kind of talent at QB.

A freaking Unicorn! Even as good as Mahomes is, he can't run like Josh!

Anyway, In my view, Buffalo RB Devin Singletary proved he is good enough to get the job done at RB when utilized properly. The Bills OC finally removed his head from his butt the last few games in 2021 and he showed he can get the job done. 

Spending a high pick or big dollars on a RB would be foolish, IMO. Considering the Bills do need an elite pass rusher. There is a big list of edge rushing free agents in 2022. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-nfl-free-agency-rankings-edge-defenders

Vonn Miller 17 mill, Chandler Jones 16.75 mill, Clowney 15 mill, Ogbah 15.5 mill, Melvin Ingram 8 mill. Do the Bills have 8-17 million in cap space to pay one of them? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, warrior9 said:

Ridley and Davis wouldn't play the same position. With Beasley walking and other contracts running out coupled with the increase in cap. We should be fine.

To be honest, our OL was VERY improved without Mango and/or Ford in there. Bates proved himself worthy of a shot as did Boettger. I would venture to bet the Bills FO thinks were in a better situation on the OL than most fans do. 

Bates>Boettger

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Gronk

It's my conspiracy theory

9 hours ago, Herc11 said:

Patterson to fill KR, PR and gadget WR/RB and go get a stud edge rusher. 

Nope, watching him in the playoffs and he's definitely lost a step

Get Jakeem Grant cheaper. He's a faster more Tyreek Hill type. Gronk is that blocking, keep the chains moving. He was surely getting open a lot in playoffs

Trade for Khalil Mack and the defense has it's undisputed leader.  This would be his shot for a ring.  Bring him home to finish the deal. 

Patterson is interesting but I have this thing about players coming off a spike contract year.  It often doesn't translate.  He is dynamic though and could be a swiss army knife in this offense and ST's.

I am all for a high draft picks on OL/DB

I think we can get WR depth off the street for this offense/QB but can't unsee that DJ Chark is going to be out there.  In a new setting, non-dysfunctional, and with an elite QB....I wouldn't hate that.  He is not going to command anything near what the big WR names will and he carries near-elite upside.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.