The PFF "worm has turned" about Josh Allen

Hapless Bills Fan

4 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

I’m semi-serious when I say this but at what point does Jordan Palmer just say “Dude I took you as far as I can take you. You’re on another level and can do things I can’t explain let alone teach.” If Allen’s limit is Allen, then he’s going to have to invent new QBing himself cause he’s in uncharted waters. He may revolutionize the position when it’s all said and done.  

In all seriousness, he needs to practice a bit more in windy conditions to judge the throws into the wind. Beyond that... if he could bottle his playoff performance there is nothing realistic to improve. However it was only a few weeks ago he had a passer rating of 17. I am sure there is some film study from the season to use.

• Like (+1) 1

Josh got his spotlight and he shined… this is huge. May not even realize how big this is. JA17 put the NFL and America on notice…..

next season, we will get the benefit of doubt. We will get the national games. The refs are going to give Josh that “extra” protection that we see Brady & Mahomes get. Josh will be able to ask for a flag and they give it to him. Refs will let our line hold just a little bit more than the opposing team to protect QB1. Everyone will want to watch Josh in the playoffs, probowl, super bowl.

I am pumped about next year 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PRBills said:

Josh got his spotlight and he shined… this is huge. May not even realize how big this is. JA17 put the NFL and America on notice…..

next season, we will get the benefit of doubt. We will get the national games. The refs are going to give Josh that “extra” protection that we see Brady & Mahomes get. Josh will be able to ask for a flag and they give it to him. Refs will let our line hold just a little bit more than the opposing team to protect QB1. Everyone will want to watch Josh in the playoffs, probowl, super bowl.

Commentators will start gushing when he makes an amazing play, instead of just crediting Daboll or nitpicking something. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

I’m semi-serious when I say this but at what point does Jordan Palmer just say “Dude I took you as far as I can take you. You’re on another level and can do things I can’t explain let alone teach.” If Allen’s limit is Allen, then he’s going to have to invent new QBing himself cause he’s in uncharted waters. He may revolutionize the position when it’s all said and done.  

Sometimes the best coaching job is to be able to sustain an athletes or teams performance.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

image.thumb.png.60a38442cfff06091148f2ade1660900.png

For those of us that believed in this kid and knew he had this kind of talent from the moment he looked different in the preseason in Cleveland in 2018…

This is about as big an I told you so about a player as there’s ever been freaking Blake Bortles never dealt with the criticism this kid has gotten

Edited by 78thealltimegreat
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Ray Stonada said:

He’s incredibly improved over last year’s playoffs.

It looks like he is able to “will” things to happen when he needs a play. A la Brady, Montana, Mahomes, and a few other quarterbacks in history. 

It bodes incredibly well for the Bills.

The 4th and 13...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

25 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

You make a good point and that might be the case . Josh may find something like back shoulder throws or something along that line he just wants to keep working on.

From my point of view I would like Palmer to keep an eye on his footwork just to make sure old habits don’t creep up like relying on just his arm at times. But that’s just nitpicking as Josh can just be Josh and do whatever the heck he wants. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

@Hapless Bills Fan, it's weird -- today I checked out the PFF home site for the first time (i've always gotten there via links to various stats/ratings). It's basically ... a straight-up gambling site. Very weird. But then again the NFL spends most of its energy promoting gambling these days.

I just checked pff.com.

There's no gambling. A bit of advice for gamblers but mostly various sports info. Am I missing some secondary site or something?

33 minutes ago, PRBills said:

I'm envious.

I'll get there in a month or so, but right now just depressed.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I just checked pff.com.

There's no gambling. A bit of advice for gamblers but mostly various sports info. Am I missing some secondary site or something?

I'm envious.

No no no no… Don’t get it twisted, i have been manic ALL day, as far as even getting choked up at one point. Im trying my best to be optimistic 

i had told myself last night i was going to avoid this place for at minimum a week as I would not be able to handle all of the negativity… I couldn’t stay away, and honestly after reading some of (majority of) the posts today, i CHOSE to look at all of the positives and what we have to build on. I feel like next year we have NO EXCUSES 

49 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

I just checked pff.com.

I'm envious.

Seemed to be a ton about bets for me, but what do I know -- i regard gambling as boring and as a poor tax. https://www.pff.com/.

1 hour ago, Best Williams Available said:

Just remember, Palmer teaches him fundamentals and habits to succeed.  Obviously you're coach is rarely close to your level, if he was he would be playing. 

Palmer can also help Josh get better at those things that only Josh can do.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Southern_Bills said:

So hard to look at Allen's stats and know he had to go home. 

Extremely frustrating you can't find a way to win with that QB play. 

What else is he expected to do?

Our quarterback achieved and played “championship caliber”, which McDermott likes to spout off and they plastered it all over the training facility a few weeks ago. Now we just need our coaching staff to actually achieve championship caliber. The coaches have frequently left a lot to be desired in last years and this years playoff games. 

There are going to be A LOT more Bills fans in the near future and I'm sure there already are, probably since the '19 Cowboys game when American got its first taste of JA17.   But what he showed everyone last night was just unbelievable.  I'm literally at a loss for words to accurately describe what I witnessed. 

Like a previous poster said we may have just glimpsed a new floor for Allen.  He's risen to a new level and we know he never stops doing everything he can do to get better and better.  Look at the difference between this game and last years AFC championship.  It's like two different QB's.  He's just now really putting it all together.  My goodness next season is going to be so interesting.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.